IGNORED

What’s it like to have food poisoning in Asia?

QuotaMan

Have been to LOS 11 times now and i have never had the brad pitts, Secrect never put tap water in your mouth not even to brush your teeth. Simples!

Reminds me of a time I had to scale a mini cliff in Morocco to shit a green mushy shit, whilst the rest of my trekking group walked about 6 metres below, bissfully unaware. Thang God they didn't look up

That was also the first time I experienced the dreaded Sharts...

This was after eating our Tuna and Tomato lunches after 100 flies gathered for a feast first. and then washing it down with the dreaded coriander soup..

oral rehydration sachets work wonders, used them when i was in croatia and kept me going until the toilet was no longer a hole in the ground.

dont be fooled by the label of blackcurrant flavor or even the smell it tastes fuck all like it but the choice between drinking something that resembles nothing like it says or shitting through the eye of a needle for 12 hours.

Yup rehydration is your best bet. I only ever had the bum dribbles once on hols and it was not fun.

First port of call in Pattaya is always the Pharmacy. Apcalis for the little fella and Immodium tablets for my guts. It's not the food or water that does me in, it's the steady consumption of alcohol every day (same thing happens to me at home if I have a big drinking session), but I found popping an Immodium every few days kept things under control, so to speakbiggrin.gif. I hydrate during the day as i don't usually start drinking until the evening, make sure I eat some solid stodge as well as Thai food, pop my pills as needed, and all is good!

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

• 1 month later...

had my first food poisoning in bangkok a few days before i was due to leave. i can't think of a time when i was closer to death!

i was staying with my GF in her own house, the neighbour had recently opened a small food stall outside her house so we tried it out.

we both ordered seafood.

woke up the next morning and had a headache and felt a tiny bit ill.

but by 10am i was throwing up violently non stop until night.

all my muscles were cramping and my temp went very high.

my GF cooled me down with a cool wet towel while i lay in bed.

the next day she drove me to the hospital and i the meds helped me settle down so i could get my flight the next morning.

that was 4 years ago and since then i have felt the same symptoms coming on several times but have found a simple cure.

most pharmacies in LOS sell charcoal tablets, very cheap too.

as soon as i feel my guts rumble, i pop 2 tablets and they absorb whatever baddies are floating around.

i also try to only drink the same amount of alcohol in LOS as i do back home.

a lot of guys get on the piss hard in LOS after being sober for months at home, add to this some spicy thai food and questionable ice in their drinks, next thing they're exploding on the toilet.

It fucking sucks, that is the only way to put it.

I am sure it was either a chicken from a cart or bugs from a cart. If you have ever seen dumb and dumber and the shit scene

Imagine this over and over with a fever and the shakes, there is no relief in the end as in the clip.

When in doubt, have them cook the shit out of it.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

Have had a few close encounters with mission-brown bathroom spray jobs but not food poisoning. Only have ever had food poisoning once and you know you have it when you are spraying out of both ends and dont know which to put down the toilet. Not fun at all, and a very unpleasant way to lose weight.

Reydration is the thing. I always take a box of immodium for the runs but I'm not sure about actual food poisoning. I avoid the water as others say but I'm not going to limit myself to familiar foods as in Asia most times I've been sick has been when eating foreign food!

Have been to LOS 11 times now and i have never had the brad pitts, Secrect never put tap water in your mouth not even to brush your teeth. Simples!

There is nothing wrong with the water in Pattaya to brush your teeth. I have spent nearly half of the last 6 years brushing my teeth with Pattaya water. I have only been sick once after eating some pad thai on Jomtien Beach. If you are going to get sick it will be from the food and not the water.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I had diahorrea last year which I think came from the salad I had earlier in the day, i think it was washed in the tap water & combined with a shit hotel I had the worst 24 hours of my life

• 1 month later...

In 2004, I was in Chiang Mai with some friends, drinking, eating and having a good time. Got back to the room relatively early on my last night as I was flying to Phnom Penh the next day via BKK. My gut was feeling a bit "off", but I figured it was just a mix of the beer and spicy food over the previous few days.

Woke up the next morning with the flop sweats and bloated gut, and I knew something was definitely wrong. I was in bad shape by the time I arrived in BKK, and even worse shape by the time I stumbled (crawled) into my hotel in PP. Shortly thereafter, the vomiting and diarrhea began, coming in violent waves for the next 24 hours. Combined with the cold sweats, restlessness and crazy dreams, I was in really bad shape.

Fortunately, the friend that I planned to visit in PP was on a volunteer medical mission that same week. Once he found out that I was sick, he sent an American doctor to my room that evening who examined me and gave me a full regimen of antibiotics. The doctor said it was most likely bacterial food poisoning from something I ate in CM. He (the doc) also had a bad bout of the same on a previous trip, which knocked him down for several weeks while visiting a small village in northern Cambodia.

The meds cleared me up and within a week, all was fine. Unfortunately, I never did get to sample the nightlife of PP.

BHP