IGNORED

Another hotel advice thread

sleepingwithgosts

Hey Guys,

I'm heading to Pats again for a couple of weeks in early November and I am in a bit of a dilemma.

I've a budget of about 18,000 Baht for accommodation for the couple of week and after hours of research (literally) I have narrowed my choices down to the following hotels. I'm thinking of spending a week in two of the hotels. This would allow me to reduce the downside risk of any one of the hotels being below par.

- Sunshine hotel - Residence wing

- Nantra De Boutique hotel

- Bella Villa Prima

- Pattaya Bay Resort

Any recommendations guys?

Now to throw a spanner in the works. I've stayed in Page 10 on my first couple of visits an ideally it's my number one choice to stay again. I travel a fair bit for work and I'm generally not that picky when it comes to accommodation. For me however Page 10 is everything I would ideally look for. Am I crazy to spend an additional 10,000 Baht on this hotel? I just cannot justify the additional expense to myself. Choosing this hotel will no doubt require cuts to my budget to other areas of my holiday (or maybe not knowing me!). Is it worth it? I would just be annoyed with myself if my trip was not up to standard for the sake of a couple of hundred Yo Yo's either way.

One other point, I've emailed to a fair few hotels looking for deals or even just a quote, but I only received only one reply - Pattaya Bay Resort (no deal but a very professional response with 24hours which was appreciated). As this is my first busy season are hotels so busy that, in general they could not even be bothered to put a little effort into attracting new business? All they need is a standard reply "Thank for you enquiry, we are very busy, here is our quote"

It seems that you're a bit on a budget.

Then, why don't you book in a good guest house ? The quality will be nearly as good as a hotel, and you will save a lot of money.

I think hotels are interesting when you're looking for a high quality (August Suite, Baywalk, LKhotels, etc.) but when you bring down your budget under 1,500b per night, better stick to a guest house that will give you the same quality for 600b to 900b

BTW, good idea to book in 2 places ( 1 week each ).

On my 1st trip the hotel was Sandy Spring and the price now is B2,400 per day in peak season for a deluxe room (2000 when I stayed). I'm a bit older now and slightly wiser (I hope) and I don't pay those prices anymore.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

On the list Nantra de Boutique is the best choice, really nice standard room, and speciality or duplex rooms are incredible for the price, smooth jazz music around the pool and good restaurant, difficult to beat.

You can always stay with us,

Have rooms from 625 baht per night also get discount on 10+ days stay.

5 types of rooms, website will be up shortly

All brand New,

But for more info welcome to PM me

ALL ROOMS HAVE

Air-Conditioning 32 Inch LCD TV Fridge 6ltr Mini Bar Kettle

Wi-Fi Internet DVD/CD/MP3 Hot Water IDD Phone Utensils

Digital Safe Cable TV Hair Dryer Microwave Ensuite

24 HOUR CCTV CAMERAS, 24 HOUR RECEPTION, 24 HOUR SERVICE

You can always stay with us,

ALL ROOMS HAVE

You forgot to mention the first thing to worry about : location.

You forgot to mention the first thing to worry about : location.

Located on 3rd road, corner of Pattaya Tai and 3rd, everything is within walking distance or baht bus right at the door step