IGNORED

Sea Me Spring Hotel

JD1

I was looking to book into the See Me Spring hotel Soi 10 for 3 weeks at Xmas, that was until I had a look at there website and noticed the ridicules surcharges they have.

300 THB every Friday and Saturday year round

500 THB "service charge" 25th December to to 15th January.

I can only imagine if they are trying this rubbish on there will be more than likely be a joiners fee as well.

Has anybody actually stayed at this hotel? Can you advise if the above extras are indeed charged?

The place looks very good on the website but no way on earth I will cop paying the extras.

Thanks

JD

See 8 page thread just below. All "spring" hotels are guest friendly! As for the surcharge in the peak "sandy spring" does that as well. Fri. / sat increase now that's different!?? Not sure that is applicable if you book on Agoda?

SeaMe Spring

You beat me to it vego1049

I stayed there in May. My comments on the hotel are in that thread.

That being said, if you are willing to spend 1500b -2000B a night on a hotel in pattaya you're going to have a lot of good hotels if not perfect to chose from. The trick is to find one with the amenity's that are important to you and which ones you're willing to sacrafice on

Edited by kash buc

Yeah that 300b surcharge can be eliminated by purchasing a (300b) members card, which gives you 300b off a night for 1 year....It can also be used at Sandy Spring Hotel(soi 13) & Summer Spring Hotel(soi 1).....they're obviously owned by the same person('s).

The 500b is not a service charge its a "Peak season charge" on the room, not bad really considering most hotels in Patts have their peak season price's running until the 31st March.

They do charge for an extra girl in the room which is a 500b fee but for 1 girl there's no charge. Hope that helps you.

According to the web site the 'Me rooms" only have a partial seaview while the deluxe rooms have a full seaview. When I stayed there I had a 'Deluxe Seaview" on the fifth floor and it had a full unobstructed sea view.

What I really enjoy with the Sandy & SeaMe Spring hotels is the large sea view balcony. I spend a lot of my down time just sitting and enjoying the view and sunshine. if I have a LT that wants to sleep late (don't they all) I'm happy to sit out on the balcony and enjoy a coffee and read while she sleeps.

Yeah that 300b surcharge can be eliminated by purchasing a (300b) members card, which gives you 300b off a night for 1 year....It can also be used at Sandy Spring Hotel(soi 13) & Summer Spring Hotel(soi 1).....they're obviously owned by the same person('s).

The 500b is not a service charge its a "Peak season charge" on the room, not bad really considering most hotels in Patts have their peak season price's running until the 31st March.

They do charge for an extra girl in the room which is a 500b fee but for 1 girl there's no charge. Hope that helps you.

A peak season charge is one thing and as a lot of hotels charge this it is a bit more expected.

But they defiantly refer to the 500 baht fee as a service charge and as far as needing to purchase a club card to avoid the price gouge on Fridays and Saturdays go's, thanks for the suggestion but no thanks.

They won't be getting my business I will probably book at Page 10 again who don't charge any of this rubbish.

Thanks for the replies though guys.

JD

SMS Hotel.png

Edited by JD1

Just booking Sept trip now. Promo rate is available on agoda with no weekend charge. Having said that will book seaview at sandy...400baht cheaper. Will have a look at Page 10 for christmas trip but even this far out looks more expensive.

• 4 months later...

Could anybody give an update on the construction going on in that area? is it finish or the holes on the street are still there?

thanks in advance.

:Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1: