IGNORED

Are you terrified by the statistics on AIDS

irlguy1

I see every day that there are new posts about HIV and AIDS but how many of you know the details of what you fear ?

Have a look at the documentary called house of numbers you can watch the full thing on YouTube. I was pretty shocked by what I saw. I am not saying AIDS is not scary but it made me think about how big it really is. It wouldn't be the first time a crisis was used to make money.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• irlguy1

• Scumbag

• illuxion

• El Cata

AIDS is always very frigtening for me.. I never ignored the warning of the dangers of getting risk into HIV... Stick to Condom everytime.... God bless all the unfortunte people , hopefully the cure will be found sooner than later...

Isn't the whole premise of 'House of Numbers' that HIV doesn't cause AIDS? Anyway it's a documentary produced by a conspiracy nut! :WTF1:

The chance of contracting HIV from a single encounter with an infected partner in Thailand is about 1 in 100,000; about the same chance you have of dying on the plane home.

There are other confounding factors, such as existing STIs which may act as a catalyst & the regional prevalence; nothing to get (too) worried about...of course practising safe sex is always good advice! :Eat_Me:

sgu_banner.gif

While the new infection rates are declining, it still scares me pretty bad. I hooked up with the HR manager of the company next to mine and she got pissy with me when I tried to don a hat. She said she didn't like them, they made her dry, did I think she was a sick girl, on and on. I calmly stated it wasn't that, it was just that I wasn't ready for a baby yet and it would be better if we used one(trying my damnedest not to ruin the moment). She retorted with, "it's ok, you just take out." Oh well, who am I to argue, so went along with it, and still came inside many many times lol. Thankfully 6 months later and I'm not sick and she doesn't have a lump in her gut after a month on plonking away bareback, but still made me real nervous.

As far as BGs. Occasionally I like to munch, but I always wear a hat. I've had many that have stated "no condom ok!" those are the ones where I wear 2 :D

Had a semi funny scare on my last trip that thankfully wasn't me, or it wouldn't be so funny. One of my good friends was out visiting our plant so I took him down to Patts one weekend. We were at what's up and he was dining on every little gal that would dare to sit in front of him. Having a great time. His face constantly covered with suds and other juices. The next day one of his eyes was bothering him, by mid week is was horrendous. We went to 3 different docs in LoS all prescribing something different saying it was something different. We headed up to China to visit another plant and his eye was tore UP 1 week later and the other was starting to go as well. I tried to get him into the national hospital in China but it wasn't happening so I put him on a plane back to the US. A doc visit and culture revealed he got gonorrhea in his EYES and now only has about 60% visit left in the first eye that went bad, it wreaked havoc on his retina.

Isn't the whole premise of 'House of Numbers' that HIV doesn't cause AIDS? Anyway it's a documentary produced by a conspiracy nut! :WTF1:

The chance of contracting HIV from a single encounter with an infected partner in Thailand is about 1 in 100,000; about the same chance you have of dying on the plane home.

There are other confounding factors, such as existing STIs which may act as a catalyst & the regional prevalence; nothing to get (too) worried about...of course practising safe sex is always good advice! :Eat_Me:

"Know your enemy" would be pretty good advice, I guess. Subtype-E which is all over Thailand gives you 1 in 200 odds, which is quite a lot riskier then what you suggest.

I am not saying its all fiction of course safe sex is the best and for me the only way to go.What I am saying is that Aids and HIV has been escalated in the media and among certain countries in order to get more funding.The film may be produced by a conspiracy nut but that does not make its content any less true.The facts remain that it is a disease prominent more in poor countries where the alleged symptoms coincidentally can be the same as malnourishment and unsanitary living conditions.It is also a fact that the medication has been proved in many cases to be worse than the disease if in fact the person even had the disease in the first place.

While the new infection rates are declining, it still scares me pretty bad. I hooked up with the HR manager of the company next to mine and she got pissy with me when I tried to don a hat. She said she didn't like them, they made her dry, did I think she was a sick girl, on and on. I calmly stated it wasn't that, it was just that I wasn't ready for a baby yet and it would be better if we used one(trying my damnedest not to ruin the moment). She retorted with, "it's ok, you just take out." Oh well, who am I to argue, so went along with it, and still came inside many many times lol. Thankfully 6 months later and I'm not sick and she doesn't have a lump in her gut after a month on plonking away bareback, but still made me real nervous.

As far as BGs. Occasionally I like to munch, but I always wear a hat. I've had many that have stated "no condom ok!" those are the ones where I wear 2 :D

Had a semi funny scare on my last trip that thankfully wasn't me, or it wouldn't be so funny. One of my good friends was out visiting our plant so I took him down to Patts one weekend. We were at what's up and he was dining on every little gal that would dare to sit in front of him. Having a great time. His face constantly covered with suds and other juices. The next day one of his eyes was bothering him, by mid week is was horrendous. We went to 3 different docs in LoS all prescribing something different saying it was something different. We headed up to China to visit another plant and his eye was tore UP 1 week later and the other was starting to go as well. I tried to get him into the national hospital in China but it wasn't happening so I put him on a plane back to the US. A doc visit and culture revealed he got gonorrhea in his EYES and now only has about 60% visit left in the first eye that went bad, it wreaked havoc on his retina.

"Know your enemy" would be pretty good advice, I guess. Subtype-E which is all over Thailand gives you 1 in 200 odds, which is quite a lot riskier then what you suggest.

Thats the problem though..

we dont know our enemy.We dont even know for sure what it is.

Has the HIV epidemic been hijacked by some people who stand to benefit from it? Yes of course, but the fact it may be exaggerated doesn't take away from the very real RISK that anyone not using a condom can contract it. To the original question am I terrified by it? HELL YES! The meds these days work pretty good but are expensive, have side effects and must be taken for life. Also HIV effects different people in slightly different ways the meds may or may not work as well for you as the next guy. Furthermore if you have it you then have no choice but to cover up even if you meet a girl you'd like to have a relationship with and of course it lowers your odds of finding a companion if that is your wish.

I have had a few HIV scares in my life and they scared me straight. I have had symptoms of HIV after risky sexual encounters that even doctors thought may be HIV, but by the grace of god I have escaped infection and have heeded the warning. That fear and paranoia is the single worse feeling I have known in my life. Also the waiting period to get tested and get the all clear is not just a couple of days it is a couple of months! That's a long time to be in constant anxiety.

I think we are are getting close to a cure with gene altering technology. Check out the work this company Sangamo is doing.

http://www.sangamo.com/index.html

By the way they are a publicly traded company and if they do find the cure their stock is going to go up like a rocket.

I always use a condom. Why take a chance?

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

House of numbers is nothing more than a piece of propaganda from a HIV denialist. Although I like to keep an open mind there is no way in hell I will show less restraint when it comes to safe sex all because of some sensationalist documentary. In fact HIV doesn't really worry me because I know I would never BB a working girl. I am more concerned with Herpes type 2 and chances of getting it from BBBJ. And even during penetrative sex a conny is only around 30% good.

i myself came home and developed a case of pinkeye a few days after getting home,, immediatly went to the docs and got some antibiotics and cleared it up,,, after doing some research i learned that approx 80% of pink eye cases are caused from gonnorrhea!!! also, several of my buddies who have gone to patts have had pink eye at one time or another... wash up my friends!!!

It's odd that none of the antibiotics that he was given in LoS worked. I have never seen and infection like he had. When I finally sent him packing from China the inside of his lids were swollen sticking outside. It was just FOUL. The doc in the US did a culture gave him some different meds and it got better pretty quick. I've had pinkeye several times, and he said he had as well, but this was just WRONG. Won't stop me from dining, although I don't have quite as voracious of an appetite as he does. He spent 3 hours at the little tub in the back of what's up, eating anything and everything that would come to visit lol.

Edited by illuxion

Has the HIV epidemic been hijacked by some people who stand to benefit from it? Yes of course, but the fact it may be exaggerated doesn't take away from the very real RISK that anyone not using a condom can contract it. To the original question am I terrified by it? HELL YES! The meds these days work pretty good but are expensive, have side effects and must be taken for life. Also HIV effects different people in slightly different ways the meds may or may not work as well for you as the next guy. Furthermore if you have it you then have no choice but to cover up even if you meet a girl you'd like to have a relationship with and of course it lowers your odds of finding a companion if that is your wish.

I have had a few HIV scares in my life and they scared me straight. I have had symptoms of HIV after risky sexual encounters that even doctors thought may be HIV, but by the grace of god I have escaped infection and have heeded the warning. That fear and paranoia is the single worse feeling I have known in my life. Also the waiting period to get tested and get the all clear is not just a couple of days it is a couple of months! That's a long time to be in constant anxiety.

I think we are are getting close to a cure with gene altering technology. Check out the work this company Sangamo is doing.

http://www.sangamo.com/index.html

By the way they are a publicly traded company and if they do find the cure their stock is going to go up like a rocket.

Mate you obviously have not watched the film.There is no proof the meds work at all.People not on the meds live as long or longer than ones on them.

The test for HIV is also inconclusive and gives huge amounts of false positives.Who makes the testing kits? the same people that make the meds.

We are all far to quick to believe the hype.The CDC were quoted beyond doubt as saying back in the 80,s that if a new disease doesn't come soon we will all be out of business. Low and behold a year later We have AIDS. How did it just appear and how do we know if we have it for sure.We don't, that's the point of the documentary.A cure will still make far less money than ongoing meds so a publicly traded company or not is irrelevant.

House of numbers is nothing more than a piece of propaganda from a HIV denialist. Although I like to keep an open mind there is no way in hell I will show less restraint when it comes to safe sex all because of some sensationalist documentary. In fact HIV doesn't really worry me because I know I would never BB a working girl. I am more concerned with Herpes type 2 and chances of getting it from BBBJ. And even during penetrative sex a conny is only around 30% good.

Your missing the point.I am not saying be less careful.I am saying be open minded about the whole thing.

As for it being a piece of propaganda well its strange how anything people perceive to be untrue becomes propaganda.Like I said just because you don't believe it does not make it a lie.The sensationalism is from the ones that blew it up out of proportion not the other way around.

okdilligaf why is it nearly everyone who gets HIV has very similar acute retroviral symptoms at the onset of the disease? Why is it that those who do not take medicine have the same symptoms such as Karposi sarcomi, dementia, diarrhea, weight loss, fatigue, lack of appetite and finally premature death when HIV becomes AIDS?

In 1st world countries most do not progress to this but in Africa and other nations without access to meds you see thousands of people in this state. Are they all psychosomatic, coincidence?

What is there to possibly gain by denying HIV is real? If you accept it might be real all you lose is the pleasure of bare backing. And you can catch other nasties barebacking besides HIV. If it is real there is no turning it off. There are people who deny nearly every major event in world history, evolution etc... It's not like believing in HIV is like beliving in some ponzi scam that will make you go bankrupt. There is no real harm in believing in it if it isn't real but there is a potential life ending harm if you deny it and it is real.

Up to you.

Edited by ginseng

The film may be produced by a conspiracy nut but that does not make its content any less true.The facts remain that it is a disease prominent more in poor countries where the alleged symptoms coincidentally can be the same as malnourishment and unsanitary living conditions.It is also a fact that the medication has been proved in many cases to be worse than the disease if in fact the person even had the disease in the first place.

Nearly every medical professional denounced the video as a crock of shit (or words to that effect). South Africa bought into the same idea and many people died as a direct result due to lack of treatment. The reason why it is more prevalent in poor countries is due to lack of education and medical facilities.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

There is no proof the meds work at all.People not on the meds live as long or longer than ones on them.

The test for HIV is also inconclusive and gives huge amounts of false positives.Who makes the testing kits? the same people that make the meds.

Those are three assertions that go against what I have ever read on HIV/AIDS. Do you have any references? (other than the propaganda video that you have already posted a link to)

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

okdilligaf why is it nearly everyone who gets HIV has very similar acute retroviral symptoms at the onset of the disease? Why is it that those who do not take medicine have the same symptoms such as Karposi sarcomi, dementia, diarrhea, weight loss, fatigue, lack of appetite and finally premature death when HIV becomes AIDS?

All those symptoms are caused by the medication the ones that don't take it for example the poor in Africa get similar symptoms which as I already said are caused by severe malnourishment and no access to other meds.

You answered the question yourself when you asked what is the benefit of denying aids exists. Well if there was no benefit then why bother with the documentary? They had nothing to gain by making it. Which makes me more inclined to believe some of it's content.

I also never said Aids didn't exist I believe it is out there but not to the extent we are made to believe.

Nearly every medical professional denounced the video as a crock of shit (or words to that effect). South Africa bought into the same idea and many people died as a direct result due to lack of treatment. The reason why it is more prevalent in poor countries is due to lack of education and medical facilities.

Not true.

Of course they denounced it because they are the ones that make millions from it's existence. Since statistics were revised not to include certain alleged symptoms or symptoms that are also caused by malnutrition like diarrhoea or lung infection. The figures have come way down.As I already said more people die from starvation and filth related illness than aids ever killed yet the USA spend 50 billion on aids research and medicine for africa while they only spend 2 billion on famine relief you do the math.

Those are three assertions that go against what I have ever read on HIV/AIDS. Do you have any references? (other than the propaganda video that you have already posted a link to)

http://www.hivtest.com/are-hiv-tests-reliable.html

http://www.managingdesire.org/hivtaccu.html

Take note that these answers are supplied by the CDC.

I can give you thousands more references.

Not true.

Of course they denounced it because they are the ones that make millions from it's existence. Since statistics were revised not to include certain alleged symptoms or symptoms that are also caused by malnutrition like diarrhoea or lung infection. The figures have come way down.As I already said more people die from starvation and filth related illness than aids ever killed yet the USA spend 50 billion on aids research and medicine for africa while they only spend 2 billion on famine relief you do the math.

So you really believe that most governments and every health professional working in the HIV/AIDS field is in on some sort of conspiracy. A conspiracy to make millions of people sick so they can make money!!!?? What has famine relief got to do with this issue?

I will leave you to it now.