IGNORED

Xbox 360 hdd probs

Digsy

Anybody know anything about transferring data from one hdd to another?

Basically I only have about 780mb on my 20gb xbox360 hdd. I bought a 250gb off Ebay (starting to think mistake :/) and a transfer cable.

The disc that came with it wasn't an official transfer cable disc but an unmarked disc. When I attached the 250hdd to my xbox using the cable and put the disc in it came up as "mixed media" and I couldn't open the disc at all.

I put the disc into pc to see what would happen and it had some program called Xport but when I tried to install in flagged up as a trojan. I was able to download Xport from the net so I did this and when I plugged my 20 in, it recognized it and brought up all files that are on the hdd. But once I'd done that I was lost at what to do next :/

I looked up the net and saw you could manually transfer if you went to console settings and memory. I plugged the cable and 250 hdd into a usb port and it said the thing needed formatted. I did so but when I went to transfer it said 15.9gb instead of 250gb.

I plugged it into my computer and it came up in "my computer" like it was an extra hdd with "210 free of 238" or something similiar.

I am lost as to what I am to do :/

• 2 months later...

Check out Tukcom.. they can put a larger drive in, modify the console so you can play games from the hard drive then fill it up with 30 games of your choice.

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?