Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ambitious plans for Pattaya

Edge

Without us Mongers and the Girls, who the hell would go to Pattaya... and why?

For the beach??? :Laugh1:

I think there plan is to have more Asian tourists.

There seems to be lots more Russians and Arab families around the past few years. I don't know why they come, but there seems to be more each year.

Discos, freelancers on the street and a few crappy SThotels, is just what I need.

If they put down P4P in Pattaya, plenty of other countries with the same "facilities"...

But I don't realy beleive this.

Financial and political presure will be put on bars, so they will move towards cheaper places as Buakhao and darkside, and that's all.

Pattaya will not be the old Pattaya anymore, but girls and mongers will still be around.

It was fun, but nothing remains forever.

For those planning to retire here in 10 years - Same Same but maybe Different?

Honestly, I still would want to retire here. There is more to Pattaya/Thailand than just the bars.

Discos, freelancers on the street and a few crappy SThotels, is just what I need.

If they put down P4P in Pattaya, plenty of other countries with the same "facilities"...

But I don't realy beleive this.

Financial and political presure will be put on bars, so they will move towards cheaper places as Buakhao and darkside, and that's all.

Pattaya will not be the old Pattaya anymore, but girls and mongers will still be around.

It was fun, but nothing remains forever.

I agree Pattaya will always have P4P, but it wont be on beach road or 2nd road in the future

I agree 100%. I always said to my wife, "I don't understand how these beer bars are still here ... the land is worth 500% more than what the beer bar is paying for it".

Notice the number of beer bars that are being demolished?

To this day, I can't understand how the "Best Friends" beer bar complex on beach rd is still here. It is one of the larger pieces of beach front property in the area ... with nothing but beer bars paying inconsequential rent.

I think we are going to see "pockets" of bars, in "entertainment zones" ... Walking Street, Buakow, etc. I expect to see fewer and fewer beer bars in prime areas.

My guess is whoever owns that land hasn't yet got around to selling it to investors, or hasn't yet got around to raising capital to build a hotel or department store. But it will come.

Honestly, I still would want to retire here. There is more to Pattaya/Thailand than just the bars.

I absolutely agree, that's why I said "same same, but maybe different" where different could be a whole lot better.

The sleaze pushed back further out of sight, making Pattaya's frontal area a genuine tourist attraction sounds fine to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I disagree with what you guys are saying here, the beer bars won't close down and move further away. Sure some will but their will always be bars on beach rd Walking Street etc. Real estate in pattaya is so overinflated in value it's not funny. The beach is shit, infrastructure is shit. the only thing driving up the price is the greed of the land owners. Look around pattaya and jomtien their are so many empty buildings. The Thai idea of build it and they will come dosent work. The bar scene is what keeps this town in business. If the bars go who the fuck will go to pattaya no one because who want to sit on a shitty beach looking at overpriced shopping centers. The pattaya town hall won't be able to accomplish any of this in the nex 100 years let alone 10. They are incompetent. Look at the traffic light on beach road turned off, any rain the streets flood, corner of tapria and thprasit still not finished, jomtien 2 nd rd not finished, rubbish everywhere. I dont know how anyone can believe this bull shit.

Just my 2c.

"Excuse me sweetheart, my cock just died can i burry it in your ass?"

pattaya seems to be becoming less sleazy, and therefore less fun. I miss the days when simply walking around town would make me feel like i was covered in slime, and deserving of a 10 year prison sentence. I think the greatest disaster of this century would be the loss of Soi 6, i intend to thoroughly utilise its amenities when i arrive in patts in about 2 weeks. Who knows, it might not be around next time i come!

Bangla road in Phuket is still going strong after all these years and Patong was transformed long time ago. It now looks identical to virtually any heavy tourist destination in the world.

They built that beer bar area by the new boxing stadium also but that place is deserted. But goes to show that if bangla closes there are already places for the ladies to go with plenty of space.

Don't imagine waling street ever turning family friendly tough. Unfortunately i'ts less sleazy now days and the shows are tamer. Atleast that was my impression last year.

Anyway i really don't care if beach road goes all family friendly. I prefer to hang above second steet anyhow. As long as the sleezy move upwards instead of away im cool with it.

Sucks with all the "regular" tourists throwing disgusted looks at me though.

Place is crawling with Arabs, Russians, Koreans and the occasional errant westerner.

Well, maybe they will succeed in restricting the P4P scenes in designated areas only, like WS, LK Metro and Soi 6 and clean up the Beach road scene, but I don't expect they will ever be able, or want to for that matter, to completely eliminate it. It's a huge market and it brings Pattaya loads of cash every year. So I am not worried about it quite yet....

I have mentioned this in another Topic, the Thai Govt (NEW) have a 3 Trillion Baht Tourism Plan to make Thailand the Top place to Visit in the future. they also have plans to weaken the Baht too.

• 3 weeks later...