IGNORED

Never again lol

hudsonhicks

Got back from LoS yesterday, had fantastic time but had to stopover 11 hours in dubai, i wasn't eligible for free hotel or anything from eligible.. needless to say.... NEVER AGAIn haha

from now on i'm flying DIRECT from london heathrow

i can easily book a cheap fast train from where i live to london euston, how easy is it to get to heathrow from euston?

Euston to LHR easy peasy, Under ground, takes you straight into terminal 3.

I've had long ass layovers when I've booked cheap last minute flights. After the experience I agree it was torturous and not worth the savings. I'd rather pay more or better schedule my trip than sit half the day in an airport.

im paying more next time!! 100% sure!!! haha

i booked the marahsan lounge in dubai for 4 hours, was ok, free food and internet but still was tired and couldn't sleep. that airport does my head in at peak times, full of people running around!! more than most airports.

From where I live in belgium at the moment, I'm not able to take any straight flights to BKK unless i'm willing to do a three hour train ride to the netherlands. So I try to book my tickets so that my stopovers are minimized to 3 to max 4 hours. An eleven hour stopover, can only imagine how horrible this is without a comfy bed to sleep in.

From where I live in belgium at the moment, I'm not able to take any straight flights to BKK unless i'm willing to do a three hour train ride to the netherlands. So I try to book my tickets so that my stopovers are minimized to 3 to max 4 hours. An eleven hour stopover, can only imagine how horrible this is without a comfy bed to sleep in.

Same situation i'm in. 3 hour train ride to london aint so bad though, if i know i'm going to be having a straight flight... it takes me more than an hour on the train to Manchester anyway

Euston to LHR easy peasy, Under ground, takes you straight into terminal 3.

Yes, that's the way I have done it in the past, just factor in that it takes a while and it can be very busy during rush hour (I had to stand the whole way once)

Get taxi, or tube to Paddington station Heathrow express every 15mins direct to the terminals journey about 15mins. Traveled once on the tube London to Heathrow horrible journey.

For the tube et the northen line to leicester square and change onto the Picadilly line this will take you all the way to heathrow. It goes to T4 first then onto T123, a single will cost you £5. you could also goto Euston square and get tube to paddington £4 then get heathrow express £16.50. The tube will take about 90 mins where as the express will take about 60 mins door to door, both viable options dependent on time of day and day of travel. If you want or need other info let me know.

Be Well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

Heathrow express is 15 mins to heathrow 21 mins to terminal 5 check their web site

Looking at the cheaper flight options UK / Bkk. There are some horrendouse stopovers time wise. Ranging from 17 hrs - 33 hrs.

I would assume you would get a hotel thrown in with that ! I have had it a few times. Not to bad if you get it into your mindset its all part of the holiday. But no way would i spend more than 5 hours in an airport.

Alas, for me, direct flights seem to be getting too pricey. I'm travelling in November this year with Kingfisher, and the stopover is 2hrs 10mins going out, and 1hrs 10mins coming back (details below.) My Indian workmate tells me that Kingfisher are good, and this is the company responsible for Kingfisher lager, and who own the Force India F1 Team.

My heart goes out to you for having to endure an 11hour stopover in Dubai. I cannot stand Dubai airport for much longer than 2 hours, everything is a rip off, and it is sooo boring.

LHR (London Heathrow) to BOM (Mumbai)

Airline: Kingfisher Airlines

Flight No: 8

Departure Time: 02-Nov-2011 20:25:00

Arrival Time: 03-Nov-2011 11:00:00

BOM (Mumbai) to BKK (Bangkok)

Flight No: 23

Departure Time: 03-Nov-2011 13:10:00

Arrival Time: 03-Nov-2011 18:55:00

BKK (Bangkok) to BOM (Mumbai)

Flight No: 24

Departure Time: 16-Nov-2011 08:45:00

Arrival Time: 16-Nov-2011 11:55:00

BOM (Mumbai) to LHR (London Heathrow)

Flight No: 7

Departure Time: 16-Nov-2011 13:05:00

Arrival Time: 16-Nov-2011 17:55:00

"Come, gentlemen, we sit too long on trifles" - Pericles

"Keep things as simple as they can be but no simpler" - Einstein

I fly direct with Eva.

I get the train to Kings cross then the picadilly line to heathrow using the tube.

It works out alot cheaper than using the heathrow express and isn't much slower.

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

I agree, 11 hours stopover is a awful wait.... I once flew to Zurich, Switzerland from Dublin at 12.30pm approx arrived at 2.30pm and had to wait for Zurich to Bkk flight at 10.30 pm , 8 hours too long, from that on, I keep an eye on the timetable before i book online, two hours max stopover is sufficient for me...

I can stand up to 4 hours stopover after which my patience is severely tested. I like short 2 hour stopovers, they're actually good to walk a bit, do some shopping, stretch your legs.

If i have a long stopover in Dubai i go for a bite to eat then head down to that Irish Village bar and have a few beers, always meet someone in the same boat. The time soon goes in. Bloody expensive beer though in there - approx £10 a pint.

Stevie