IGNORED

HIV

belfastmatt

Undoubtedly a topic that has been discussed ad nauseum on here but this article mentions alot of (for me anyway) previously unscene data which is interesting.

Unsurprisingly male prostitutes make up a large percentage, but at almost a quarter of new cases it is truely endemic for this section of Thai society. A reminder to those that frequent the ladyboys id have thought. 1 in 5 has HIV they reckon :o

The bit that puzzles me is "People in the employment sector are the risk group. More than 45 percent of them have HIV" - what is the employment sector?

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/unsafe-sex-is-still-the-main-cause-of-hiv-aids-5339

Just use a condom,forget about all those "stats" and live a happy life.

Блог о путешеÑтвиÑÑ… - РаÑÑказы о моих путешеÑтвиÑÑ… по Юго-ВоÑточной Ðзии и других чаÑÑ‚ÑÑ… мира =)

to be honest, if you are that terrified about hiv and std's in general, you should probably look at taking up a new hobby as opposed to sex with third world asian hookers ;)

You have a bigger chance to die in motorbike accident in Thailand than to catch HIV, relax.

Блог о путешеÑтвиÑÑ… - РаÑÑказы о моих путешеÑтвиÑÑ… по Юго-ВоÑточной Ðзии и других чаÑÑ‚ÑÑ… мира =)

You have a bigger chance to die in motorbike accident in Thailand than to catch HIV, relax.

Yes, you are right. Better relax when LB is coming through the back door... Otherwise his condom could break... :Dance1:

to be honest, if you are that terrified about hiv and std's in general, you should probably look at taking up a new hobby as opposed to sex with third world asian hookers ;)

This is true. We all run a bit of a risk when we have sex with Asian hookers - condoms can break, dicks have a bad habit of sneaking into wet pussies all on their own when we're fast asleep - we run risks all day long, most of us drink too much, we're possible candidates for liver cancer and many other nasty things, smokers amongst us face all those risks everytime they light up, people who eat steaks and red meat have far higher colon and bowel cancer rates... So if the risks of something bother you too much best cease doing that thing. But don't take this to extremes or you'll spend the rest of your life in bed eating carrots... ;-)

Do yourselves a favor and download

Deconstructing the Myth of Aids

&

House of numbers

may wake U up a bit!!! Club_fight1.gif

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

When did i say i was terrified? I asked clarification about what a particular term meant.

Simply sharing an article with what is clearly a hot topic on this bored. Ps Thailand is not third world, indeed the term third world is entirely obsolete.

Undoubtedly a topic that has been discussed ad nauseum on here but this article mentions alot of (for me anyway) previously unscene data which is interesting.

Unsurprisingly male prostitutes make up a large percentage, but at almost a quarter of new cases it is truely endemic for this section of Thai society. A reminder to those that frequent the ladyboys id have thought. 1 in 5 has HIV they reckon :o

The bit that puzzles me is "People in the employment sector are the risk group. More than 45 percent of them have HIV" - what is the employment sector?

http://www.pattayama...f-hiv-aids-5339

To answer your question, "employment sector" is a general term to describe a group of people who are capable of working (whether they are working or not). Not to get too deep into it, but employment sector actually comprises three levels: Primary, Secondary and tertiary. There are people who have regular jobs (Primary) or are housewives (Secondary), but moonlight has prostitutes on the side (Tertiary). In other words, they're not professional or full-time hookers.

Either way, stick with the professional bar / agogo girls and wear a condom and you'll be fine...

:Circle_Sharks::WhoSaw1::Cross_Fingers:

Edited by buddyedgewood
If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

The complete article lacks substance and documented evidence, it would appear to have been loosely based on some recent Chiang Mai University studies and the only area held up by more evidence based/supported studies is;

while that among professional sex workers is in a downward trend.

The conclusion of several studies that listed the sample groups etc. and were carried out a few years ago showed that the highest rise in HIV infection was within students bodies, whilst the area that was seeing a marked decline was that of adult sex workers. Findings that make sense, in that most feel "normal" girls, irrespective of how promiscuous are going to be clean, whilst ASW are more likely to be infected. Condom use then reflects those beliefs.

I guess in the end you pay your money and make your choice.