IGNORED

How much of the ticket price is tax

som nam na

Just booked a return ticket to Dubai for the TGF.

Cost of Ticket = GBP 386 of that GBP 178 is tax and security charges

If the same applies to flights to LOS makes you think just how much money the Government and BAA is making from travellers

Edited by som nam na

My ticket was £461, the tax was £124, I blame Gordon Brown for the hike in taxes

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked a Thai Airways flight to Bangkok and Manila on my frequent flyer miles. Even though the flight is free you still have to pay the taxes. The taxes were 213.90 UK. Mind you I am not complaining as the ticket is for 1st Class travel. A lot of money all the same.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Also there is the Thai departure tax ,another 10 pounds extra ,but then you would have to pay this at Bangkok Airport anyway

Just booked my flight in December into January from North Carolina, USA. Everything is so full that I had to move my dates around and cut my stay short a few days to make it work with the amount of vacation time I wanted to use. On top of that, I could not get a complete flight from my home airport and had to book thru JFK and now have to buy a ticket to get to JFK separate. The tax on the flight from JFK on JAL was about $300 or a little more RT in economy.

I'd love to fly Thai but they are just too expensive for that time of year just out of JFK. Add on the flight up there and you are looking at about $2000 US for economy. So I'll take the longer route and get up a lot like I always do and talk to the fight attendants when they are not too busy!!

• 3 weeks later...

Flights to Australia, tax can be up to 30% of the ticket.

For an infant the ticket was $45.00

The tax was $178.00

That is 80% of the total fare....

• 11 months later...

Taxes are a very cost of air travel for European flights, just booked my return ticket Cairo - Manchester - Cairo for home leave at Christmas. All up cost of economy ticket for a normal scheduled flight is GBP 385.46 of which 60.22% or GBP 232.12 is for taxes. It is a double hit because the flight goes via Amsterdam. So the airline only gets GBP 153.34. Would much rather be travelling East than West........

Edited by som nam na

most of the tax is added by the airline as "fuel surcharge"

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Depends on what airline you are flying, seen some surcharges/taxes range from $100 to $500. This can vary on the same route. I have seen short routes such as JFK-LHR having surcharges of $500 when compared to long range routes of JFK-HKG would be $200.