IGNORED

appartment nr soi buahkow

gazbo1

Hi, I'm going back to Pattaya again in October, this time for 3 months instead of 2 so i figured I would get an appartment close to soi Buahkow, I looking around 4000 to 5000 bht amonth i dont need the glitz but somewhat safe and clean. cCould someone point me in the right direction or there maybe simalar posts..

Thanks Newbie,

Gary.

If you would up your appartment budget with 3-4000 thousend you could have a very nice appartment not to far away from the action. I don't know if you are going to get some decent place with furniture for the budget of 4-5000 bth.

Hi, I'm going back to Pattaya again in October, this time for 3 months instead of 2 so i figured I would get an appartment close to soi Buahkow, I looking around 4000 to 5000 bht amonth i dont need the glitz but somewhat safe and clean. cCould someone point me in the right direction or there maybe simalar posts..

Thanks Newbie,

Gary.

160thb per day for Oct,Nov,Dec in an apartment Clean and safe If you find it call me I will book 10.

:Oops1:

If you would up your appartment budget with 3-4000 thousend you could have a very nice appartment not to far away from the action. I don't know if you are going to get some decent place with furniture for the budget of 4-5000 bth.

9000 would not break the bank, I just remember my ex TG/F had her apartment on soi excite for 40000 but i realize she get the thai deal

9000 would not break the bank, I just remember my ex TG/F had her apartment on soi excite for 40000 but i realize she get the thai deal

I assume that's only 4K!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I reckon very difficult for farang to get a place for 4/5K per month. Unless in the middle of nowhere!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

check out soidb.com lot of cheap places there, some apartments in that range can be had for three months, but i guess its allways the way, you get what u pay for ;)

Thanks Newbie,

Gary.

Try DIANA DRAGON soi diana

I myself am taking full advantage of the "Thai Deal" (5500 tbh/mo.) as I type this message. the only caveat to the whole thing is that the apartment is in her name and even though I paid for it I bet she could kick my ass out. Better be on my best behavior.:ThumbUp6: Getting back to the topic at hand...If you really want to find a good deal your best bet is to get a girlfriend, proxy or whatever to find one of those places that

isn't advertised on the Internet and where the staff doesn't speak English. I found one of those places about a 2 min Bhat Bus ride from Walking Street. Its noting spectacular but it's clean, safe and bed bug free, we even have the use of the neighboring hotels pool for free. Decent WiFi too.

I myself am taking full advantage of the "Thai Deal" (5500 tbh/mo.) as I type this message. the only caveat to the whole thing is that the apartment is in her name and even though I paid for it I bet she could kick my ass out. Better be on my best behavior.:ThumbUp6: Getting back to the topic at hand...If you really want to find a good deal your best bet is to get a girlfriend, proxy or whatever to find one of those places that

isn't advertised on the Internet and where the staff doesn't speak English. I found one of those places about a 2 min Bhat Bus ride from Walking Street. Its noting spectacular but it's clean, safe and bed bug free, we even have the use of the neighboring hotels pool for free. Decent WiFi too.

Yes that is what i did last time i was there,I may break down and call the ex to ask her to help me find one but I dont want her to know i'm in pattaya or at least not right away. one time she saw me sitting in a bar on soi bauhkow three week before i was supposed to arrive in thailand... oops

Well I do not think you get anything interesting with 4-5 K. In soy Diana, there is a hotel called Diana Dragon or something like that, I think the room was not that bad. The one on the ground floor was bad. You get it for about 9000 or so and you can also use the swimming pool in Diana inn. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

[/quo

easy speak give some good adresses, that will help.....

I stayed in the Soi Buakow area for almost two years. First, in guesthouses on a month-to-month rate (9-10k) and then in an apartment (6500 baht a month plus elec and water, furnished with bed, armoire, table, refrig, TV w/cable) on Soi 19 between Soi Buakow and 3rd Road for over 16 months (now in a Condo). Most of these smaller inexpensive places on Soi Buakow are not advertised nor do they have websites, so you'll have to walk from place to place and ask as most do not even put up 'For Rent' signs as they usually have people waiting as soon as someone moves out. A friend of mine told me of an open room in his complex (5k baht) right on Soi Buakow and when I inquired it was already filled (I wanted a 2nd apt for ST visitors).

I like Soi 19 because I frequented the Central Festival Mall which was directly across after walking through the beer bar complex. There are many apts on Soi 19. Soi Buakow is long enough so depending on your favorite areas, you can probably find a place right on Soi Buakow or on the sois between Buakow and 3rd Road. It's also very easy to get to Walking Street as the baht bus on Buakow goes to Pattaya Klang and 2nd Road which is one block from the entrance to Walking Street (except on Tues and Friday afternoons when the Buakow market is open near Pattaya Klang, then the baht bus turns left towards 3rd Road; no right turn on those days).

At 5k baht a month plus utilities, I am assuming you don't require many amenities like a swimming pool, etc... At 3500, you can get a 'fan' room (AD Apartments on Pattaya Klang does have a website, but it's across 3rd Road away from Buakow). At 5500-6500, you can get an AC room of 32 sq meters or so. I've visited a few rooms across 3rd Road where the price may get a little lower or much higher for nicer places, but there's no baht bus route on 3rd Road, but if you have a motorbike or like to walk, then it won't be an issue.

In summary, I'd recommend you rent a guesthouse for a minimum of a few weeks to a month or more and then do some walking and inquiring with each complex. You should also visit the place during all hours of the day and night (bar or construction noises, etc..) to determine if it meets your lifestyle as you don't want to pay deposit and rent an apartment that you want to move out of in a month. I received my deposit back, but I have heard of stories where people do not get their deposits returned.

Ok, I love the Soi Buakow area, miss living there and still walk through it frequently. It's a 24 hour area with regularly baht buses, bars, restaurants, etc... Enjoy.

Edited by losgrad