IGNORED

what is your camera

mmm606

I've got a D5100 with 2 lenses but I'm gonna sell all my Nikon gear. I like taking pictures but I just hate having to lug around a DSLR. I was thinking about the Fuji x100 and the Olympus EP-3 but they're still a bit too big for my taste.

I've wasted tons of good pics opportunities because I wasn't carrying my DSLR. I just need something that goes in my pocket ready to shoot anytime, I might just buy a Canon S95 pocket camera...

Bought a S95 on the strength of the pics and advice on this forum , love this little camera and can't wait to get take it on it's first Thailand trip

Canon 40d DSLR, and Canon S95. I use the S95 all the time. Rarely get out the DSLR except for when I want to use flash and have it look good.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Canon 550D with a few expensive Lenses, 70 - 200 2.8 17-50 2.8 30mm 1.4, most of which, including flashes, are all on me during the day if its set aside as a "Photo Day" other wise its just the 17-50 for day time, the 30mm for night time and if i plan on getting messy it stays in the room.

Havent had any trouble with thieves etc, but do get alot of BG or even locals asking for their photo to be taken...

Winner Best Adult Web Developer at the Australian Adult Industry Awards 2022 and 2023

Havent had any trouble with thieves etc, but do get alot of BG or even locals asking for their photo to be taken...

They ask you to take their photo cuz they think you will share it with them or just for fun?

Блог о путешеÑтвиÑÑ… - РаÑÑказы о моих путешеÑтвиÑÑ… по Юго-ВоÑточной Ðзии и других чаÑÑ‚ÑÑ… мира =)

Iv just bought a Panasonic Lumix TZ10. I have no idea about photography but am willing to learn so i can get the most out ov this very impressive bit ov kit.

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is a Canon Powershot SX210 IS, very good zoom (X14)

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

Been lugging around a Canon 40D, but that one is now 2nd cam after I bought a 7D two weeks ago in Pattaya. Also always carry a Panasonic FX37 (plan on upgrading this to a Canon S100) and the Galaxy S2. At nighttime the SLR usually stays in the room, but now that I have a spare, maybe one of them will be going out more in the future :)

Of course I wish I'd knew about the new Canon 1D X before I bought a new cam... :wub:

Canon 1D X

Tor

Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me.... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (Roger The Hat - Pink Floyd roadie)

Still sporting my Panasonic ZS3 Which has great image quality at low ISO. And also great video quality. But I have my eye on the new Canon S100 for an upgrade.

Just bought a Fuji finepix F550 EXR a week ago. Very happy with it up until now, but it's still a Pattaya virgin, and i can't wait to take some thai girl pictures with it !!!

My working rig is a Nikon D700 with four lenses. When I'm not sure what sort of reception gear like that will get, I pull out my Leica D-Lux 3. It's so small nobody pays any attention to it. Sucks in low light, but the flash is okay. If at all possible, I stick with the Nikon. Looking at a 4/3 Sony when they hit the market with a new model in November. I read today the launch will be delayed because they're making them in Thailand and the factory is flooded.

PS: let's just say these are expensive cameras. I don't know how much they're worth now.

Edited by Poppa

Looking at a 4/3 Sony when they hit the market with a new model in November. I read today the launch will be delayed because they're making them in Thailand and the factory is flooded.

I have been looking at the 4/3 Olympus and Panasonic's. The ability to use a wide range of lenses is so tempting but I'm turned off by no view finder. I haven't really looked at the Sony stuff but I'm assuming their 4/3 line doesn't have a view finder as well?

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

Ex pro sports photographer, so I got Canon 1D Mk II, body about £4K, sometimes dig out the old F1s for nostalgias sake

Edited by Arms

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

I'm using a Canon 60D with the 18-135, 55-250, 50/1.8. I'm debating on picking up a Sigma 30/1.4 for a 'night out' lens before my next trip.

Fritzy

Fuji F200EXR....so far the most satisfying "pocket" camera in low light....

I think the F500exr(F550exr) is the most cuurent version of my camera.

Jan 2011, I was fresh meat for the grinder...no longer the fresh meat....but I love the grinder

"Anyway, up to me, yes?" - Photog88 - Nov 2010

"If Im going to Disneyland ......................... I want to go on all the rides" - The_Gun Nov 2011

"Up to you.....your money" Thai gogo girl whispering in my ear encouraging me to choose her over her "sister"...... October 2011

Ash

I have changed my Canon 5DMKII, to a Fujifilm 100.

Have Fun Always - Life's to short.

My next trip I think I'll just get a decent point and click camera. I love my NEX-5 but not convenient carrying that around when you really want to take quick picks of girls, etc. Easily fits in pocket for any scenario.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Canon 600D, sigma 18-250mm ($1200.00). Point and shoot SX200IS for a day to day camera.

New to the dslr so will be having a lot of fun learning this trip.

Buzzy

Canon 600D, sigma 18-250mm ($1200.00). Point and shoot Canon SX200IS for a day to day camera.

New to the dslr so will be having a lot of fun learning this trip.

Buzzy

Tried to do an edit and now have two posts. Oops.

Buzzy.

I'm using a Canon 60D with the 18-135, 55-250, 50/1.8. I'm debating on picking up a Sigma 30/1.4 for a 'night out' lens before my next trip.

Fritzy

I would get a 50/1.4 instead of the 30. I sold my 1.8 and bought a Canon 50/1.4 USM and for lowlight its been fantastic.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton