Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jomtien Beach ok to stay?

volt

Hi there everyeone in P-A Land

Was just wondering if anyone has stayed around the Jomtien Beach area, and if so - if they could tell me whether it would be a good place to stay.

Am ideally looking for a place thats outside the craziness of Pattaya, but close enough that if the group decides to venture in - it wouldn't be too much of a mission.

Am looking at spending a few days relaxing by the beach (previously always went to Samui - but i want a change this time), riding Scooters and if the urge comes (aka - get bored), know were not to far from some entertainment..

Cheers for your help.

Best part about Jomtien, is that it has a smaller not so crazy nite life. So, yes it would work for a party place. It is a bit more family friendly, so you will see a lot more familys....

Hotels in Jomtien

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

I own a condo in Jomtien Beach Condos, and love Jomtien. It is quiet, a 15 minute baht bus ride to Walking Street, has many bars in the area if you don't want to venture too far and just a nice all around area.

Jomtien beach is your place mate that`s why i love staying here, 10 mins away from Pattaya, beach here cleaner than Pattaya, No mafia, nice restaurants and easy to chill out if you want an evening off.

I hope so, since I will be staying there next trip. I also did stay there a couple of nights last winter but about 2,5km down the road.

The beach itself is a bit better than Pattayas, but the water was still quite dirty when I was there. I went for one swim and decided I would not do that again.... But it was a nice place to relax in the beach-chairs in the hottest time of day and buy food from passing vendors etc. Riding Scooters... Not for me, I am too scared about the jetski scammers and will never rent one.

As for a place to live I would not chose one far down the road again, somewhere up near Thapraya road or at most down to Soi 7 or so. Next time I have chosen View Talay 2, great pool, next to Thapraya with the bathbus routes directly to Pattaya for 10 baht. I think if you stay further down Jomtien you should pay 20 baht. There is also a new beerbar complex not far away that I guess is a bit quieter than the sois in Pattaya, but that is to be explored later :)

Also, I had to pay 100 baht for a mc-ride from walkingstreet to where I stayed last time, I guess that I would get away with 50 or so next trip, this is something that could really add up in the long run.

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

View Talay 2 is a good place to stay and walking distance to most of what Jomtien has to offer. There are some nice older bars along the main street leading to the beach (Country Club is my fave) and the new complex you mentioned is rapidly expanding.

Have a great time. Here are a few pics if anyone is interested. I love the place.

Thailand026.jpg

Thailand006.jpg

Thailand007.jpg

Thailand012.jpg

Thailand017.jpg

Thailand020.jpg

Thailand022.jpg

In the daytime it is the same as Pattaya but on a much smaller and less hectic scale. There are bars open and girls to be enjoyed but I think a lot of people get to the beach or just chill out.

View Talay 2 is a good place to stay and walking distance to most of what Jomtien has to offer. There are some nice older bars along the main street leading to the beach (Country Club is my fave) and the new complex you mentioned is rapidly expanding.

Have a great time. Here are a few pics if anyone is interested. I love the place.

Thanks for putting up the photo's mate, I haven't seen many shots of Jomtien posted around the forum.

If all goes well, I'm bringing a couple of "lads" over next May, we're aiming to book a villa for a couple of weeks. It'll be their first time in Thailand and I figure Jomtien would be a nice introduction to things before I drag them into Pattaya and dump them into the Pook Barbiggrin.gif.

Cheers

Perthie

Edited by Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Nooo Perthie, you are doing it the wrong way.

If they are new the first thing you should do is to drag them into Pooks where they can go on and on about how pretty the thaigirls are before you tell them the truth :)

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

No worries Perthie. I reckon if your mates are older boys, Jomtien is a good place to stay. Certainly only a short ride to all the action but it is a good intro to the sensory overload of Pattaya.

Hi there everyeone in P-A Land

Was just wondering if anyone has stayed around the Jomtien Beach area, and if so - if they could tell me whether it would be a good place to stay.

Am ideally looking for a place thats outside the craziness of Pattaya, but close enough that if the group decides to venture in - it wouldn't be too much of a mission.

Am looking at spending a few days relaxing by the beach (previously always went to Samui - but i want a change this time), riding scooters and if the urge comes (aka - get bored), know were not to far from some entertainment..

Cheers for your help.

Yeah Jomtien is perfect spot to be out of the action but in it within 5-10 minutes by baht bus. Jomtien still has plenty of beer bars to snag girls from, btw. There's a new bar area next to the Jomtien market that is really growing.

Thanks heaps for all the replies.

Ended booking a place in Pattaya, as I thought it might just be easier (and the fact it took ages for this thread to take off).. But will def consider Jomtein beach for my next trip (yep, not even had this trip yet, and I'm already thinking of my next one-lol)

Thanks heaps for all the replies.

Ended booking a place in Pattaya, as I thought it might just be easier (and the fact it took ages for this thread to take off).. But will def consider Jomtein beach for my next trip (yep, not even had this trip yet, and I'm already thinking of my next one-lol)

Staying in Jomtien is fin, but if only short holiday it is better to stay in central pattaya. I have myself stay in VT2 and it was fin.

• 2 weeks later...

im going to stay in jomtien soi 1 at eurostar international hotel, any body have some experience from this place

Next trip december 5-January 20 Almoust 7 weeks

Hey V-man did not notice this thread up to now. Jomtien is a fine place to stay for just the reasons you suggested. We stay at Nirvana Boutique Suites on Soi 4 and have done for about 20 or so trips. When I am solo I do prefer to stay in Pattaya around Soi 10-13. But for a nice morning, take a baht bus from corner Pattaya Tai and Second Road, in front of the school for 10 baht, or a motcy taxi from your hotel for a negotiable 60baht, have breakfast in the nice cane chairs at Eurostar, then chill out on the beach in a deckchair for a leisurely few hours. Before you head back, go for an oily plus HJ/BJ at one of the shops in Jomtien Soi 6. (Yellow or Green House, or Smile massage, 300 plus up to 500B tip up to you) Then do lunch, head back to Pattaya for 3 hours crash time, then get back out amongst it.

A guaranteed good plan which I have thoroughly road-tested for durability.

Cheers, LRanger