IGNORED

Pattaya addicts top 14 agoda hotels

LaaMok

I picked Areca as its the only one on the list i have stayed in so i cant compare it to any of the others,but for what its worth it is a great hotel i have stayed there 3 times and in the 3 different wings,more recently the evergreen wing no problems what so ever apart from the LAN connection it was just so slow.

Has anybody stayed in August suites recently?,thinking about booking it for Christmas.

Has anybody stayed in August suites recently?,thinking about booking it for Christmas.

I'm staying there next week for a few weeks, as already said there prices have gone up recently..they are still pretty full, so they can afford to, i paid 1700 baht/night poolside(just overpool on 3rd floor) xmas 2009...it would be at 2000 now i reakon..city side rooms are cheaper

they tend to do same price as last time for me as i'd be a regular at this stage :001_Sawasdee:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I'm staying there next week for a few weeks, as already said there prices have gone up recently..they are still pretty full, so they can afford to, i paid 1700 baht/night poolside(just overpool on 3rd floor) xmas 2009...it would be at 2000 now i reakon..city side rooms are cheaper

they tend to do same price as last time for me as i'd be a regular at this stage :001_Sawasdee:

Im looking at the ex suite city view and they have given me 3000b a night,i think its not bad for the size of the rooms,hotel,location etc.

I am so glad they do not mention Nirvana Boutique Suites in Soi 5 Jomtien....

What ever happened to Day/Night hotel? The big sign faded out, then the buffet's never worked. The last I heard was that a Chinese firm bought the land and had plans to make a Mega Resort,why not, it has the most Sq> ft than any other property close to Walking Street. Someone should take some pics before the old place shuts down...It's the first place I got drugged and robbed at. Fond memories indeed.

Seems really expensive! If I were you I would just leave my bags @ some bed and break----------avoid Soi 6. Get a Moto and find a place for 1100--700 baht. Hotwire has your New Holiday Inn Towers @ 2200 a night including breakfast. I know off many condo/hotels that offer monthly rates @ 5000.00-20,000.00 Baht. Even if your staying just 12 days, it's cheaper to pay for a month. If you plan on traveling u can leave your bags in the room (Don't leave an I-pad)---Wherever you go--coming back to Pattaya will warm your heart--after the hippie North & Mafia Taxi Phukett.

Seems really expensive! If I were you I would just leave my bags @ some bed and break----------avoid soi 6. Get a Moto and find a place for 1100--700 baht. Hotwire has your New Holiday Inn Towers @ 2200 a night including breakfast. I know off many condo/hotels that offer monthly rates @ 5000.00-20,000.00 Baht. Even if your staying just 12 days, it's cheaper to pay for a month. If you plan on traveling u can leave your bags in the room (Don't leave an I-pad)---Wherever you go--coming back to Pattaya will warm your heart--after the hippie North & Mafia Taxi Phukett.

I'm paying 1400 now, ive stayed in 500baht rooms..hard to go back when you enjoy the comforts

i'm willing to pay the extra 1000 for the comforts :Surrender1:

at the moment...

if i stay for 2-3months ill spend 15,000 or so on a condo :Evil_Grin2:

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I picked Areca as its the only one on the list i have stayed in so i cant compare it to any of the others,but for what its worth it is a great hotel i have stayed there 3 times and in the 3 different wings,more recently the evergreen wing no problems what so ever apart from the LAN connection it was just so slow.

I was at August Suite last week,end of August 2011

pros: fairly new and clean hotel

friendly staff

guest friendly

cons:

pool water tasted like soap and very slippery around the pool which seems to be lack of cleaning

rooms are not very big

breakfast is limited to: eggs or omelet, toast with jam or butter, coffee or oj, my booking was with breakfast included for 2 but I was only given coupon for 1, so make sure you get coupons for 2, I paid around 50 to 100 baht for my guest which is not much, but paying again for something that you already paid is not very smart.

laundry took 3 days to deliver 2 pairs of pants and 2 shirts.

one dark skin guy at the reception can really bs the guest, first I saw him arguing with one guest about a room rate, then he bs me about my laundry when I asked him by the end of the 2nd day, why it was taken so long?, his response was " they are pressing them right now and they'll bring it to your room as soon as they're finish" needless to say I got my clothes back the 3rd day.

so in IMHO I won't recommend this hotel

so far best beach villa in soi 5 and markland hotel in soi 1,have been really fastastic,

best beach villa is new and big rooms, their laundry service is fast, breakfast buffet

Markland hotel, has big rooms is not new but has some spectacular views from the restaurant and if you are lucky you'll get a room in the top floors, breakfast is also buffet although their hours are early 7-10am

both of this hotel have friendly staff and are guest friendly

Edited by XOL123

:Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1:

The Place's that are posted here are just among thousands that are available---I wouldn't pay a dime at any. There are MILLIONS of great and clean places for almost nothing, all shops offer clean and affordable accommodations. You know what you want! My advice is to book on-line for high end hotels, 2 days max. Then look around---if you get over that hangover. Plenty of rooms that offer great accommodation can be had for cheap-------unless its December-January 3. Never had a problem, and I like to be pampered. Always book for a month. 20,000 a month with 2 balcony's. maid service daily, Pool. quiet, and walking distance to everything!-----South Pattaya. (Hello hookers and Walking Street). It's always (mostly) cheaper to book ahead in Thailand if you plan on visiting Islands. Getting the best rooms a head of time will be worth 20.00 bucks extra on busy Thai Holiday's---(seem's they happen every weekend). After a long travel with kids and a witch for a wife can save sanity----exit bar next door!---and they need a nap!

It would be great to see other Pattaya Addicts ideas beyond these overpriced hotels. For many e secret-hideaways---keep the price down "just between us" locales.

Everymonth----Pattaya Addicts should promote these great places--not with talk---but with personal pictures!

The Economy sucks. Help the local hotels. Talk and show what you learn!

The Place's that are posted here are just among thousands that are available---I wouldn't pay a dime at any. There are MILLIONS of great and clean places for almost nothing, all shops offer clean and affordable accommodations. You know what you want! My advice is to book on-line for high end hotels, 2 days max. Then look around---if you get over that hangover. Plenty of rooms that offer great accommodation can be had for cheap-------unless its December-January 3. Never had a problem, and I like to be pampered. Always book for a month. 20,000 a month with 2 balcony's. maid service daily, Pool. quiet, and walking distance to everything!-----South Pattaya. (Hello hookers and Walking Street). It's always (mostly) cheaper to book ahead in Thailand if you plan on visiting Islands. Getting the best rooms a head of time will be worth 20.00 bucks extra on busy Thai Holiday's---(seem's they happen every weekend). After a long travel with kids and a witch for a wife can save sanity----exit bar next door!---and they need a nap!

It would be great to see other Pattaya Addicts ideas beyond these overpriced Hotels. For many e secret-hideaways---keep the price down "just between us" locales.

Everymonth----Pattaya Addicts should promote these great places--not with talk---but with personal pictures!

The Economy sucks. Help the local Hotels. Talk and show what you learn!

So where are these places and where are the photos - please educate us

i would like to see more websights of hotels, many newcomer get ripped off by web sights like hotel.com------and Hotwire. Most comfy places don't have postings on these these pID sights. Be fun to share the best and brightest high end condo/hotels along with the slop hotels in travel books.

I have never seen Pattaya so slow---I mean business wise. A casualty of the economy. If you like a place you stay let others know!---If it sucks let us know. Weed out the worst N feed the best!

i would like to see more websights of hotels, many newcomer get ripped off by web sights like Hotel.com------and Hotwire. Most comfy places don't have postings on these these pID sights. Be fun to share the best and brightest high end condo/hotels along with the slop hotels in travel books.

I have never seen Pattaya so slow---I mean business wise. A casualty of the economy. If you like a place you stay let others know!---If it sucks let us know. Weed out the worst N feed the best!

Where are the best "places" beyond the dark place?

I think your dreaming, there are places that are done up nice and are guesthouses. But I don't think you will get that quality with hotels! April suites on the list is meant to be new and cheap!

Being a PROUD CHEAP CHARLIE I would never stay anywhere that charges the silly prices that the Agoda Site hotels charge.

Plus I have an aversion to parasitic sites like Agoda that actually drive up hotel prices with the commission they charge the advertizer.

Farang on Holiday - "Erotic" is when you use a feather - "kinky" involves the whole chicken.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional - anon

Being a PROUD CHEAP CHARLIE I would never stay anywhere that charges the silly prices that the Agoda Site Hotels charge.

Plus I have an aversion to parasitic sites like Agoda that actually drive up Hotel prices with the commission they charge the advertizer.

Agoda is convenient to people that want to book there hotel in advance and not have to worry and mess around! Its nice to have hotel, flight, motorbike rental sorted out before you arrive and then you can enjoy the holiday.

If people want to spend time looking around to save money, its up to them. Most of the people on this site seem to have regular hotels and they book direct or just turn up.

Agoda is convenient to people that want to book there hotel in advance and not have to worry and mess around! Its nice to have hotel, flight, motorbike rental sorted out before you arrive and then you can enjoy the holiday.

If people want to spend time looking around to save money, its up to them. Most of the people on this site seem to have regular hotels and they book direct or just turn up.

I always book with the hotel directly,i find it a lot easier than using sites like Agoda.

I always book with the hotel directly,i find it a lot easier than using sites like agoda.

From personal experience some are cheaper through Agoda or such sites and others are not - its not an exact science

From personal experience some are cheaper through Agoda or such sites and others are not - its not an exact science

True but you can always negotiate a price with the hotel directly.

I have stayed twice at Sabai Lodge in Soi 2. I stayed in the Large Pool Building A, ground floor, because it was spacious, and had a bathtub, which I prefer. (The ladies liked it too.) Each room at that end has a private covered terrace, a view of the garden, and a large pool beyond. There are other pools in the complex, I believe.

It's an easy walk down to the Beach Road (corner with the A-One Hotel), and is easily accessed from the baht buses along Second Road. You get off at Sabai Dee massage Palace, (which is well worth a visit), and stroll down the hill. You pass several open-air bars on the left, some with live music, and on the right You'll see Lek's Classroom 2 Agogo, with good old pop music and some beautiful "schoolgirls". Give my love to Tay, if you see her! Next Door is the Honey Pot Coyote Bar with a very good live band, where the girls dance on the windowsills to attract the passing punters. Joy is raunchy, and will make you feel so-o-o Joyful !

Pattaya is slow because gogo bars have upped the 'all in' asking price above or level with the soapy places (1800 bt is the magic number), thus loosing out to coconut bar, Soi 6 and Beer Bars and then Discos. Come December they may get another wakeup call. My limit for accom is 30 dollars all up. Amazing what deals you can strike when you set firm limits and walk. They often chase after the bluff has been called.

Use Agoda, and if a Keeniu (cheap charlie) , then book direct and cut out Agoda.

Hotels: That new area towards Bali Hai towards Arab land (peak, 30 night max)- it is 100% not in the thick of the action but $50 night WS + drinks + airfare will turn away business. From the 20th Dec I am leaving Pattaya bound elsewhere because I refuse the ATM treatment and 1000bt plus bar fines for ST only. In July I stayed at LK Metro region, and will avoid WS until they get real. WS was really thinned out, but prices were out of whack with demand.

IMHO. Phuket is exploding, but with so many new bars, the limited business is shared out thinner, so they are having a lean time of it too. With 0% job growth, people are staying fewer days and more selective.