Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Warning.. Scam in BK Int Airport

killmon

boycott the shops simples.I won't set foot in them.

i will not set foot in any airport store or shop after all i have read about how they treat you and rob you of you rights. this is wrong but we tourist are been set up don't they have CCTV to prove you not a shoplifter how do they get away with this?

The stories of being scamed in king power shops were numerous 2 to 3 years ago best keep well away you never know if it will start again,maybe it has already.

I have always shopped in King Power duty free shops twice a year for the last 8 years after hearing all this scamming thats going on i will be boycotting them from now on.... Don't they realise that only for our support and cash they would not have a job.....

There's a new KIng Power superstore opened up on the Sukumvit road near Pattaya Klang. By all accounts, you buy your DFs there and you collect them at the airport on leaving....yeah right. Although this would put an end to the stealing charge, due to you not actually walking out with the goods and someone else packing them. Its still a good opportunity for them to be delayed or lost or added to.

Edited by St George

JUSTaskJARATSRI

Thai Translation and Thai Interpreter Service.

Phone: 0890915667

FlagHeads2.jpg

Language assistance with Banking, Legal, Medical or Personal.

Bar staff negotiation assistance.

All projects are kept absolutely confidential.

OK..... shopping at the duty free shop in Bangkok Airport. That goes off the list....

So people know they are being scammed. But why fucking confess to the police and pay the bullshit ransom? Why not wait for your embassy to get there and advise you what to do? Thing is the police always intimidate the sorry saps into signing some document in Thai of course you can't read it so that when you go to see the judge you've lost your case already. Why not refuse to sign and see what happens? Can the police refuse the embassy to visit you? Can they do this without CCTV evidence? Would be helpful if anyone ever fell victim to this to give their own account of what happened.

I don't see the value in duty free.

Every time I am in the Sydney part of duty free I see the prices on things and think "I can get this cheaper somewhere else".

Thanks for the warning though. I had not heard about it until now.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

This is actually good info, I always read up on the US State Department web site http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1040.html

to review the travel warnings before I go to see if theres any new things I need to look out for and this is actually in the website warnings. Here it is cut and paste if you dont want to go through it all, but basically you have to make sure they ring everything up and check your reciept and bag to ensure they match up...little fuckers! I hate thai cops!

Shoplifting is strictly prosecuted. Arrests for shoplifting even low-value items can result in large fines and lengthy detention. This includes shoplifting at the airport, especially in duty free stores. If you are accused of shoplifting at the airport, you will be detained and may miss your flight at your own expense. There have been recent news reports that duty-free store employees in league with police at the airport have added unpurchased items to foreigners’ check-out bags or have not charged for all the items purchased; purportedly, police then stop the foreigner as he/she exits the stores and charge the person with shoplifting. We strongly recommend that before leaving the counter, you carefully check all receipts to make certain they list all the items you purchased and also carefully check to ensure that only the items you purchased are in your bag.

Absolutely. The ONLY shop I will go into is the book store .... because it doesn't have the name "King Power" anywhere on or near the shop.

I won't set foot in any of those perfume, chocolate, liquor, etc., rip off joints.

Ok, so I thought I was SO smart. Then my wife points out that the book store where I shop has the name King Power *IN THAI* in small letters under the book store sign.

:(

Another airport scam I read about a year ago was on the front page of a pattaya paper, i think it was the pattaya today. It mentioned a police would approach you while waiting to pick up your luggage and he would somehow know you had more than 1 litter of liquor or over on cigarets, or he would tell you to not to declare them at customs and walk directly through, if you were traveling with others to put everyone's liquor in one bag. Once you were past customs a policeman in the arrival hall would then arrest you. The article went on to say this was an "extortion scam" to get as much money out of you after taking you to the police station.

The article said that the government was going to put a stop to this in the future.

Last time I flew out of Bangkok I arrived at the airport like 1.5 hours before and it took me an hour to clear immigration after by then my airline were paging me and I and a few others were rounded up by the Etihad staff and taken through the fast pass system and we all had to run to the plane so I hardly got to see any of the Duty Free however will definitely watch out next time!

is this scam only in Thailand or other airport across the globe?

How do they think of these scams? Do you think they have meetings on new ideas how to scam Farangs?

But the award for the most money making scam in Thailand goes to the Jet Ski Scam.

Edited by thai4life

WOW,that is an eye opener,i always buy goods in DUTY FREE,i will certainly watch my back in future,thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the warning,,I will never buy goods in the BKK duty free.

Who would of thought buying good in an airport could land you in such a mess!!

I am in and out of there every 4 weeks, work China and return UK.

Never had a problem or seen a problem??

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 weeks later...

Been a customer many times. But no more , it ends now. I cant believe they can get aways with these scams all the time.