IGNORED

Visa on arrival help definition of 30 days

na-rak86

Hello i am travelling to thailand next month and was worried about the visa on arrival process.

I arrive on: 28/10/2011 at 19.00 - and i leave on : 27/11/2011 at 09.35

Will i qualify for the 30 day visa on arrival? as 30 days is 720 hours. and i am due to stay for 711 hours. Would this be ok i am worried as i have also heard someone say the visa is for 29 nights, and i will be staying 30 nights.

Any advice please?

Hello i am travelling to thailand next month and was worried about the visa on arrival process.

I arrive on: 28/10/2011 at 19.00 - and i leave on : 27/11/2011 at 09.35

Will i qualify for the 30 day visa on arrival? as 30 days is 720 hours. and i am due to stay for 711 hours. Would this be ok i am worried as i have also heard someone say the visa is for 29 nights, and i will be staying 30 nights.

Any advice please?

you will be fine mate, i have done the same amount of days as you as have other board members i have traveled with.

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

leave to remain on arrival is 30 day's if you stay over that you will be fined on departure 500bt per day you overstay

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

First of all being from the UK you do not get a visa on arrival. The 30 days in under a visa waiver scheme and as such you do not have a visa. The first day of the 30 days is the day that you arrive and the last day is when you depart. Hours do not come into it. You will be in Thailand for 31 days.

You will probably be OK but do not give the police any reason to ask to see your passport on the day that you depart. If you are caught on the last day before you approach immigration at the airport you will probably have an unpleasant experience. The other option is to get a 7 day extension before the 30 days is up at a cost of 1900 Baht. It is up to you to pick the safe (and more expensive option) or the cheap option and run the risk. The only other option is to get a tourist visa (allowing 60 days) before you depart.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have not read the 'pinned' topic but I would not be so quick to call the poster of a pinned topic a 'tool'!

Thailand offers a 30-day visa waiver to us Brits. You count the days by counting the days of arrival and departure which in your case gives 4 days in October and 27 days in November i.e. 31 days. I checked my passport and this is how they printed the days of arrival and the date that you should depart by which in your case would be 26/11.

Of course you can pay for an overstay when you leave Thailand by paying 500Baht. However, when you board the flight in the UK, if they check the dates and you do not have a visa then they have the right to not let you depart. It's a worst case scenario and my tip would be to arrive at the airport early for check-in so that if they have that problem then you can book a cheap Air Asia flight out of Thailand on the spot through the net to show that you will be out of Thailand within 30 days.

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

thanks guys, i thought this before booking, but i read the 1st pinned topic, the author wrote 29 nights, i guess he's just some tool, cheers leeds and neo

If the Mods pinned it I doubt if he was " just some tool".

It's not a big deal, but for what it's worth I think he was right - 30 days is 29 nights - it's not worked out in hours.

I presume you're talking about Visa Waiver rather than Visa on Arrival?

leave to remain on arrival is 30 day's if you stay over that you will be fined on departure 500bt per day you overstay

Last time I noticed there was no fine for a one day over-stay but for 2 days it is 1000 Baht, then 500 per additional day.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

A good excuse to visit either Laos or Cambodia ! Go after three weeks and you'll get another 15 days grace .

Edited by gullible

You will get a visa-exempt stamp, which allows you to stay for 30 days in the Kingdom.

A visa-on-arrival is a completely different story.

The day of arrival and the day of departure (usually passing immigration) are one day each.

So, arriving on 28-9 and leaving on 27-10 means 31 days, but that's no problem. Real overstay starts with the 2nd day.

Upon leaving the Kingdom, you may get a stamp in your passport stating that you did 'suffer' from 1 day overstay at no charge.

You will get a visa-exempt stamp, which allows you to stay for 30 days in the Kingdom.

A visa-on-arrival is a completely different story.

The day of arrival and the day of departure (usually passing immigration) are one day each.

So, arriving on 28-9 and leaving on 27-10 means 31 days, but that's no problem. Real overstay starts with the 2nd day.

Upon leaving the Kingdom, you may get a stamp in your passport stating that you did 'suffer' from 1 day overstay at no charge.

It is the day that your flight arrives/departs that is important not when you pass through immigration.

• 4 weeks later...

This is my question too. I'm planning on a total of 36 nights from arrival in bkk to departure. I do plan on exiting for a few days to phillipines and Laos. Do I need a special visa or anything?

No, enter Thailand on a visa-exempt.

Make the trip to where ever you'd like to go, but keep in mind:

- return to Thailand overland: you'll get 15 days visa exempt

- return to Thailand through an international airport: you'll get 30 days visa exempt.

(Visa exempt period depends on nationality)

It is the day that your flight arrives/departs that is important not when you pass through immigration.

As said......"usually"........it totally depends on the officers' discretion.

If the Mods pinned it I doubt if he was " just some tool".

Or...he might be a tool, but that doesn't make him wrong :GoldenSmile1:

Or...he might be a tool, but that doesn't make him wrong :GoldenSmile1:

Many of us are tools, but it wouldn't be fair to assume that we're "just some tool"s as some of us aspire to be complete and proper tools. unsure.gif

• 3 weeks later...

All I want to know is how can I visit LOS for 90 days stay, I just want a warm, affordable winter getaway! no Gogo bars, no Bargirls, just some nice beaches and good food! Thai Embasey here is to far away to make an costly trip to get a visa. OH! yeah, this will be my first visit to LOS.

Edited by john bible

All I want to know is how can I visit LOS for 90 days stay, I just want a warm, affordable winter getaway! no Gogo bars, no Bargirls, just some nice beaches and good food! Thai Embasey here is to far away to make an costly trip to get a visa. OH! yeah, this will be my first visit to LOS.

Send an application for a tourist visa via post or courier (which ever you feel comfortable with) to your nearest consulate. It will be a lot less hassle than arriving with no visa.

All I want to know is how can I visit LOS for 90 days stay,.................... Thai Embasey here is to far away to make an costly trip to get a visa. OH! yeah, this will be my first visit to LOS.

Send an application for a tourist visa via post or courier (which ever you feel comfortable with) to your nearest consulate. It will be a lot less hassle than arriving with no visa.

As Scummy says - do it by post - or get a Travel Agent to do it for you. You don't have to go to the Consulate yourself.

If you come in on Visa Waiver you only get 30 days, which you can only extend by 7 days.

Then you'd have to start ducking and diving.

Land border run - 15 days.

Air border run - 30 days.

Tourist Visa from eg. Phnom Penh - 60 days, but you must have return flight ticket and hotel booking.

I still think you're trolling with the no GoGo tosh mind. :Think1:

All I want just some nice beaches .

The only beach destination you really ought to avoid during your trip is Pattaya with crappy beaches.