Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

10hr stopover in dubai

hudsonhicks

any advice on how to deal with it?? i'll be stuck in transit, so i wont be going for some sightseeing in dubai :D

is there any lounge or cheap hotel i could buy where i can just chil out with my laptop?

or maybe drink + sleeping pills is the way to go :D

This is the reason why i fly direct, also you could say a day of your hols lost.

Im sorry this dont help but just had to say.

Plenty of Bars and Shops to look around and Kill 4/5 Hrs then at that point it becomes a pain in the Arse.

If you are Biz Class you will have Lounge access if not then pre pay before leaving and book one.

Sometimes saving a few Quid with a cheaper Ticket costs more in the long run.

You will if a Smoker be ok Fagging it and the take Dollars or Uk Notes but change is given as Local Currency

Enjoy your Trip

Yeah but i live closer to manchester, it would take hours getting the train down to heathrow when you factor in all the changes

Mate for my Sins I live in Blackpool

64 Quid Train 4 and Half Hrs at Heathrow but know what you saying.

National Express also do Cheap Fares but does take far longer

For me pre booking a lounge is now a must, especially on the way back.

i might choose the air france flight, but with their track record.. im worried haha

how are KLM?

I have been stuck in transit in Dubai when i had a change to my flight times.

Everyone was taken to a hotel near the airport and given a room. They have to do this for all passengers with a stopover of more than 6 hours. (it is required by aviation law} my delay was only transit time was only 8 hours but i was told i had to leave the airport because of the 6 hour rule.

The hotel i was taken to was great about a 4 star we had buffet lunch and a nice room.

Only stayed in the hotel 4 hours because it took 30 minutes to get there and 30 minutes to get back plus getting to the terminal, and waiting for people to board the bus.

Hey Hudsonhicks

When are you actually landing In Dubai?

Just wanted to let you know that it's Ramadan right now until the end of this month almost.Muslims are fasting sunrise to sunset..no public eating or drinking in those times mate..I am out here working at the moment and it does not make for an exciting time mate.. :Ignore1: unless you absolutely adore shopping ! bars open after 8 pm also by the way.

safe travels

Arrabista

"Never put off till tomorrow the fun you can have today",Aldous Huxley ...

If your flying with Emirates you get use of a free restaurant.

Look for the Burger King place at one end of the concourse and the Emirates restaurant is above it.

Show your boarding card for the next flight, they stamp it and you get free food and drink. Alright dont expect quality food here but last time I spent 2hrs up there moving from seat to seat each time getting another plate of food or cake/biscuits and a refill of tea/coffee....I think your only supposed to have one small plate of food and a drink but nobody said anything to me!Its a bit more relaxing up there away from the masses below!

Then walk to the departure gates and look for gates that have 'barber shop' seats. Sit close to them...wait for somebody to leave their seat, jump on it and go to sleep...thats what I do anyway.

I did a 7.5 stopover nearly 5 years ago with Emirates.

That was bad enough with nothing to do in the airport, but it turned into 10 when 2 passengers disappeared, the last 2.5 being on the tarmac.

Never, ever, ever ,ever again.

Hey Hudsonhicks

When are you actually landing In Dubai?

Just wanted to let you know that it's Ramadan right now until the end of this month almost.Muslims are fasting sunrise to sunset..no public eating or drinking in those times mate..I am out here working at the moment and it does not make for an exciting time mate.. :Ignore1: unless you absolutely adore shopping ! bars open after 8 pm also by the way.

safe travels

Arrabista

oh christ cheers for that.

i think im going to opt for the air france / klm

I did a 7.5 stopover nearly 5 years ago with Emirates.

That was bad enough with nothing to do in the airport, but it turned into 10 when 2 passengers disappeared, the last 2.5 being on the tarmac.

Never, ever, ever ,ever again.

How was your Mumbai stop over in comparison? I'm on Jet this time, scary!

For the OP if you are a smoker the Irish bar on the lower concourse is somewhere you can chill and smoke. Get a decent seat there and it's as good as most non 1st class lounges imo.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Crumbs 10 hours!

Deffo book a lounge.

You will be entitled to a complimentary meal as your stopover is so long, you will need a voucher from your airline, make sure you get it.

Might not be much but it's something and will kill 30 mins of those 10 hours.

How was your Mumbai stop over in comparison? I'm on Jet this time, scary!

For the OP if you are a smoker the Irish bar on the lower concourse is somewhere you can chill and smoke. Get a decent seat there and it's as good as most non 1st class lounges imo.

Each way it was only about 2 hours, which is bearable even with nothing to do.

I had the 'advantage' coming back of having some "deadly weapons" (bike parts which LHR cleared) in my hand luggage, so the time really flew by. unsure.gif

Security at Mumbai is intense to say the least. Rules1.gif

Jet Airways Link - don't know if they fly into Manchester for OP though.

i might choose the air france flight, but with their track record.. how are KLM?

When I lived in the UK during the earlier years of this century, the most budget and time friendly UK - LOS flights, without exception, were those involving a short feeder flight from the UK to catch a direct flight from a European hub (e.g. Schipol for KLM, Copenhagen for SAS). I used to book via Trailfinders - it may be worth giving them a call.

Cheers for that im gonna give them and another company a call

im very skeptical if i can beat the price of opodo/skyscanner, don't these monkeys at the end of the phone just use the same figures the internet shows?