Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flight of the Gibbon

battlefield16

Hello fellas. In my trip to thailand im planning to visit "Flight Of the Gibbon" ride. I just want to know where is the best place to do it:

1. Bangkok

2. Chiang Mai

3. Pattaya :o

Please tell me what is your opinion. Especially those who visit more than one location.

Thanks Alot!

Flight of the Gibbon in Bangkok and Pattaya actually take place at the same location. I don't know about the Chiang Mai Flight of the Gibbon but the one near Pattaya is a great half-day trip. I loved it.

Mmmm never been to the one in Chiang Mai, but it's good fun. Just come over to Patts and enjoy all the fun and delights overhere. :D

Did the one out of Pattaya last trip (khao keow). Good fun. Lunch wasn't much but the overall experience was still great.

I've done the "Flight of the Gibbon" half day trip from Pattaya as well. Great craic and recommended.

To confirm what has been said aboove the Bangkok and Pattaya adventures are the same.

I have been told however that the Chang Mai adventure is far superior. When I asked a similar question to my Thai friends the were not even aware that there was a Jungle area around Pats.

Did the one in Pattaya a few months back and loved it. The guides were great and it is something everyone should do at least once.

Thank You Very much guys. There is no a great resource of fine information than a true objective opinion from people that "Been There, Done That" :001_Thank_You5: :DDD

Hi,

You all love it, but don't you think that paying 3000 thb for half day fun is being cheated ?

Any foreigner involved in this business ? Is it why it is expensive ?

And what about safety, are we all waiting the first death to understand that paying to die when doing this kind of thing is stupid ?

Waiting for your opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question. Does anyone know of any size limitiations? Basically afraid the harness going to fit like a BG g-string and Im going to be miserable the whole day trip. I'm athletic and mobile enough that I don't expect any problems doing this course but Im also on the bigger side. Little nervous. Any input or advice?

Hi,

You all love it, but don't you think that paying 3000 thb for half day fun is being cheated ?

Any foreigner involved in this business ? Is it why it is expensive ?

And what about safety, are we all waiting the first death to understand that paying to die when doing this kind of thing is stupid ?

Waiting for your opinion.

LOL 3000 baht isn't dirt cheap but it's not that expensive, it includes the minibus to and from the place + a meal and of course a few kilometres of zipline. Do you think it's free to set up all the infrastructure on the tree tops? It looked pretty safe in my opinion (harnesses and hooks).

If you think this is dangerous and stupid, feel free to stay in your condo, it'll cost you 0 baht :)

Im 6'4 and just under 300lb so i guess around 21 stones.

I don't know how to quote from another thread, but in this one:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/62541-flight-of-the-gibbons/

Someone left the comment:

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:

Guests must be at least 100 cm (3 ft. 3 in.) tall and not more than 130 kg (286 lb.).

Looks like I will be hitting my thighmaster extra hard before the trip to get under weight.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the one at Pattaya/Bangkok which was a blast!! :D Can't tell you about the last one, but you won't be disappointed if you choose the one in Pattaya/Bangkok :)

I did the flight of the gibbon last time I was in Chang Mai, I weigh roughly 105 kgs. I was a little worried but survived never the less. I actually lost my hand brake (piece of bamboo) on one of the longer runs. The look on the faces of the two guys on the platform as I approached at a million miles an hour was priceless. I hit them both fairly hard but they stopped me before slamming into the tree in the middle of the platform, I was fairly generous with my tip as they seemed to be a bit sore .....and I would do it again in a heart beat.

Matt