IGNORED

How to avoid mosquitos?

Sabaiweb

Mosquitos does not bother me too much, but i always get some mosquito bites on my feets at night time.

Got a tip from a friend of mine about using vitamin B to avoid the mosquitos http://www.en.blackmores.co.th/products/multi-b Take 2 tablets everyday and no mosquitos will bite you :)

Have not tried this myself but I will do it on my next trip.

Has anoyone else tried these multi B tablets?

are these a problem in Pattaya? I seem to hv sweet blood as they are always biting me but not really had a problem in Pattaya

Taking B12 sounds good. I think it also doubles up as helping to recover quicker of a hang over.

I think you can get some patches too that are supposed to introduce a bigger shot of B12 into your system.

AH my only true love in pattaya - the mosquito IdHitit1.gif- just loves my white skin

I heared that if you are wearing White clothes they tend to avoid you?

Avoid Pain, Be Free, Have Fun.

I use vitamin B 1, it puts out an oder that keeps them from biting. B vitamin's go through your system pretty quick,

2 about an hour before sundown may be fine, but if they're thick you may want to repeat about every 6 hrs.

Ok here i will let you in on a True secret of the wise that most people dont know about, i learned this from wise locals during adventures in La India.

Mosquitos are attracted to blood with high sugar content, they smell it!, if you stop eating sweets (including fruit sugar) a few weeks before a trip and during i can assure you your body will be less attractive to these bloodsuckers and will prefer to attack other less knowing punters and hookers in your surroundings!

I tried it a few times and It works!

But it requires some discipline of the tongue, its not as easy as it sounds!!!

Edited by thehookerthing

I also got advice on Vit B and I think it works. Hard to say for sure, still get bites sometimes but doesnt seem to be as bad as before

Thai mosquito love falang. Beer bars has protective aerosol. Thai mosquito are more artful than Europe mosquito. You can not heard their sound. They are not buzzing. Bastards !

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I kill the buggers with an electric mosquito tennis racket.

80 bt in the basement of IT City or whatever. Sweep the room and bathroom before lying down.

For some reason, rooms have flyscreens, but the bathroom exhaust is unprotected.

Mosquito's home in carbon dioxide - if you breath, you have blood- no?

I've tried loads of tips and tricks even eating marmite every breakfast for two weeks before my trip.

Some techniques work more than others but nothing is 100% in my experience.

I think they bite everyone but some people don't get a reaction to it. My skin is fair and it does show up but I don't think it's because the mozzies like white skin, look at all the black kids in Africa dying of Malaria, the mozzies have bit them.

I'd rather use a decent repellent than take vitamin B, I accept I am going to get bitten a bit but at least they don't carry Malaria in Los.

Mosquitoes do not like oil. So, I use coconut oil on my legs, arms, and neck. Coconut oil is also very healthy, so I take a tablespoon couple of times a day when in Pattaya.

I used to get ravaged by mosquitos and a tip from a bar girl seemed to work. She said to keep the bathroom door shut whenever you are not in it as they get in via the bathroom. This reduced the number of bites I was getting each year from about 20 down to about 10.

Then I had another "tip" that they come in through gaps around the window and under the door so just before go our for the evening and then again just before go to bed spray a mozzie spray high in DEET around the window edges and at the bottom of the door.

End result 3 or 4 bites a couple of which may have happened at a Beer Bar watching footy.

My diet didn't change nor did the time of year I visited.

Never had any mosquito problems at hotels or condos, only when I go out in the afternoon/night for dinner or go to a beer bar. Then the mosquitos seems to enjoy my legs :o

But only a few days now before my next trip so I will try Blackmores Multi B and see how it goes. I will give a report back here about the result :Cross_Fingers:

i would sugest this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifesystems-Expedition-100-Repellent-100Ml/dp/B0018BQ0MW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1315477159&sr=8-15

this stuff is strong and doesn't smell to humans but becarfull not to get it on plastic it will melt it

31ZzT9Thp-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

very good stuff can only be brought online or in camping shops

Edited by fonglong

I read online that using clear nail varnish on mozzie bites stops them from itching as the air cannot get to them.

I tried it this trip... didn't work, waste of time and 20 baht!

• 2 weeks later...

this stuff is strong and doesn't smell to humans but becarfull not to get it on plastic it will melt it

Um, Don't get it on plastic or it will melt it, but I am supposed to smear it all over my skin?

Not so sure about that one.

Marmite, That's Vegimite to you Bruces

It works..

No don't smear it all over, else no cunt will come near you.

its got Vit B but costs less, and if you put it on your toast with a poached egg on top makes a lovely breakfast.

For Mosquito repellant go into any pharmacy in Pattaya and buy a can of OFF! made by SC johnson A Family company (Bright orange spray can with 15% DEET. I am a firm believer in buying Mosquito repellant in the country you are in. Only apply to exposed areas. Never ever been bitten with this. If you are bitten use a product called Tiger Balm again available in all pharmacies, this takes all the itch out of the bite, but make sure you NEVER scratch them or they will become infected. Hope this is of help? :Good_Luck:

Marmite, That's Vegimite to you Bruces

It works..

No don't smear it all over, else no cunt will come near you.

its got Vit B but costs less, and if you put it on your toast with a poached egg on top makes a lovely breakfast.

I tried that.... Didn't work.

I tried that.... Didn't work.

ahuh. the eggs on toast or as a repellent?

It works for me.

I've tried it a few times. you do need to consume Marmite regularly, I usually try to eat MM for a week or so before travelling.