Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

[Lifehack] Post a flight travel tip

7-Eleven

A few trips ago during the flight to BKK there was a screaming kid sat a few seats away from me.

The little shit had woken me up from a perfect, Nightol tablet induced sleep. I wasn't a happy chappy.

Even my trusty Bose noise cancelling headphones had no chance against this din.

I had picked up a packet of Skittles at the airport and had them with me in my hand luggage.

After checking with the kids Mum I gifted them to the child... The result was a well behaved young man for the remainder of the flight and I got back to sleep!

I always pack some sweets now in case it ever happens again. Taste the rainbow!

What tips have you found makes your flight easier?

I agree, long haul in cattle class is a pain but a necessary evil to get to paradise. I normally go direct and inbetween food, 2 or 3 movies and the odd nap, it's just about bearable.

Good move on the bribery front, might try that one myself.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I'd have put the Nightol tablets in the Skittles bag just to make sure.

lol!

:D

I try and go Biz Class most of the time. Much more unlikely to get Kids in that class.

That being said you still do get the little fuckers sometimes cropping up if Parents are loaded or the brat is under 13 Months they travel free.

If that is the case and I am disturbed I produce a great fuckin child hating dog from my bag that eats them, problem solved.

Then of course I possibly then have issues with crying parents ;-)

Great idea bribing the kid.

I hope he wasn't quiet then because he choked on those little lollies. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

So that's why your little one is so well behaved!

I hope he wasn't quiet then because he choked on those little lollies. :)

Oh well!

So that's why your little one is so well behaved!

Oh well!

Do those Nightol tablets actually work !!

Always thought they were a marketing aid for neurotic mothers on UK Tv !!

Whats in them to assist sleep ?? You can buy over counter so cant be too much "humph" in them ??

I've been fortunate in that never had to deal with noisy kids or babies near me.

I did pay an extra hundred dollars or so to get economy plus on my Delta flights, and that extra leg room is totally worth it.

One thing I regret last trip is not taking a jacket or sweater for the plane ride. I forgot how utterly freezing it gets, and those paper thin blankets suck. Plus I read they don't clean those that often, which made me cringe.

I took some bonine motion sickness pills and those made me tired enough to sleep most of trip. But had this weirdest sensation during the middle of the flight. I had stomach cramps, and felt like I needed to take a dump. Simultaneously, the blood seemed to drain from my head/upper body and sink towards my legs, and I started to feel dizzy and nauseous. I barely made it to the toilet but it wasn't diarrhea. Felt better after but not pleasant.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I fly long haul many times throughout the year

my carry on includes

Ipod/Iphone .... and I download a lot of current podcasts(free) I find that spoken word stuff is good to listen too including Thai language lessons

a pullover/jumper as it gets cold

some snacks ie. lollies/peanuts etc/ mints

toothbrush and small toothpaste/small listerine

a good book/magazine

aircraft headphone adaptors ( the headphones onboard are dreadful)

I avoid alcohol

and eat a little

ipod in and off to a happy place

get an late flight about 10 or 11 pm,

before work all day

will be tired when boarding, normal sleeping time, just perfect :-)

(some whiskey also helps^^)

As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do.

- Zachary Scott -

I fly in First Class on Cathay. Six passengers (last time I was alone) , no babies, full bed, two bathrooms, two flight attendants, unlimited food, top shelf bar, Krug champagne, caviar and smoked salmon. Time passes well, and sleeping is great.

i get SERIOUSLY pissed off when they start serving food during a NIGHT FLIGHT.

They dim the lights, most people dozing of into happy places, then 2 hours later BOOM meal time, everyone awake for some god damn MEAL.

Last emirates flight from dubai i had this issue.. funny thing is we got breakfast as well at the end of the flight coz it was morning,

I'm ex-RAF so I can always book a Tristar to pick me up from home and fly direct. The food's a bit dodgy though and these days no in-flight entertainment.

I really detest using the cheap headphones supplied by the airlines. It really annoys me that many airlines have a bespoke headphone jack just so people don't nick their crappy headphones.

I therefore bought myself a cheap headphone jack adapted so I can plug in my proper headphone. Bought on the interweb for less than a 100 Baht delivered I can't complain. Its the little things that can make a flight more bearable.

Edited by sleepingwithgosts