IGNORED

What did she really meant ?

Hattis

Had this BG, who kept saying "falang pood lao or lau". I understand that sentence to be "falang speak Lao", i know some thai, but not Lao. Could it be she meant something else, but did not wan't say it to me. Or do i "sound" like one from Lao, when speaking my broken thai - if that's possible ?

Maybe Falang gud larf

And in Tinglish you good fun ?

My thoughts :-)

Maybe Falang gud larf

And in Tinglish you good fun ?

My thoughts :-)

555, good thinking, but i'm sure she said that in thai, not in Tinglish :WinkGrin1:

You have probably learnt some of your Thai from BG and as many BG come from Isaan, I guess that you have picked up a few words of Isaan dialect.

It's amazing the way that the girls will exclaim about Farang speaking Lao when he uses an Isaan phrase such as "Baw bpen yung (dawk)instead of the Thai "Mai bpen arai"

It's really just another way to make the farang feel good about himself so that she can worm her way into your wallet that much easier.

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

You have probably learnt some of your Thai from BG and as many BG come from Isaan, I guess that you have picked up a few words of Isaan dialect.

It's amazing the way that the girls will exclaim about Farang speaking Lao when he uses an Isaan phrase such as "Baw bpen yung (dawk)instead of the Thai "Mai bpen arai"

It's really just another way to make the farang feel good about himself so that she can worm her way into your wallet that much easier.

Thanks for reply, most of my thai is picked from my ex-TGF, who was born and raised at Sattahip. I know difference between Isaan and Thai and i know maybe 10 words in Isan and about 10 words in Lao and maybe 100+ words in Thai. But maybe it was just her opinion, if there is no other possible meaning for word "Lao"

Isaan people will not tell you that they speak Isaan, they will tell you that they speak Lao.

When they tell you that you are speaking Lao, it is the same as saying that you speak Isaan.

Isaan dialect is more or less the same as the Lao language due to Isaan previously being part of Laos.

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

Oh and funny thing was that this BG refused to speak Isan, so if someone spoke her Isan, she replied in Thai. lol

Isaan people will not tell you that they speak Isaan, they will tell you that they speak Lao.

When they tell you that you are speaking Lao, it is the same as saying that you speak Isaan.

Isaan dialect is more or less the same as the Lao language due to Isaan previously being part of Laos.

I thought they would more different, always thought that they unstand something, but not all. (meaning Lao vs. Isan).

Everyday you'll learn something new :001_Thank_You5: