Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Canterbury Tales Cafe

Pictorial Reviews

You dont think members that have actually stayed there will now add to the thread?

FFS the bloke is providing a service yet all you can do is bitch.

Since you brought me back in...

So why not just ask members who have stayed there to submit a review instead of sending a guy to chat with the owner over coffee and submit a review of a hotel he has zero personal experience of staying at?

You are already an advanced member so why the ass licking?

Since you brought me back in...

So why not just ask members who have stayed there to submit a review instead of sending a guy to chat with the owner over coffee and submit a review of a hotel he has zero personal experience of staying at?

You are already an advanced member so why the ass licking?

Apparently the chosen word "review" was not the best choice,(as it's not a real review as you stated earlier in the thread) but a review as in the definition of the word is very objective, and it can be very positive or negative, depending on the person writing it.

Thats the reason why i think the OP did a GREAT job by just giving us all the facts(as personal experiences are different with every person), and IF people have stayed at the place (like me) they can still add their comment.

So please stop whining about a wrong choise of word and be happy that this adds to the value of this (allready) great forum.

Btw, there are allready many reviews(from people wo did use the accomodation) on the forum (also about the Canterbury Tales Cafe) so if you need any of those, just look for them

after just reading some of the posts,i tend to agree with compaqkid,a revie soley based of what the owner says isnt very objective.i have stayed there twice and think its well worths its price,the breakfast is the english standard i think,no worse no better.the bookstore is fantastic on the other hand the coffe is quite bad.apic from room 10patts olympus 015.JPGand a pic from room 6 inthe same building as the cafejony 001.JPGin witch the paint was coming off on the ceiling.my statement will be you get what you pay for.

Nice these reviews give us a different view then the view we get on hotel websites, etc... Keep it comming, I'm finding this interesting and usefull.

Some definitions of REVIEW:

1. a critical article or report.

2. a general survey of something, especially in words; a report or account of something.

3. an inspection or examination by viewing, especially a formal inspection.

I think the OP has covered that then. :):P

I probably wont be staying at CTs because i now live here in my own right as an expat. My regret on looking at this review, is that i wasted so much time staying elsewhere for years. I commend Pattaya Addicks for highlighting establishments like this so that others can choose not to make the mistakes i have made.

I think one can ascertain what the place is like without having to stay there, it is a Guest House after all and not some up market hotel. There is a difference as to what to expect and to what service you will recieve. Multi-personnel receptions, 24hrs-a-day maids and suited waiters are not the norm. :rolleyes:

I often use the main cafe area, and can recommend everything i've ever eaten there as been good and at a very fair price. The Kow Pat Gai with Tea/Coffee and Juice for 75b is great value.

The cafe is open to allcomers, and the banter that occurs is both funny at times, and very helpful at others. I have been coming to Thailand for decades, but have only just started living here, and i have picked up a great deal of good advice from Dave and his customers.

I will be recommending this place to all my mates in the future.

JUSTaskJARATSRI

Thai Translation and Thai Interpreter Service.

Phone: 0890915667

FlagHeads2.jpg

Language assistance with Banking, Legal, Medical or Personal.

Bar staff negotiation assistance.

All projects are kept absolutely confidential.

In addition, a 10% discount is offered to Pattaya-Addicts members who have signed up for at least a 1-year Power User membership (available to advanced members). That discount is not valid with any other discounts and will need to be verified by a P-A moderator or administrator (easily done).

Is this true Dave? I hope so. See you next week.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

The existence of a "1-year Power User membership" may have passed some people by (like me) and reading your write-up may be the first time they have heard about it.

As such it may be a good idea to provide a link to a page or thread with information about it. This may help to improve the conversion rate of viewers to new members. Had I not already sorted a decent discount for my hotel for my next trip then I would definitely want to know more and I know people can search the forum but people are also lazy too.

The existence of a "1-year Power User membership" may have passed some people by (like me) and reading your write-up may be the first time they have heard about it.

As such it may be a good idea to provide a link to a page or thread with information about it. This may help to improve the conversion rate of viewers to new members. Had I not already sorted a decent discount for my hotel for my next trip then I would definitely want to know more and I know people can search the forum but people are also lazy too.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/76980-power-users-supporting-the-forum/

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

Is this true Dave? I hope so. See you next week.

Yes is true, accounts to all room booking except the monthly rate as is already well discounted.

Cheers Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

i think this is a good commentary of the guesthouse, cafe and bookshop. describes the services and facilities etc in a reasoned and fair way. op is just painting a picture of what you might expect if you stay there.. although it would obviously carry more weight if op had stayed in a room, lifes a bit too short to worry about a post being a valid review because the op hasnt stayed there. having stayed there a couple of times i am a fan and would always vouch for the value for money on offer by dave.

one thing though - when were electronic key cards introduced ?

nice clear pics by the way, but what time were they taken ! never seen the cafe tables that empty... and only time i have seen the soi that empty was when staggering back at about 7 am.

babydollsaddict.gif

one thing though - when were electronic key cards introduced ?

nice clear pics by the way, but what time were they taken ! never seen the cafe tables that empty... and only time i have seen the soi that empty was when staggering back at about 7 am.

I don't know when the key card access was added.

The pictures were taken about 8:30am. A little after 9am, there were quite a few regulars who showed up for breakfast and engaged in some friendly banter. They were all very friendly and it seemed like a fun place to go hang out for a bit, eat breakfast, and watch the world go by.

Mission: to assist Pattaya-Addicts members by providing facts and photos of local businesses, thereby allowing them to better choose the establishments where they'd like to spend their time and money.

Are you a business owner who would like an information and pictorial thread about your establishment (hotel, Agogo, beer bar, restaurant, etc)? If so, send me a private message listing a contact name and phone number so we can schedule an appointment at a time convenient for you.

Yes it was quiet as most guys still snoring at that time, key cards are in building C only at this time,

Cheers Dave

...a pic from room 10post-40245-0-29151400-1316703477.jpg...

Well, I spent a night in room 10 a few months ago so here is my 2 baht regarding Canterbury Tales.

Pros: The owner and his wife are very nice people who do all they can to make you comfortable. The Internet wasn't working when I checked in (after checking out of the previous guest house in LK Metro for the same reason) and the owner spent some time to make sure it was up and working. It wasn't very fast but I appreciated the effort. Room 10 is basic but comfortable. The bed was fairly comfortable and the woman at the desk was happy to hold my bag containing my electronics when I left the room. The room was very clean. The coffee and hot water pot were a nice touch.

Cons: It is very difficult to sleep in the room unless you go to sleep after 1 or 2 am. If you are out getting pissed, that is no problem. For me, I was leaving early the next morning so it was slightly inconvenient. There was an issue with the electrics getting everything plugged in. I think there wasn't a needed plug for the DVD player. That didn't bother me as I had no Desire to watch DVDs but I thought it a little odd.

All in all, I would recommend the place if you are looking for budget accommodations.

I have personally referred 2 customers to Dave in the last week because he is a straight up guy who runs a good business. Well done to the reviewer for giving a balanced review with good quality pics. This is a invaluable service to our members and I cannot understand why some have been negative. All power to the Mods and Reviewer for making this info available. :001_Thank_You5::Bravo1:

image.png

Spent a month staying in room 6a and have to say a fair review,

Dave does his best to help you out and any problems you might have

are normally dealt with promptly

• 3 months later...

i'm pleased this place has kept the quality high, i used to get my breakfast here 05-06 when it was just a single shop front, it's great that trade has been good and they've been able to expand, trade's good because the service and quality is good, pleased to see a succes story and i look forward to popping in when i'm next in town

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate, yes we opened in 2005 so I guess it has worked, we try our best and realise we cant please all the people all the time but when you do your best that is all you can do.

Room 12A, available now up to 24th Feb & room 4C available now

• 2 years later...

Nice healthy breakfast available at Canterbury Tales now.

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

Nice healthy breakfast available at Canterbury Tales now.

I don't go there for the "healthy BF" however it is clearly important for some , I go for the cheap quality food and more importantly the info I get from the expats and long time return customers who freely answer all my questions on matters in pattaya, Yes some are bullshit but most are good you need to sort it out. ( not to difficult for most of us).

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 1 year later...

I have only heard good things about this guesthouse. I think my next trip I will try it out

PattayaWalkingStreet.jpg

Archived