Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

First time golfing in pattaya

PokerPaul84

Hi,

Ill be travelling to pattaya in the coming months, hopefully twice for a couple of weeks in september and again in november. I used to golf a lot when I was younger and have just started getting back into it now (im 27) I will be staying around the LK Metro area and am hoping to get in a few rounds of golf. I dont really want the hassle of bringing my clubs over on the flight so looking for tips on where are the best places to hire clubs (decent ones) and places that organise trips. I will be on my own so would be cool to meet up with other people to go golfing with etc.. any help appreciated, thanks in advance

There's several places all around the Soi LK Metro area, just take a little walk around and you'll see what I'm talking about. I play with the folks @ The Golf Club when I'm in town but there are a couple others nearby like the the Traveller's Rest that also runs a good program.

If can, can.. If no can, no can..

Check out the travellers rest at trgg.biz they golf 4 days a week. If you contact Fergus, he may be able to help with club rentals, or at least direct you where you can i.e. most of the courses have club rentals. For the price of a travel bag, however, it's probably better to bring your own depending on how often you plan to play, because the club rentals will significantly increase the cost of playing a round.

<p>

thanks for the replies, will likely ask at the Billabong (where im staying) and a couple of places around LK Metro. Really looking froward to playing some golf, not looking forward to early mornings tho, lol

I play a lot of golf back here in the UK but I found golfing in Los got in the way of a good night out, and it's too bloody hot as well.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

You're required to take a caddy with you at each course. Usually around 300 baht. Tip usually around 300 baht. A lot of guys think they are getting Steve Williams. Basically they carry your clubs and clean your ball when it's dirty. They usually are pretty good at finding wayward shots as their eyesight is better than us old farts. As far as reading putts it is hit and miss. Some are good some are not. Generally I don't rely on them for putting. Keep it light and humourous with them and you'll enjoy your day much more.

Try the Golf Club on LK Metro. Good guys to golf with. They have some clubs to rent too. They usually don't golf too early either so you can stay out late without too much worry.

firts time i play golf was in Asia Pattaya hotel

Pratamnak Road Soi 4 (between South Pattaya and Jomtien Beach)

9-hole golf course that was really good for a newbie.

firts time i play golf was in Asia Pattaya Hotel

It's a very nice pitch and putt. I've later been told that you can play more than 9 holes if you like without paying any extra. Going to test this out on my next trip.

Edited by eanto

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

It's a very nice pitch and putt. I've later been told that you can play more than 9 holes if you like without paying any extra. Going to test this out on my next trip.

yes you can do that if u like, i did do that.

can you rent left hooker clubs as well? (plz, no pun intended with the word hooker) :Insanity:

Posted Image

You're required to take a caddy with you at each course. Usually around 300 baht. Tip usually around 300 baht. A lot of guys think they are getting Steve Williams. Basically they carry your clubs and clean your ball when it's dirty. They usually are pretty good at finding wayward shots as their eyesight is better than us old farts. As far as reading putts it is hit and miss. Some are good some are not. Generally I don't rely on them for putting. Keep it light and humourous with them and you'll enjoy your day much more.

Try the Golf Club on LK Metro. Good guys to golf with. They have some clubs to rent too. They usually don't golf too early either so you can stay out late without too much worry.

thanks, yeh not looking for anything too serious, will see whats going on at the golf club once I arrive this weekend :-)

• 5 months later...

i've neevr playd golf in Patts yet either. defo gonna give it a shot next time i'm there. only be for 3 days so maybe just get 1 round in. Not gonna bother taking my own clubs, in fact they're at home san di'm in Baku so it's impossible really, haha

just going for a laugh, so should be good. hopefully bump into to some of you lot in the above mentioned bars :)

• 2 months later...

I think that I will rent my clubs. Rather have the peace of mind to just rent than to lug my own equipment halfway across the globe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm.. Golfing sounds like fun pasttime daytime, but I've never tried golf at all, so I have no greencard.

Anyone know of some sort of beginners course that is fun and that isn't scheduled too early in the day? Can you actually get to actually playing, or will one have to spend loads of time working on swing before there's any point in going onto a proper golf field?

• 3 months later...

I think that I will rent my clubs. Rather have the peace of mind to just rent than to lug my own equipment halfway across the globe.

What you said made sense, but it would be really strange playing with a different set of clubs. I've gone back and forth on this issue, and I think that ill bring my own set. I'll be playing in Nov for the first time, and I'll check back in and let you guys know what I have discovered.

I can highly recommend http://www.thaigerlinegolf.com. Particularly the daily trips in high season 1/11 till March. Fabien and Kik who run it are really top people - just email them, call or drop in to the Soi Choiapoon offices of soi buackow...if you are on your own they will make sure you have friendly guys at your ability level.

firts time i play golf was in Asia Pattaya Hotel

Do they still have those evil ants in the trees at the 5th. Came away looking like a walking zombie after playing that hole. Then when we went to play the 8th I got stung by a japanese hornet. Not a good day.

But still a nice little course to help improve your short game. A 4 club course.