Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

So what's with that floating restaurant?

Get Thai'd

What with the flooding, I guess there's a lot of floating restaurants in Pattaya these days. ;-) However, I've seen pictures and viddys taken of the Pattaya Beer Garden at the foot of Walking Street, and you can see some kind of barge out at sea. there's an animated neon crab on it, indicating it's some kind of seafood place. I assume they take you out there on small boats. Sounds romantic and pricey. I think I may have read somewhere that it's called the River Kwai. Anybody tried it? Is it good or touristy?

Yes i have been there,you get a boat from balihai pier at the end of Walking Street. The entertainment either a ladyboy show or a dance troupe. The food is ok, if indifferent, not too pricey, but as you say touristy. Full of japanese and russian couples.

They are always running busloads of tourists in and out of there, by the hundreds it looks like. I can't imagine any restaurant serving that many folks a night having very high standards.

Looks interesting, wonder if the boat rocks any. Looks like 2 types of boats.

http://www.orientalcruisespattaya.com/

http://www.orientalcruisespattaya.com/oriental_star.htm

http://www.orientalcruisespattaya.com/oriental_moon.htm

mnustar_02.gif

mnustar_102.gif

mnustar_104.gif

mnustar_12.gif

mnustar_22.gif

mnustar_24.gif

mnustar_34.gif

mnustar_42.gif

mnustar_44.gif

mnustar_52.gif

mnustar_54.gif

mnustar_07.gif

mnustar_09.gif

mnustar_17.gif

mnustar_19.gif

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Looks interesting, wonder if the boat rocks any. Looks like 2 types of boats.

Wow, that's great info, thanks! Touristy food and ladyboys. I'll stay on land, thank you very much. I hear the Lobster Pot on Walking Street is what I'm looking for.