IGNORED

Where is the best place to buy Lobster?

Amante

I love Lobster. However, I dont know exactly where to buy it in the Pattaya area. All of the markets I have been to dont have lobster. Can someone tell me exactly where I need to go and what time I need to get there??? If you have any idea of the price I would appreciate it as well. Thanks guys. Amante.

Sorry, don't know much but there is a seafood store/restaurant on Walking Street that I saw them being sold at. It has been a while but I think its about halfway down Walking Street, you can't really miss it as you will see a bunch of seafood for sale.

The only place I have seen raw fish being sold as well as lobster is - come out of tukcom main entrance and turn left heading to beach road. Not sure on walking distance but you will come across an indoor market on the left selling veg on the outside but inside is all fish. Think this is the place from memory http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?urtRUUNpkcaE8CAA

Plus if you are after some of the best copy watches available there is a shop at the back with a big sign on the counter saying 'we do not sell copy watches'. They have the best I've seen.

The only place I have seen raw fish being sold as well as lobster is - come out of tukcom main entrance and turn left heading to beach road. Not sure on walking distance but you will come across an indoor market on the left selling veg on the outside but inside is all fish. Think this is the place from memory http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?urtRUUNpkcaE8CAA

Plus if you are after some of the best copy watches available there is a shop at the back with a big sign on the counter saying 'we do not sell copy watches'. They have the best I've seen.

Hey guy. Thanks for the reply. I know exactly where you are talking about and I have never been able to find lobster there unless they have it early in the morning and I dont know anything about it. I will do more checking when I return. I heard about a place on NK but still need to investigate. As far as copies the best watches I have seen are at the Thai-Cambodian border. Smile. Thanks again, Amante.

I had lobster at one of the WS places and it was pretty good (and I'm not the biggest lobster fan, I like crab legs). I can't remember how much it was exactly but it was pretty pricey.

Bali hai pier

Try the rocklobster (they look like a lobster tail with legs) cheaper than normal lobster and very tasty

head to jomtien, keep going on beach road and at the end there is quite a few restarants that have tanks full of lobster. cant remember the price though

The seafood restaurant right at the end of Jomtien Beach road does serve Lobster(rock lobster) but having caught and cooked hundreds over the years I reckon that curried mud crab absolutely kills lobster for finger lickin good flavour...

Thanks my friend for the reply, however I am looking to buy lobster and cook for myself. I need to investigate somewhere on NK early in the morning. That is the only viable lead I have so far.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I took this on as a challenge, my TGF spoke her boss, her boss then talk to customer that own business that sell seafood. :D You might try here:

P. P. Freshfood. (located in North Pattaya)

Mr. Chainarong Arsapaviriya

Mobile 081 - 781 1138

My TGF says get someone to translate when you call him. She say this business is a seafood distributor for the restaurants in Pattaya. Not sure if you can go to his place, but I think so.

As with everything, she tell me negotiate price.

OH By the way, to get this information, I had to promise to buy lobsters and cook for her, her GF, and me when I come in November. Thanks buddy... :rolleyes:

Just kidding.. let me know if you have success.

PS. Are you going to have drawn butter... ymmmmmmm :hello09:

" Remember, no matter where you go, there you are " - Confucius

OK, I took this on as a challenge, my TGF spoke her boss, her boss then talk to customer that own business that sell seafood. :D You might try here:

P. P. Freshfood. (located in North Pattaya)

Mr. Chainarong Arsapaviriya

Mobile 081 - 781 1138

My TGF says get someone to translate when you call him. She say this business is a seafood distributor for the restaurants in Pattaya. Not sure if you can go to his place, but I think so.

As with everything, she tell me negotiate price.

OH By the way, to get this information, I had to promise to buy lobsters and cook for her, her GF, and me when I come in November. Thanks buddy... :rolleyes:

Just kidding.. let me know if you have success.

PS. Are you going to have drawn butter... ymmmmmmm :hello09:

Oh one more thing.. if you have TG coming to join you; don't make mistake I did. I tell TGF that you can hear the lobster scream when you put in boiling water. She almost freak out.. she tell me she Buddhist and will not kill lobster. :Blah3: But if I kill it, then it ok for her to eat it.

Such logic :Brain_Fart: amaze me in amazing Thailand.

" Remember, no matter where you go, there you are " - Confucius

Hey Guy. Thanks for the information. I am going to be there in November. If this place is all that you say it is and I can get what I want then you are all invited over for a lobster fest. Smile. We can let them cook. Smile. I will definitely be checking this place out upon my arrival.

Anyone know how much lobster is supposed to cost when the restaurant cooks it for you in Pattaya? My last trip I ate with teerak at one place on Walking St, where they had that circular fountain inside with lobster in it and seating outside by the water. They wanted 3000 baht for a lobster. That's like $100 USD, lobster in the US doesn't even cost that much. I was sure they were ripping me off so of course I passed. How much do you pay for a large cooked lobster in Thailand?

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, that is kind of the way it is here at the main restaurants. Depending on the weight of the lobster they will charge somewhere around 2000 baht for a decent sized lobster and anywhere between 500 baht and up to cook it. I want to report that I found nice sized lobsters on the pier on Naklua road all the way in the back in a brick building. They have King lobster and rock lobster. I bought lobster their for 1200 per lobster and got a deal of 1000 bath per lobster for buying 4. If someone out their thinks that I could have gotten a better deal than that let me know. Amante

i am well informed that all the lobsters in thailand are imported

thats why the price is so high

never seen any at the fish market in naklua

only rock lobster

will go looking for the brick building now