Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Award Tickets: 1st Class Depart/economy Return - Or Visa Versa?

SmellyFarang

Bummer.

I *thought* I had enough miles to swing first class tickets for both my departing & return flights next trip.

But, it turns out I can only do first class on one, then have to do economy on the other. Since I'm from the USA, it's a long flight either way.

So what do you think would be the smartest way to use the first class flight: for my arrival or my return, and why?

Edited by SmellyFarang

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

First how old are you? I'm 42 and travel from the US as well. I would save the miles towards a free round trip ticket. Once I get older I may not physically be able to fly economy. Therefore, I would rather wait until I'm older to indulge in first class.

It's got to be on the way back.... on the way there you will be buzzing anyway, you would probably walk to Pattaya if you could so flying in eco won't be too bad.

On the way back you will be depressed as fuck and not looking forward to getting home, at least you will have the comfort of business class to console your sorry ass.

I take it buying some extra miles so you can do business both ways isnt an option?

Bummer.

I *thought* I had enough miles to swing first class tickets for both my departing & return flights next trip.

But, it turns out I can only do first class on one, then have to do economy on the other. Since I'm from the USA, it's a long flight either way.

So what do you think would be the smartest way to use the first class flight: for my arrival or my return, and why?

If this is your first time flying in first class my suggestion is to go first class on the segment where you will be staying awake the most. This way you will enjoy more of the first class service.

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

If this is your first time flying in first class my suggestion is to go first class on the segment where you will be staying awake the most. This way you will enjoy more of the first class service.

Good point, I always fly out on a midnight flight and sleep. My return flight coincides with daytime in California so I stay awake for the 7 pm arrival. Why waste the upgrade by sleeping through it.

That being said, I used my miles to upgrade to business class before and I used them on the outbound trip. But, that trip was very short. Only five days. I flew on a Friday night and returned the next Wednesday, with my wife.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

Bummer.

Several considerations Smelly. Who are your miles with? First class, biz class, premium economy, and economy are very different beasts with different airlines. My thoughts...

I think there's alot to be said for first class on the way home after you've had your fun. It's hard enough flying out, but knowing you will be pampered on the plane should ease the pain and make the drive to Swampy almost something to look forward to. I also agree with the chap who mentioned about staying awake. But I would make my choice based on 2 things: flight times and club lounges. For instance I recently used Continental/United miles but flew with Thai Airways as one of their partners. First class on Thai was worth it just for the BKK lounge. On the plane you are wined and dined like royalty.

That's not my video, but check it out.

Travel safe! Cheers,

Palms

Cool video! Thanks for posting. I change my mind from my original post I say fly first class on the way back. This looks to be an experience I would want to have before I die. Go for it Smelly!

I would do it on the way. It will allow you to rest as it is such a long trip. You arrive fresh and better chance of avoiding coming down with anything.

I did it that way last trip. I don't mind being jammed into coach on the way home. I am bummed out so I might as well be uncomfortable.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

I have done both gone one to Pattaya and one way back,Going was the best for me on the way back i am pretty tired so i sleep most of the way back.

Going you land and you are fresh as a daisy

Just slum it in coach. Then you can put the miles towards your next trip.

For me the flight is just a means to an end. Pop a couple of sleeping pill and it does not matter where I am. When I awake I'm in LOS.

1 class for flight to Patts.You will ready for action and fresh. Return flight is not important for me because I am get pissed of the end holiday.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Bummer.

Why not fly buisness class both ways. For the up grade to first one way, return cattle class about the same?