Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VCC / UCC Condotel, south Pattaya

Nausea

Dear Boardmembers,

During my last stay I rented an appartement in South Pattaya.

The buildings name was V.C.C Condotel. Same area as more known Siwalai.

I booked it from a booking agent in my country, but found these appartements on different websites.

I will here give you a fair review of the area and the condotel itself.

----------------------------------

The area:

The area is fairly quiet as it is not located right next to the road.

You have familymart, 7eleven, optitian, markets, massage parlors, hairdressers, laundry, taxiservices, and everything else very close.

You have Tucom at 5 minutes walking distance.

Almost exclusively this area is made for, inhabited by and visited by arabs.

That means the massage parlors have both boys and girls, and you can always find shisha/arab water pipes close by.

The Condotel :

Different standars of the rooms. Some are designed, some are not.

The building is 4 years old, and in very good shape. Very good security.

We forgot the keys in the motorbike, and the security took them to safety for us.

The rooms we stayed in were supposed to be smoke free. However that was definitely not the case.

The ventilation system pumped in smoky air in our bathroom as soon as we turned the bathroom fan off.

The smoky air came from other rooms wich had arabs constantly smoking their waterpipes.

The second night I also learned that my TV bench and my workingdesk was inhabited by small ants. Even found ants in my bed.

The personel came with a cleaning team, and was supposed to exterminate all the ants. (1 days work)

However I was terrorised by ants the whole month. I baught anti-ant spray, and sprayed everywhere, inside desk, behind furniture etc... But they always came back somehow.

(no I did not leave food out) Seams like they came from under the floor tiles, where there were some openings.

The electricity was a mess. They had 2 electric meters. 1 in my room, and one in the hall. None in the other room my friend rented.

They had to access my room to read my meter, and subtract it from the main meter to figure out his electricity.

He payed 3 000baht for 2 weeks. (aircon only used during night, set on 26oC)

I payed around 5500 baht for 1 month. (aircon off some nights, some night on, set on 26oC)

The staff used the room with no electric meter when noone stayed in it. My guess is that they charged extra from guests so they could use electricity for free.

Other then this, the rooms were equipped with DVD player, flatscreen TV, sound system, and had lots of DVD movies.

However there were no cables from the DVD player to the TV, and no cables to the sound system...

Keysystem did work for me, but not for my friend, his card did not work to enter the building.

We told the staff about this, but we stil did not get any replacement card, even though we asked 2 times. (1 week in total he had to use mine)

Pool was great! Nice and clean water. Closed 19.00.

Wireless internet was setup in one room, reaching both.

However it was not working for some days.

Personell was called to look up what was wrong, and technician was called to the room to inspect the matter.

(3 days in total). My thai girlfriend asked the technician what had been the problem. He replied that the modem had been unplugged by the last guest in the other room.

Overall:

Rent 12,500 Baht/month

Deposit 6,000 Baht

Not a good stay, dont recommend it.

But the pictures look lovely!!!

/cheers

2128480327.jpg

2124516664.jpg

8548649917.jpg

8585723158.jpg

8555593545.jpg

8532199272.jpg