IGNORED

Memory-card recommendations

.Odin.

Hi!

I hope some of you photographers can help me out on this one. I'm going to get the new Canon PowerShot S100 when it arrives in my favorite online store and need an extra memory card or two.

Which memory-card brand should i go for?

How fast/expensive does it have to be for the Canon PS S100?

I hope you guys can help me out as prices on a single 16GB SDHC card vary from 23$ all the way up to 126$ for the different models.

:001_Thank_You5:

Bookmarking this thread.

I want to work on my Photographic skills for my next trip.

Alleycat gave me a few pointers that really improved my shots already!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Bookmarking this thread.

I want to work on my Photographic skills for my next trip.

Alleycat gave me a few pointers that really improved my shots already!

Has he posted them in a thread on the forum?

Hi!

I hope some of you photographers can help me out on this one. I'm going to get the new Canon PowerShot S100 when it arrives in my favorite online store and need an extra memory card or two.

Which memory-card brand should i go for?

How fast/expensive does it have to be for the Canon PS S100?

I hope you guys can help me out as prices on a single 16GB SDHC card vary from 23$ all the way up to 126$ for the different models.

:001_Thank_You5:

Get at least a Class 6 card, preferably a Class 10. (The Class level designates how fast the card is.

Higher numbers are faster, currently Class 10 is the fastest.) You should be able to get a 16Gb

Class 10 card for under $30 on sale. I've been using both PNY and Kingston brands, along with a

generic house brand (MicroCenter) with no issues for any of them so far.

Edited by DMustang

• 1 month later...

I always buy microsd cards for maximum all round compatibility with everything else, I can use them in my phone, my tablet, with a sd adaptor in PDA, camera and laptop, competitively priced, Unless your camera is a very high spec camera and you are taking a lot of continuous frames mid range cards are fine. High speed cards are really for high speed cameras. I use mid range cards and can still shoot at 20fps without too much problems (in fact it is usually the camera buffer which fills up first). My camera is capable of dual cards so can shoot and backup simultaneously. As previously mentioned PNY and Kingston are solid and reliable and I also recommend sandisk nut they can be pricy

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

Pretty much everyone said. Get a class 10 card which is better for higher end cameras. For your point and shoot it really won't make a difference but if you do get what you pay for in SDHC and it's worth the extra money to get a name brand card from a store or Amazon.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

And get at least 2 cards because they can/will fail without warning.

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

SanDisk has some super fast Class 10's that are probably overkill for most people.

I've had good experiences with Transcend SD cards. Not as fast as the top of the line SanDisks, but much much cheaper.

I'd check out something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-Flash-Memory-TS32GSDHC10E/dp/B003VNKNF0