Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Why do Thai's fight unfairly ?

Mr Wiggy

10 on 1

10 Thai's beat up English man on Walking Street with bottles and sticks

I think that the guy got all he deserves, after reading the news article thoroughly. Any living in Thailand, should know by now, that if you chose to enter a fight with Thais, you will generally lose. If I was to give everyone a slap who touched shoulders with me in Walking Street, I would be in the monkey house now. Thats what happens in a street where people are constantly distracted by all sorts of things and generally fueled with drink.

The Thai in question had his child with him, and the child was in possible danger. I think the other Thais came in to assist their fellow neighbors and no doubt if this had happened in UK, I bet a few English heros would have jumped into against the Thai.

Its their country and anyone who is drunk enough, stupid enough to attack a Thai man, gets what he deserves. Its not just the Thais either. I witness a fight a couple of years ago when I 6 English guys jump on a black American and beat the shit out him, is that fair??

I feel ashamed to be British in this country sometimes, when I see such arrogance. Whether some like it or not, we are still visitors to their country and should not go around slapping someone everytime they accidentally bump into you or look at you the wrong way.

If you start a fight (which the Englishman did) then dont expect to walk away afterwards with no retaliation. One could equally call him the coward for hitting a guy whos got his kid with him.

G

Edited by Grazel

10 on 1

10 Thai's beat up English man on walking Street with bottles and sticks

Replying to Why do Thai's fight unfairly ?

Mai pen lai!

Most of us know that this will likely be the outcome of starting a fight with a Thai and, if you don't know this, you shouldn't be walking a round LOS pissed up on cheap booze thinking it's just another country for the beered up Brits to act like they are at an away match in England, drinking & fighting....

I think that the guy got all he deserves, after reading the news article thoroughly. Any living in Thailand, should know by now, that if you chose to enter a fight with Thais, you will generally lose. If I was to give everyone a slap who touched shoulders with me in Walking street, I would be in the monkey house now. Thats what happens in a street where people are constantly distracted by all sorts of things and generally fueled with drink.

The Thai in question had his child with him, and the child was in possible danger. I think the other Thais came in to assist their fellow neighbors and no doubt if this had happened in UK, I bet a few English heros would have jumped into against the Thai.

Its their country and anyone who is drunk enough, stupid enough to attack a Thai man, gets what he deserves. Its not just the Thais either. I witness a fight a couple of years ago when I 6 English guys jump on a black American and beat the shit out him, is that fair??

I feel ashamed to be British in this country sometimes, when I see such arrogance. Whether some like it or not, we are still visitors to their country and should not go around slapping someone everytime they accidentally bump into you or look at you the wrong way.

If you start a fight (which the Englishman did) then dont expect to walk away afterwards with no retaliation. One could equally call him the coward for hitting a guy whos got his kid with him.

G

:)

i think it is because they believe the police are so corrupt and the legal system so laboriously slow and corrupt also, they believe in lynch mob mentality and swift retribution.

take matters into their own hands, more often than not with no consequences whatsoever!

so they continue to do it.

Why do farlangs fight with Thais? You always lose. If you were Thai, would you rather get beat up by a farlang or have your Thai buddies beat up the farlang? Reverse the rolls and what would your answer be?

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

I read on this board or another board that this is generally how things go. Friends of a Thai will mob another Thai in order to stand by their friend.

The difference when falangs are involved is that Thais with no connection, other than being Thai, will mob the falang in order to "help" the Thai person. Pretty crappy, but that is how they are brought up... Pound the other into submission or death and if the poundee has no friends to help out then that is just tough luck.

Personally, I think it is on the chicken sh*t side of things with 10 on 1.

Unless any of us have first hand knowledge of the incident we cannot say what happened. Not a slam against the newspapers, but the truth usually lies somewhere around/between what is reported.

Finally, if the English guy actually punched the taxi driver (and I am not saying that he didn't) why didn't the driver press charges or ask for some financial compensation? Isn't that the standard? Assaulted by a falang? Jackpot!!!! :) That 100 baht fine seems to suggest that the police could not tell who was the guilty party and wanted them to hit the road.

Cheers,

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

I read on this board or another board that this is generally how things go. Friends of a Thai will mob another Thai in order to stand by their friend.

The difference when falangs are involved is that Thais with no connection, other than being Thai, will mob the falang in order to "help" the Thai person. Pretty crappy, but that is how they are brought up... Pound the other into submission or death and if the poundee has no friends to help out then that is just tough luck.

Personally, I think it is on the chicken sh*t side of things with 10 on 1.

Unless any of us have first hand knowledge of the incident we cannot say what happened. Not a slam against the newspapers, but the truth usually lies somewhere around/between what is reported.

Finally, if the English guy actually punched the taxi driver (and I am not saying that he didn't) why didn't the driver press charges or ask for some financial compensation? Isn't that the standard? Assaulted by a falang? Jackpot!!!! :) That 100 baht fine seems to suggest that the police could not tell who was the guilty party and wanted them to hit the road.

Cheers,

FatherMojo

Good point !! fucking Stinks ?

If you go around punching at people for bumping into you accidentally, you reap whatever retaliation is coming. This is Thailand, live with it.

Fair or not fair, it does really matter in the end. Its their country, we are guests, end of. This smacks of English football supporters complaining about please brutality toward fans visiting other countries. You go getting into fights anywhere and you are dealt with by their rules. Simple.

I think it stinks when drunken Brits go walking about the place as if they are fuckin God. I am glad they kicked fuck out of him and perhaps he will think about it twice next time, the wanker

Of u want to fight "fair", it is done in a controlled arena such as a ring, mat or cage. No such things as rules or "fair" in a streetfight. If u choose to fight in someone else's territory u should think about the possible consequences before giving it large and then getting your ass kicked. I mean punching a guy for accidentally bumping shoulders with u??? for fuck sake...

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Only way to win is to be with a Scotsman who knows his martial arts. That is head butt the guy & kick him while he’s down.