IGNORED

Moom Aroi

Shivers

Every TG I've taken there has said the food was great! Maybe they were just being polite but as I think the food there is great I'll certainly be back again.

Agreed, any Thai I have taken there, like myself has enjoyed the food, and compared to some inferior places, prices are very reasonable.

• 2 months later...

Have eaten at Moom Aroi on 3rd Road and enjoyed everything. Today went to their main location un in Naklua which is on the beach and has a nice cool breeze. Setting was great but things went downhill after that. We ordered three things and one comes which was ok but not great. Second was fried rice with moo and it was apparent the moo was warmed in hot water and then put in with the rice just prior to serving. Should have been cooked together but this was not the case. Small and not very good. The third item did not arrive and after about another 30 minutes we asked for check bin and told them the food did not arrive and we would only pay for what was eaten. That was done but the bill still have an incorrect small charge so I deducted and paid the correct amount. Change brought and I did not leave a tip as the food was average at best, service poor and no real interest or concern about customer satisfaction. It should be noted this was around noon time and they had at least 40 staff running around so not a case of short staffing. No plans to ever return again as there are other places which are happy to provide a good experience and have repeat business. Was quite disappointing given their reputation and my expectations.

Common sense is not very common.

I just had a meal for two people at a seafood restaurant in Laem Chabang. Total damage, 240 baht. As good or better than any meal I've had at Mum Aroi, and I've eaten at both branches. At Mum aroi, a similar meal would be more like 600 or 700 baht or more.

Have eaten at Moom Aroi on 3rd Road and enjoyed everything. Today went to their main location un in Naklua which is on the beach and has a nice cool breeze. Setting was great but things went downhill after that. We ordered three things and one comes which was ok but not great. Second was fried rice with moo and it was apparent the moo was warmed in hot water and then put in with the rice just prior to serving. Should have been cooked together but this was not the case. Small and not very good. The third item did not arrive and after about another 30 minutes we asked for check bin and told them the food did not arrive and we would only pay for what was eaten. That was done but the bill still have an incorrect small charge so I deducted and paid the correct amount. Change brought and I did not leave a tip as the food was average at best, service poor and no real interest or concern about customer satisfaction. It should be noted this was around noon time and they had at least 40 staff running around so not a case of short staffing. No plans to ever return again as there are other places which are happy to provide a good experience and have repeat business. Was quite disappointing given their reputation and my expectations.

Happy to say, I have never experienced anything like this, in all the years I have been eating there.

Funny but I can only remember one type of Fried Rice on the menu, and that is Crab.

It is a Seafood restaurant though.

If I want Pork, I will go to a place that does good Pork, not a Seafood Restaurant.

IMHO

Happy to say, I have never experienced anything like this, in all the years I have been eating there.

Funny but I can only remember one type of Fried Rice on the menu, and that is Crab.

It is a Seafood restaurant though.

If I want Pork, I will go to a place that does good Pork, not a Seafood Restaurant.

IMHO

The small crab fried rice was about 400 baht which seemed way over priced compared to everything else. Ordered some other seafood dishes so opted for pork fried rice. Food received was nothing special and no better than Kiss Food although a lot more expensive. Went there on purpose and was really disappointed in the experience. High volume group tour level of food and service.

Common sense is not very common.

The small crab fried rice was about 400 baht which seemed way over priced compared to everything else. Ordered some other seafood dishes so opted for pork fried rice. Food received was nothing special and no better than Kiss Food although a lot more expensive. Went there on purpose and was really disappointed in the experience. High volume group tour level of food and service.

Well things must have changed dramatically then, but I will find out tomorrow.

Crab Fried Rice that was 100 baht for a small plate is now 400 baht ?

Wow !

I have never seen a Tour Group in Moom Aroy.

No better than Kiss ?

Wow !

Visited the restaurant in Naklua back in early January, very busy, poor service, food average felt like dining in a school canteen near the sea, first & last time for me

• 5 months later...

Not my experience at all. I ate there in November. While crowded, was able to be seated without a reservation for 2 people on the water. Food was superior to any other seafood I had while on my 2 week trip. Only complaint was the Mosquitos.

Wallbanger

Only complaint was the Mosquitos.

Were they not cooked properly? :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I would say the food there is not very good to average.

Your TG will probably say the same.

The BKK girls that come down are hot too!

Every TG I've taken there has said the food was great! Maybe they were just being polite but as I think the food there is great I'll certainly be back again.

If the food wasn't good then why would the place be full of Thais, even without a farang in sight to pay the bill?

Archived