IGNORED

English Test for UK Visa

lethcorp

Hi Guys

My Thai girlfriend is learning English. We would like to apply

for a 2 year UK visit visa (she has already had 2 6 month UK visit visas.

In order to apply she will have to sit the new English test to and have a certificate

to prove a certain level of understanding of English.

Can any of you help me ascertain how difficult this test is and does anyone have any sample or mock tests?

Thank you so much! :Thanks3:

Same Same mate

I'm not 100% sure but i thought the test was for marriage visa or partners wanting to settle in the UK. Not for holiday visas.

There are lots of examples on YouTube of these tests but only for people wanting to settle in the UK

Check the immigration rules but I'm pretty sure you cant get a VV for longer than 6 months unless there are some special conditions.

Anyway...

This took a lot of searching... As far as I know there is only one place in Bangkok where you can do it now... It's called bulats and the test gets easier or harder depending on correct or incorrect answers. It doesn't take much to achieve A1 but it all depends on her grasp of the English language of course.

They test every week and I think it's about 7,000 baht.

The guy who runs it is called Kevin

http://vantage-siam.com/bulats.php

Hope that helps.

Check the immigration rules but I'm pretty sure you cant get a VV for longer than 6 months unless there are some special conditions.

Anyway...

This took a lot of searching... As far as I know there is only one place in Bangkok where you can do it now... It's called bulats and the test gets easier or harder depending on correct or incorrect answers. It doesn't take much to achieve A1 but it all depends on her grasp of the English language of course.

They test every week and I think it's about 7,000 baht.

The guy who runs it is called Kevin

http://vantage-siam.com/bulats.php

Hope that helps.

Thank you. I think she can take the test somewhere in Pattaya or Jomtiem. I will let u know when I find out.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you. I think she can take the test somewhere in Pattaya or Jomtiem. I will let u know when I find out.

Hey Leth,

How did you get on with the whole Visa thing???

Im in a similar situation.....My Lady has been to the uk and this time we want to try and get a longer Visa....I want to try for the Fiancée visa but just wondered how you go on as it was 6 months ago???

Which Visa did you go for in the end?

Did you do the English test and if so where and how much did it cost?

Also, how much did it all cost?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Blue :001_Thank_You5: