IGNORED

German man still in ICU after dispute with Phuket tuk-tuk driver

hyku1147

Damn shame.

There is absolutely no defense for what these spineless worms did, but, when you factor in that he was willing to pay 100 baht, this whole situation essentially blew up over the additional 100 baht. Granted, it was a COMPLETE rip-off, but -- in my opinion -- it's just not worth getting into a physical situation over $3.50 (USD).

Tu-tuk drivers are Pirates, at least the ones in Bangkok are. I'll never ride in one of those overprices death traps again. Obviously the ones in Phuket are no better. 200 baht for a 800 meter ride? Ridiculous.

I would have just paid it though if I had gotten myself in that situation, 100 baht is not worth a beatdown.

Absolutely ridiculous but on the other hand the victim at least should have ask the price before hiring.

Again one sad story. Taxi mans are bad also in my country.They are scum many times and they think can make everything.It is reprehensible behaviour these people.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Yea no surprise there the Patong tuk tuk mafia are a complete bunch of scum bags they charge rip off rates to drunks by night and spend their days aggressively trying to force tourists to take tours by briefly shoving a sign in their face then trying to usher them into the back of the tuk tuk. The last time I went their I took a girl from Pattaya with me as the previous trip I'd found the girls in Phuket were asking silly prices and most had a bad attitude, she was shocked by how much the tuk tuk's were charging though seemed quite interested when she found out what the girls were charging lol.

Yes, the behavior of the Tuk Tuk drivers and the scam pricing were the reasons that I decided to leave Phuket and move to Patts.

I do miss Kata and Kata Noi beaches though.

Edited by hyku1147

I once pre-negotiated a rate of 20 baht for a moto taxi ride.

Upon arrival at my destination the scam-artist jumped the price to 60 baht.

I absolutely abhor all taxi boys in LOS.

Edited by sam3384

Yes even if you negotiate beforehand they still can change and want more when you get there. That could be what happened here as well as we only have the taxi guy's story to go by. The wife says she doesn't remember and was too drunk.

it sucks that they ripped him off

it sucks that he got beaten

but to push the tuk tuk driver onto the street? yea smart move in a foreign country genius!