IGNORED

Hotel Recommendation Needed ~2000 Baht

Tariq

Hello Nice People

I am planning for my vacation next Feb/March. I need some hotel recommendations for a room that is no more than 2000 Baht per night. I previously stayed in the holiday inn (too expensive nowadays), many times in August Suites (last experience was not very good). So, I like to change hotel. This is what I need:

1. Cost not to exceed 2000 Baht per night, possible to go a little higher if that will get me something better.
  2. Very Clean. Daily room cleaning and towel change.
  3. Good big shower, I do not use a bath and would really like to shower with the girls.
  4. Free and Good WiFi connection.
  5. Girl Friendly. One free joiner per night is enough, I do not want to host parties.
  6. Quite, I go to sleep around 11 PM and get disturbed by music / traffic / loud neighbours ...etc.
  7. Location needs to be within very short walking distance to Baht bus routes on beach road or second road.
  8. Preferably a room high up to reduce traffic noise.
  9. No pool required. Never used them in Patts and not planning to.
  10. Breakfast should be included, nothing elaborate, a couple of eggs with toast and tea will do the job.

I would appreciate your recommendations

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have heard good things about the LK Rennaisance and like the location. I have heard that the rooms are dated though. Still, seems like an option.

Nantra seems like a very good option, thanks for the recommendation. I have not heard of this hotel and have never noticed it before. Might give it a shot.

Search Red balcony hotel in Agoda.com,I have made a reservation there over the christmas period. On my last trip i was staying at a different hotel and one of the Devils Den staff kindly recomended that she liked the rooms and that they were only 1800 baht per night for the sea view suite, with a 200 baht joiner fee. The next day i enquired at the hotel direct and they confirmed the above to be true. Dont book through their website as the price is listed at their maxium price. I emailed them with my dates and the price of 1800 baht , i payed through bank transfer and i got a fast reply with my confirmation . Their is no restaurant or elevator , but for me the location is perfect , close to beach road, pattaya beer garden , Walking Street , and the baywatch restaurant is a 30 second walk from the front doors of the hotel ,

I have heard good things about the LK Rennaisance and like the location. I have heard that the rooms are dated though. Still, seems like an option.

Nantra seems like a very good option, thanks for the recommendation. I have not heard of this hotel and have never noticed it before. Might give it a shot.

Nantra de Boutique is available on directrooms.com at £20 a night

I suggest you check out LK Royal suites 1,276baht a night, includes breakfast for two and great pool. If you want to move up a class, August Suites, 1,700baht or April 1,500baht. All these prices are by booking directly with the hotels

Search Red balcony hotel in agoda.com,I have made a reservation there over the christmas period. On my last trip i was staying at a different hotel and one of the Devils Den staff kindly recomended that she liked the rooms and that they were only 1800 baht per night for the sea view suite, with a 200 baht joiner fee. The next day i enquired at the hotel direct and they confirmed the above to be true. Dont book through their website as the price is listed at their maxium price. I emailed them with my dates and the price of 1800 baht , i payed through bank transfer and i got a fast reply with my confirmation . Their is no restaurant or elevator , but for me the location is perfect , close to beach road, pattaya beer garden , walking street , and the baywatch restaurant is a 30 second walk from the front doors of the hotel ,

Unfortunately, I need the elevator because of some issues with the knees.

That is a deal killer.

I suggest you check out LK Royal suites 1,276baht a night, includes breakfast for two and great pool. If you want to move up a class, August Suites, 1,700baht or April 1,500baht. All these prices are by booking directly with the hotels

I stayed in August Suites since they opened.

Last time, the service and atmosphere were not good. I did not enjoy my stay. So I am looking for alternatives.

Not heard me any bad service in August Suites or indeed, bad atmosphere. Can you expand on this criticism as I'm staying there in November and this could be helpful to me and other BM's

Not heard me any bad service in August suites or indeed, bad atmosphere. Can you expand on this criticism as I'm staying there in November and this could be helpful to me and other BM's

I stayed there when they were newly opened with some friends and then again some months later. I had no complaints and I gave them a very good review in this forum in the August Suites hotel thread. I was very pleased with the hotel. I am sure that my review is still around somewhere.

I then stayed with them in March 2011. That stay was not so good. They have more people now, so they are busier than before.

I told them about the time that I will arrive, I arrived at early afternoon, room is not ready and will not be ready for a couple of hours. They tried to upsell their suite, I caved and prepaid for the suite for my entire stay since it was ready and my room was not ready. My main gripe and the reason I am searching for alternatives was that they had a newly introduced policy when I was there that gives a maximum of two towels per day per room. When I stayed there before, that was not the case. I sometimes have a girl in the afternoon and another at night and will then require 3-4 towels. They never had a problem giving me additional towels before, all of a sudden they want 100 baht per additional towel. I was staying at their executive suite and was paying 2500 per day, nevertheless not even the manager would budge and give any flexibility, one towel = 100 baht additional. After that, things started going downhill, I did not feel comfortable, manager was giving me "The Look", I prepaid for the room, however, I left a couple of days early, spent some time in Bangkok and then went home. And even during check-out, I found them checking out the room including the bedsheets and towels before giving me the receipt. I did not appreciate that.

So, between the "bait and switch" tactic for the room, the additional cost for some towels (in total less than 500 baht for my entire stay), the uncomfortable looks, ...etc., the place does not look appealing anymore.

Feel free to ask if you need more information.

I stayed there when they were newly opened with some friends and then again some months later. I had no complaints and I gave them a very good review in this forum in the August suites hotel thread. I was very pleased with the hotel. I am sure that my review is still around somewhere.

I then stayed with them in March 2011. That stay was not so good. They have more people now, so they are busier than before.

I told them about the time that I will arrive, I arrived at early afternoon, room is not ready and will not be ready for a couple of hours. They tried to upsell their suite, I caved and prepaid for the suite for my entire stay since it was ready and my room was not ready. My main gripe and the reason I am searching for alternatives was that they had a newly introduced policy when I was there that gives a maximum of two towels per day per room. When I stayed there before, that was not the case. I sometimes have a girl in the afternoon and another at night and will then require 3-4 towels. They never had a problem giving me additional towels before, all of a sudden they want 100 baht per additional towel. I was staying at their executive suite and was paying 2500 per day, nevertheless not even the manager would budge and give any flexibility, one towel = 100 baht additional. After that, things started going downhill, I did not feel comfortable, manager was giving me "The Look", I prepaid for the room, however, I left a couple of days early, spent some time in Bangkok and then went home. And even during check-out, I found them checking out the room including the bedsheets and towels before giving me the receipt. I did not appreciate that.

So, between the "bait and switch" tactic for the room, the additional cost for some towels (in total less than 500 baht for my entire stay), the uncomfortable looks, ...etc., the place does not look appealing anymore.

Feel free to ask if you need more information.

Totally understand where you're coming from there mate, I have had the same sort of experiences in other

hotels and yes these incidents or stupid rules do put you off from making a return visit.

Totally understand where you're coming from there mate, I have had the same sort of experiences in other

hotels and yes these incidents or stupid rules do put you off from making a return visit.

check out page 10 hotel

Hello Nice People

I am planning for my vacation next Feb/March. I need some hotel recommendations for a room that is no more than 2000 Baht per night. I previously stayed in the holiday inn (too expensive nowadays), many times in August Suites (last experience was not very good). So, I like to change hotel. This is what I need:

1. Cost not to exceed 2000 Baht per night, possible to go a little higher if that will get me something better.
  3. Good big shower, I do not use a bath and would really like to shower with the girls.
  5. Girl Friendly. One free joiner per night is enough, I do not want to host parties.
  6. Quite, I go to sleep around 11 PM and get disturbed by music / traffic / loud neighbours ...etc.
  7. Location needs to be within very short walking distance to Baht bus routes on beach road or second road.
  10. Breakfast should be included, nothing elaborate, a couple of eggs with toast and tea will do the job.

I'd recommend Page10 as well. I stayed there in January and didn't have any issues with my stay. Looking on Agoda you should be right around the 2000 baht per night for February/March.

The cleaners were excellent, never an issue with extra towels :) I had a deluxe room and the shower is huge, room for at least 4 people if needed :Party5:

Location is good, basically on the corner of Soi 10 and 2nd road so you're near the baht bus and of course there's a moto-taxi stand just on the corner as well. There is a beer bar complex across Soi 10 from the hotel, so if you're facing the Soi you might get some noise. I was on the 4th floor overlooking the bars and it didn't bother me at all, but if you requested a higher floor facing the other direction you should be fine.

WiFi seemed fine, but I had my travel router plugged into the wired connection most of the time. They have a pool, and from the pictures it looked nice, but I never saw it in person :)

Fritzy

I'd recommend Page10 as well. I stayed there in January and didn't have any issues with my stay. Looking on Agoda you should be right around the 2000 baht per night for February/March.

The cleaners were excellent, never an issue with extra towels :) I had a deluxe room and the shower is huge, room for at least 4 people if needed :Party5:

Location is good, basically on the corner of Soi 10 and 2nd road so you're near the baht bus and of course there's a moto-taxi stand just on the corner as well. There is a beer bar complex across Soi 10 from the hotel, so if you're facing the Soi you might get some noise. I was on the 4th floor overlooking the bars and it didn't bother me at all, but if you requested a higher floor facing the other direction you should be fine.

WiFi seemed fine, but I had my travel router plugged into the wired connection most of the time. They have a pool, and from the pictures it looked nice, but I never saw it in person :)

Fritzy

You'll never get Page 10 with Agoda for 2000baht in Feb/Mar

Hello Nice People

You'll never get Page 10 with Agoda for 2000baht in Feb/Mar

Why not? The OP doesn't list exact dates, but some random searches reveal 2100 - 2250 baht per night all in depending on the dates and the length of the stay.

Plugging in some random dates on the Page10 website reveal studio deluxe rooms, including breakfast, for 2016 baht per night all in.

The Page10 is a good hotel that fits quite well with what the OP is looking for.

Fritzy

Why not? The OP doesn't list exact dates, but some random searches reveal 2100 - 2250 baht per night all in depending on the dates and the length of the stay.

Plugging in some random dates on the Page10 website reveal studio deluxe rooms, including breakfast, for 2016 baht per night all in.

The Page10 is a good hotel that fits quite well with what the OP is looking for.

Fritzy

Hi Mate, yes i had a look on there site on various dates and there are a few prices like that, but don't forget to add on the service charge(10%) and the VAT (7%) that makes a big difference. I have stayed in the hotel 3 times and you can get a deal if you email them and ask for a room at a special price. Last November I asked if they could beat a deal of 1800 which i had been offered at LK Met. They gave me a room for 1690baht which i accepted. I'm in Patts in 6 weeks staying at August Suites 1,700 a night, Page 10 would only do a room at 1999, needless to say i didn't take it, but i'll try again in March 2012!