Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cambodian beggars removed from the streets of Pattaya, for now

QuotaMan

Business as usual

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/39124/cambodian-beggars-removed-from-the-streets-of-pattaya-for-now/

13_09_54_3_4.jpg

On Monday morning Chonburi Immigration officers launched a co-ordinated sweep of the streets of Pattaya and arrested 50 persons allegedly engaged in the begging for money industry. All 50 were identified as Cambodian illegals. The 50, nine males, 18 females, and 23 very young children, were taken to the front of the Chonburi Immigration offices in Jomtien Soi 5 where they were paraded before the media. Police Colonel Choosuk, the Superintendent of Chonburi Immigration, led the press conference and he said the Cambodian illegals would be sent back across the border. He said that if anyone happened to see illegal beggars on the streets they should call Immigration officers to come and take them away. Despite the cries of the young children assembled behind him, Colonel Choosuk was able to make his point forcefully, saying that Pattaya is now a world-class tourist destination and the sight of Cambodian beggars on the streets is a blot on the landscape. After the press conference was completed, the 50 Cambodians were loaded onto a prison truck and taken away.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I know the scam behind it....but, I still feel for them.

Yea especially the little kids I feel bad. Sometimes I give them something though I know I shouldn't. Some of the bar girls I've been with also give beggars money.

But it makes me laugh with this 'show of force' to 'clean up the image' of Pattaya as a 'world class destination' garbage. Just do these inconsequential and minimal things for show while allowing things like jet ski scammers to exist.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song