Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Windows 8 Preview available for download tonight

7-Eleven

I'm quite the computer nerd but that's basically the reason I'm still using Windows XP, Vista was just terrible and Windows 7 had a lot of annoying features, so skipped that one too. I wonder if this Windows 8 will be the one worth actually updating to.

Same here. I've kept my machines on XP. Stable, reliable, and most importantly I understand it.

Thanks for the info though :Good_Post:

I running Windows 7 its works OK - just OK. Firefox shits all the time and Google earth will only work within a browser and not well.

I've had a lot of freezing problems.

From my experience we had a Japanese edition of ME on the missus PC when I first met her, and it did truly live up to it's nickname of "Mistaken Edition" it was an endless battle just trying to keep the machine running from week to week.

At Uni I used and got very familiar with XP and "started to appreciate" it robustness and rigorousness.

Vista (after 6 months in the market) was frustrating the public just as much as ME, so I avoided this.

Windows 7 I got a copy and tried it out on a "capable PC" (at least 4GB of RAM) and have never looked back it has resolved all of the bugginess of Vista and truly created something to actually rival XP. The missus was very "clingy" to XP as well but after a week off WIN7 (only 2 months ago) she is also hooked especially with the language packs and capacity to tune the whole OS language "after install".

Win7 is worth a look for 1-2 days at least a lot more friendly than Vista ever was (everything works with Win7, the drivers are sorted!).

My 2c.

Edited by Newguy1967

I'm quite the computer nerd but that's basically the reason I'm still using Windows XP, Vista was just terrible and Windows 7 had a lot of annoying features, so skipped that one too. I wonder if this Windows 8 will be the one worth actually updating to.

I also use XP64 and am very happy.

I have TOTAL control over my computer. I have unhidden all my files. Can access and see what is in

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temp

etc

as this is the usual place for spyware/viruses to go before they install

Try and do the same in Windows 7 ahhhh

with Windows 7 ... it takes CONTROL over many things like these that XP allows one to control.

Thanks for the info Serpentine! Im in between computers at the moment otherwise would have tried Win8. Ive used Win7 since it came out and loved it. Stable and did everything i wanted perfectly. I miss having a pc but this new android phone is becoming an addictive little beast.

Clean install required.

A clean install is only required if you are going to develop apps for it,otherwise just download the "Windows Developer Preview (32-bit or 64-bit)" and not the "Windows Developer Preview with developer tools".

I'm also keen to hear if anyone took it for a spin.

I'm might have to "reformat" a HDD here when I find the time.

I'm not gonna put it anywhere near my 2xSATAIII RAID0 set up, to great a risk for "beta" testing.

• 10 months later...

Windows 7 is far from perfect so I don't think I'll be opting for a newer hashed over version as every version of windows has had a neverending, ongoing updates and it isn't going to stop with version 8. I have loaded up a separate drive with Ubuntu so I can do online searches without the virus's, bugs, spyware, adware or trojans and malware to bring it to a crashing finale. I can usually accomplish all of that with a hammer. Microsoft has been very good at suckering people into using their beta version software so they can iron out the bugs at your expense. Too many problems getting the right drivers to work with your PC's hardware without trying to get a new beta version of windows to work with all of that. I remember all the hardware and software manufacturer's scrambling to come up with drivers to work with Windows 7 as it took Nvidia and Logitech weeks to get theirs to work with Windows 7 and they have provided several updated drivers since then so forget Windows 8 until it's been on the market at least 2 years.

Windows 8 seems to be very bad because very close like apple Os. You will have to pass through a "windows store" to buy games and software. Steam have yet decided to support their platform under linux because of this.

I also still use windows xp which works quite well but think about going to windows 7.