Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Advice for newb going to patt

86d

Hi guys,

Im new to the forum, ive been to bk couple times so will be first time in pattaya, im hoping to book a flight for end of the week to bangkok.

advice i need.

Best way to get to pattaya from bangkok airport dont really wanna stop in bangkok.

Decent condo/hotel close to bars stay will be 2/4 weeks (need internet access)

any phones numbers etc would be mega helpful as looking to sort out asap :)

Thanks for any advice guys :)

cant wait for the trip

transport from BKK - Patts depends on your budget. You can hire Devils Den VIP bus picking you up with 2 ladies of your choice for 18000b. Or you can take a taxi for 1000b.

hotels also depends on budget. I'd recommend Diamond hotel, location is superior as its situated inside Walking Street. Or the Queen Victoria inn Situated in Soi 6.I wouldnt book for entire stay before you get there. Book a few nights first see if it suits your needs.

Have a nice trip !

Saw the ghost of Elvis

On Walking Street

Followed him up to the gates of Baccara

Then I watched him walk right through

Now security they did not see him

They just hovered 'round his tomb

But there's a pretty little thing

Waiting for the King

Down in the Jungle Loom

"I bet if you reached total enlightenment while drinking beer, it would make beer squirt out your nose"

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace-Countdown-Clocks&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/8.jpg&text=Wheels%20Down%20BKK%20yus%20%21%21%0D3%20weeks%20of%20Mayhem%20%21%21&untilColor=0&textColor=16711680&datesColor=0&year=2011&month=9&day=29&hour=6&minute=33&second=7&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace-Countdown-Clocks</a></small></center>

As has been said before - it all depends on budget.

My recommendations are

- MrT taxi from the airport. 1000 baht all in. Just email him your flight details and there will be a driver waiting for you. His email is - [email protected]

Page 10 is a great newbie hotel. On my last trip I stayed at the Page 10 hotel and it was definitely the hotel for me. The main pluses are great location and the standard of the room. There is also good quality free wifi.

Of course there are no doubt cheaper options so as you will no doubt hear over and over again in LOS - It's up to you.

Hope this helps.

Edited by sleepingwithgosts

Any hotel you book with will be able to arrange pick up from the airport. Their are 3 main areas in Pattaya, Soi LK Metro, Walking Street, and Soi 6. I would recommend a week on LK and a week on Walking Street. Don't know your budget . If you want inexpensive it's hard to beat the Billabong on LK or Secrets on Walking St. You should still make some day trips to Soi 6. About 5-6 minutes by baht bus from either location. You just google any of these for websites etc.

http://www.belltravelservice.com/ is a good cheap way to get to Pattaya.

You can also get a taxi either at the airport or book one. I am booking one with the ever reliable Mr T ([email protected]) although can't remember what the price was last time I booked a direct taxi to Patts from the airport. Anyone know what his normal rate is?

Try http://www.agoda.com for plenty of hotel options and check the hotel reviews forum on here. I'm not an expert on this.

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

Also, whereever you stay make sure it is "girl friendly" or as they say "no joiner fees". Some places will only allow one guest. That doesn't work for me. So check on this as it is a common mistake and big let down.

Page 10 is a great newbie hotel. Good quality with free wife.

I would book this hotel asap if they were offering a free girlfriend but am not so keen on a free wife! :LMAO1:

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

Thanks for replies guys def helping,

guess id like to spend around 1000/1200 per day for hotel,

also any bars i should avoid on walking st?

Edited by gedyyyy

Bell bus to travel to Patts and Secrets for your stay. Job done! 55555.

Bars/GoGo,s a bit more expensive on Walking Street but i would go in as many as you can and make your own assumptions. Bars etc can have different atmospheres on different days

Welcome aboard and enjoy your trip

Bell bus to travel to Patts and Secrets for your stay. Job done! 55555.

Bars/GoGo,s a bit more expensive on Walking street but i would go in as many as you can and make your own assumptions. Bars etc can have different atmospheres on different days

Welcome aboard and enjoy your trip

Secrets does look good, are the girls in Secrets available like in gogo? bar fine?

also in the disco do you get freelancers?

again thanks for the replies guys :)

Edited by gedyyyy

secrets does look good, are the girls in secrets available like in gogo? bar fine?

also in the disco do you get freelancers?

again thanks for the replies guys :)

Secrets is like a hostess bar with Coyote dancers and hostesses and they are available to barfine although they are quite expensive. Good place to stay and have a drink but perhaps not barfine

Loads of freelancers in the Discos,s mate. Just make you way to Insomnia, Marine, Lucifers etc

going to get booked next 1-2 days, not speaking to the wife, need some time apart, i said look i will go away for a couple weeks, :Party1: (if i dont go she will go stay at her sisters for 2 weeks haha)

is there BMs heading over in the next week or already over now, meet up for a beer, gonny be gedyyyy no m8s haha obv, will get plenty female company :)

and again thanks for advice.

Edited by gedyyyy

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/ this is the airport-pattaya bus. I usually just book with mr t taxi [email protected] 1000 baht including tolls, direct to your hotel. Bell Bus http://www.belltravelservice.com/

hotels, I suggest book say 3-5 nights to start with not the whole period as you may be wanting to change. I book via www.wotif.com or www.agoda.com. I have not stayed there yet but Baywalk Residence is in a top location. April Suites also look interesting too. Plenty of good advice here in the hotels section.

A word of warning - going to Pattaya will hasten your divorce, think long and hard about that one.....especially the financial side, that is a killer. Pattaya is the highway to hell, guaranteed.

Many newbies to Pattaya tend to stay in Central Pattaya, with many hotels between Soi 7 and Soi 13 as there are lots of bars.

I stayed in Soi 13 on my first couple of trips in Sandy Springs. Location wise that Soi is great. Soi 13 is quiet at night time and is only 10 walk to Walking Street and the popular bars in LK Metro areas (and everything in between).

As SS have increased their prices recently I wouldn't recommend staying there but there are a few that are decent and wont cost you an arm and a leg - Whitehouse Condotel, Dynasty Inn, Inn House (circa 1100 - 1300 per night). In Soi Diana area you can get LK Renaissance, Tim Boutique, Chad Thai, Areca Lodge (circa 2k - though why AL is 2400 baht for late october I don't know). Then you have guesthouses in LK Metro area: Billabong, Irish Rover, 3Som, Rockhouse, Murphy's, Pasadena Lodge (800 - 1000). Plenty of bars and GoGos in the area. China Garden in Soi Lenkee.

You could stay on Walking Street but for me (light sleeper) it was too noisy (Bars and Street noise).

As has been said it depends on your budget.

I can vouch for Mr T taxi (he has an "outlet" in Soi Diana, Pattaya) 1000 all in door to door.

Edited by JonnyR

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

For transport from the airport, your best bet would be the Mr. T taxi service for 1000 baht, there is a Mr. Toom also and that is 1200 baht. Same service, hell they may even share same drivers. It is fast and convenient. If you take Bell Bus you will have to wait for the bus and then it travels slower than car, especially once you get into Pattaya. Then you'll have to transfer off to a baht bus that will rip you off, so may as well take the private taxi. The driver waits for you to arrive.

As for the hotel there are so many room options its ridiculous. Anywhere from cheap guesthouses to expensive 4 star resort. For your 1000-2000 baht you have many options. I have paid 990 baht for a decent room in Sabai Empress, room was big and nice, but no balcony, a bit of a ways from Walking St. but easily accessible with baht bus. I have also stayed at Residence Garden but it can be a pain to get back to at night from Walking St. unless you ride a motobike like me. The place I most enjoyed staying was View Talay 6 which is a condo right next to Central Mall and is literally central Pattaya. I had a super nice room for 2000 baht that I was lucky to get due to a cancellation. If you can get a decent room in there I'd do that, most rooms will be 1500/1700 baht per night. For your length of stay you could maybe negotiate a monthly rate somewhere if you stay 4 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...