IGNORED

Pattaya from uk 35 days

Ds72145

Hi

Total newbie at this if I plan on being in pattaya for 35 days total do i require a visa and if so how do obtain it and how long does it take?

Really appreciate any help

Thanks

Dave

Hi

Total newbie at this if I plan on being in pattaya for 35 days total do i require a visa and if so how do obtain it and how long does it take?

You need a tourist Visa for stays longer than 30 days. You can acquire on at the Thai Consulate in Hull. UK BMs should have more information about the specifics of what they require as documentation and how long it takes.

Rgds.

"I'm on the side that's always lost

against the side of heaven.

I'm on the side of snake eyes tossed

against the side of seven."

You need to get a 60 day tourist Visa before you go.

Need to give them your passport, 2 photographs and a Visa forms.

You can do this at the Thai Embassy in London or one of the other offices.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Also a shit load of money.

:001_Sawasdee:

Another option would be to receive a 30-day entry stamp upon arrival in Bangkok. Then, a few days prior to that running out, head over to Cambodia on a visa run...many companies provide transportation there and back for approximately 2,500 THB. There's one I know of on Soi LK Metro that advertises daily visa runs for, I think, 2000 THB. Anyhow, when you cross into Cambodia and then back into Thailand, you will get a 15-day entry stamp. You see, coming into the country at an airport gives you 30 days and coming into the country via a land border crossing gives you 15 days. If you overstay your visa, I believe the fine is 20,000 THB (at least, that's what I saw it advertised as when I was going through Phuket airport last year).

What I'm not sure about is if the Immigration person at the airport would hassle you for having a return ticket to your home country 5 days after your initial 30 day entry stamp expires.

Hi

Really appreciate any help

Thanks

Dave

You can get the normal 30 day visa on arrival then go to Immigration and get an extra week so 37 days in total

you don't need a Cambodia visa run for the extra 5 days. Just pay for the extra week in Soi 5 Jomtien

Edited by seans

You can get the normal 30 day visa on arrival then go to Immigration and get an extra week so 37 days in total

you don't need a Cambodia visa run for the extra 5 days. Just pay for the extra week in Soi 5 Jomtien

Do notice that this involves possibly playing roulette with whether he will be allowed to board the plane. Some airlines will not let you board the plane unless you have a visa for the duration of your stay.

"I'm on the side that's always lost

against the side of heaven.

I'm on the side of snake eyes tossed

against the side of seven."