IGNORED

Emirates and Dubai Airport

bobrust

Hi,

I'm gonna be flying with Emirates to LOS in October, but have heard negative reviews on how smooth the transit process is thru Dubai airport. Have any board members transitted thru Dubai recently, and did they encounter any problems making that connecting flight?

Came through Dubai in April, no trouble at all. Will be doing the same again end of October. :Good_Post:

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdowns&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/skins/a40.swf&text=I%20Come%20back%20to%20Paradise%20City&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=10&day=5&hour=14&minute=30&second=31&x=11&y=135" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdowns</small></center>

if you have a boarding card yu sould have no probs because they will check you all the way to bkk. on arr go once again thru security. check you flt gate. change 10 pound in money changer have drink in irish pub. board A/C 7 hours touchdown los have a nice FLT

cheers chris :):D

Wriggley Tin 1

i went in may with emirates from dusseldorf to dubai stopover 3 hours than to bkk and no problem good service on the plain.

at dubai lots of things to see at duty free zone.

Cheers for the replies guys. Hopefully it'll be pretty smooth going then. Apart from the Irish pub, is there much else to do timewise I'll be waiting for the BKK flight (about 2 1/2 hours) ? :)

Always found Dubai to be good for transit i always come BHX - DXB - BKK on Emirates with an average stopover of 3 hours. bit of duty free, quick pint, bite to eat, stretch your legs, onto aircraft, perfect, paradise next stop !!!

Edited by christopzz

Been with Emirates from Manchester stopped at Dubai, no problems at all :GoldenSmile1:

Bassgod and M.Mike are my best mates, not in a gay way..or is it?

Flew out of Gatwick in june no problems, all flights on time, fly out next week with emirates again.

They are quick with the ale as well :Cry4:

Bassgod and M.Mike are my best mates, not in a gay way..or is it?

• 2 weeks later...

No problems with Dubai. The duty free shopping is top class.

I was there a few weeks ago. I thought it was really funny to see three arab guys dressed up in traditional dress pissed out of their minds in the Irish bar.

dubai is one of the easiest transfers you could make, not sure of the problems you speak of. If your flying business emirates has a spot on lounge, there is free wifi access in the terminal, so you can surf, finding a place to sit can sometimes be a problem, but should not be a problem if you look around. Duty free is excellent, and pick up some stuff there for sure. Emirates staff will guide you through the process as there customer service is top notch, no worries, enjoy your trip.

jimmy

I said Jim Beam and Coke, not J & B and coke, silly TG............