IGNORED

Bay Breeze Hotel

yimmy

Just letting people know! A friend of mine just got back from Patts and stayed in the Bay Breeze hotel because he stayed there before, He left his money in the 'safety box' at the reception! he went to take money out after 4 days and 1800 euro was missing, he had 4000 euro in it, i know it was stupid of him to have that much cash on him but he's a newbie, Anyway he asked the lady at the reception to show him the cctv footage but suprise, suprise it had vanished! And the police were no help either, suprise, suprise!!!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Well I hope most of us to the sensible thing and deposit the cash money in to a thai bank account. I do that every time I go to thailand, makes things alot easier and safer. Just keep like 10 to 15 thousend bth in cash..

Edited by aonsamui

I stayed my last 2 trips at Bay Breeze, had no such problems.

They have a 2 key safety box but if they have both keys then

they can just open the box and take what they want...at any hotel.

Like you mentioned, he had too much cash at one location.

I never trust leaving money in safety deposit boxes anywhere

I think safetybox is only for keeping there:

Air-tickets,Passport,some credit or atm card and laptop (if it fits)

I never keep cash in safetybox

Edited by mikkol76

This is not the first time I have heard of thieving at the Breeze

I stayed there up to about 3 years ago , but hotel was getting a little delapodated

And moved to Eastiny Residence, where my belonging,s were stolen fron safety box (behind reception)

Anyway it SHOULD be safe in any hotel to leave your property in safety boxes,

What the f//k is going on work your arse off all year, check in to hotel use safety box

and some thieving c//t rob,s you, this is NOT FU//ING ON

Can someone who is more computer savvy than me PLEASE start up a genuine forum

stating all details of who was robbed and where,

And to prove that that all post,s ARE genuine people who are robbed must cut and paste

a police report on to each post posted

This will give us all a real idea how much thieving is going on and where

It is no joke being thousand,s of miles from home , to find your cash passport credit card,s

and what ever else gone and to tell you lad,s if if happens ther is NOTHING you can do

and expect NOTHING from hotel or police(just police report cost 500 baht in english)

Really it is terrible thing to happen to anyone

So what about a forum to show what is going on

Cheer,s lad,s

Well he is lucky everything wasn't stolen I guess. That is why I will take the hit on the ATM fees from home and not bring cash. I don't even really feel comfortable keeping too much money in my Thai bank account as have heard people having funds stolen that way as well and there is no protection like you have back home.

I always bring my own padlock to put on the safety box then i know i am the only one with a key.

Used to stay at the bay breeze many years ago

Thought i would try it again in dec 2009, when i checked out,there was extra put on my bill from the bar fridge in the room that i had not used, a scam that a few hotels do.

Bottom line i will not use this hotel anymore

The place is run down now, and over priced.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

Just letting people know! A friend of mine just got back from Patts and stayed in the Bay Breeze hotel because he stayed there before, He left his money in the 'safety box' at the reception! he went to take money out after 4 days and 1800 euro was missing, he had 4000 euro in it, i know it was stupid of him to have that much cash on him but he's a newbie, Anyway he asked the lady at the reception to show him the cctv footage but suprise, suprise it had vanished! And the police were no help either, suprise, suprise!!!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Really sorry to hear that.

I stayed at the Bay Breeze this time last year and had my mobile phone and several thousand baht stolen whilst I was there. I was pretty sure that it was the 'maintenance man' that stole it, who coincidentally also maintains the CCTV cameras!

I created a rumpus when I checked-out and walked out of the hotel. Another farang saw me 'in a state of distress' as I walked out and asked what the matter was. It turned out that he has previously stayed there and had also had several thousand baht stolen as well.

bb69

• 3 weeks later...

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

bay breeze is a shit hole . i always wonder that when there is a crime in hotel the cctv footage is always vanished.

and the poilce are bastards.

• 2 months later...

A friend of mine also got stolen on cash and a pair of shoes (!) when we stayed there last year! Not recommending this hotel at all because of the bad staff even though the rooms are ok.

First three trips I stayed there never had a problem,my first trip two weeks before we arrived a Canadian guy cut up his tg into bits and left her there I think the room number was 707,we had some fun with the girls we used to take back,tell them our room number was 707 and they were scared shitless until they realized we were taking the piss,when it was time to sleep the girls clung to me like glue.