Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Formula One Grand Prix - Belgium 7pm Sunday

gogopattaya

The Belgium F1 GP is on at 7pm Sunday night. Something I hope to watch. Just wondering what good places to watch it and other sports events on TV? I've seen plenty of TV's in bars but their must be some recommended places to watch such events? Ideally I'm looking for somewhere in the Soi 7 / Soi 8 area, as that's where my hotel is.

Any suggestions?

Shenanigans on second road should have it. its beside the Avenue complex. also you can see it in Dicey Reillys beside the Royal garden. ive watched grand prix in both places

If you check the Pattaya Mail newspaper or their website the motoring correspondent allways has reports on F1 & what bar they meet in to watch it.

Watched the last race in Gullivers near soi 1(beach road)

projection tv on wall

good atmosphere - big screen ,good food and drinks

Get there early to get a good seat

Another F1 head in Pattaya.

On my last couple of visit in May and July I was able to walk into any bar and just asked them to change the channel. There was very little else on apart from soccer repeats so everyone else in the bar were ok with it.

My biggest problem was actually trying to explain what Formula 1 was. I was luck that I checked the paper each morning so I knew the channel I needed so they understood that.

Edited by sleepingwithgosts

I've had this problem before with people not seemingly knowing about F1 but if I mention the name, Michael Schumacher then often they understand.

I found the pattaya mail, online but couldn't find anything about where they meet up to watching it...

http://www.pattayamail.com

Watching it at Gullivers near soi 1(beach road), sounds a good possibility, thanks for that suggestion.

The guys from Pattaya Mail meet to watch it in Jamesons Irish Bar Soi AR next to Nova park they get a Sunday roast there

Jamesons sounds like a good option. Do they have a big screen there?

Not been to Jamesons myself I read Pattaya Mail every week the guys reports & comments are very good I think hes an ex race driver. you have the right website look for Auto blogs

I watched the race at Jamesons on their huge project screen. It was a great place to watch the race complete with English commentary. So I can confirm this is a great place to watch Formula One races. The Sunday roasts were very good as well. 99 baht pints during happy hour, 6pm-7pm then 140 baht.

Glad to hear the info was good, hope to be down there later this month & check it out myself.

• 6 months later...

Forumla One season soon to start again with the Australian GP on Sunday 18th March. Are Jamesons going to be showing the races this season as well does anyone know?

Check out the Auto Mania blog in the Pattaya Mail on friday should have all the details there, been showing the races there for some years now