IGNORED

Exotic car rental

Fein

I've tried to Google something up, but have failed miserably, so seeking help here.

I'd like to know if there is some company in Pattaya that would rent out exotic cars? I don't need Vigo now, and it's been a while since I drove anything nice 555

what sort type of cars ?

other than toyota truck types I doubt you will get anything sports/expensive. Imagine renting out a ferrari in pattaya ! never going to happen imho...or is your idea of exotic something differant to mine ?

Something along the lines of Ferrari/Lamborghini/Maserati, yes. Would BKK be better shot then? Only a short drive to here anyway...

I have only rented toyota landcruisers and that was expensive. I may be wrong and i hope I am but could you imagine the risk at renting such beautiful machinery in Thailand the cost of insurance etc...I doubt it is available to farangs but maybe wealthy thais may have contacts..i will watch this thread as it would be a buzz to rent a soft top ferrari and cruise down beach road...maybe a friendly ruskie mafiosa could help.

good luck with your search but i think you finding one would be as likely as a virgin on Soi 6...

members get twitch renting a moped, i crashed a yamaha scooter 650cc in Phuket and it cost be 60k baht to fix imaging pranging a ferrari in the back of a baht bus !!! or head on with a gaggle of ladyboys!! gona be sooo expensive. bonn chance mon ami !

• 2 weeks later...

One option might be to rent such a car at a circuit. I do not remember where, but I saw some adverts (on the web) about racing circuits near Pattaya. It might be possible to rent a track day car there?

I know when I go I will be looking to do such a thing. However, I would not recommend (or even try) to drive a car (let alone a nice one) in Pattaya, for a few reasons:

1) Driving is on opposite side (unless you are from the UK ^.^;)

2) Traffic is INSANE there (chaotic, and busy)

And unless you do enough research ahead of time, not sure you will find a nice road to 'cruise'. Either you'll be in town (with bad traffic) in highway (with bad air quality) or way out of the way (desperately hoping your sat nav brings you back to town (or a gas station)).

If anyone knows any good racing circuits where I can rent a decent track day car, please let me/us know ^.^b

Thank you.

This is all I could find: Contract HIre

This place mainly sells the exotics but its seems they may lease as well. I don't know the minimum time period or even if they'd rent to individuals.

Contract Hire is the leasing of a vehicle, normally to a vat registered business or company, for a set time and mileage at a fixed monthly rental.

The monthly rental is determined by the cost of the vehicle, the period and mileage covered as well as the resultant depreciation. Maintenance packages are often included within Contract Hire agreements, but are not obligatory.

Probably a dead end for you; but, maybe worth a call or email to them.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

• 3 weeks later...

This is all I could find: Contract HIre

This place mainly sells the exotics but its seems they may lease as well. I don't know the minimum time period or even if they'd rent to individuals.

Probably a dead end for you; but, maybe worth a call or email to them.

I tried to call them but they barely speak english. Does anyone know how much it costs to rent a ferrari/lamborghini and how much it would cost to purchase one?

I tried to call them but they barely speak english. Does anyone know how much it costs to rent a ferrari/lamborghini and how much it would cost to purchase one?

Hmm like we all go to Pattaya and buy a ferrari.

A rough estimate for the purchase would be about a gazillion baht. Then you add on 300 percent import duty and you will find it cheaper to buy an apollo spacecraft.

I would rather buy an exotic car rather than rent it. Renting just says you can't afford the damn thing. Renting is for Starbucks Poseurs.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, really???? I can not imagine wanting to rent and drive a high end sports car in a 2nd or 3rd world country!!! I have yet to visit one where the average automobile operator stayed in their designated lanes. They go four wide on a 2 lane and drive on shoulders and sidewalks!!!!! You do know they shutdown the other traffic when shooting James Bond "The Man With the Golden Gun" !!!!! Or maybe you were misled by scenes from Bankok Dangerous???? I do not operate anything much over 100cc's and 2 wheels!!!!!!