IGNORED

Speedboat to Koh Larn?

toomuch

My coming trip, I'm hoping, probably against logic, to be able to make a day trip or so to Koh Larn.

I know you can get the cheap ferry there, but, as an impatient bastard, who likes to go when I want, I'm wondering how much a speedboat should be?

Do the operators charge per person, per trip, or what.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

toomuch

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

They charge you for the boat (not p/p) between 1500 and 2000 , 2 way .

As jerry mentioned pay only around the 2k mark return trip....make sure they don't rip you off & start asking for 3/4k. My newbie friends paid 3500b last April...i was really pissed at them for not listening to me :SteamingMad:

Also the driver will ask for a tip as well...200b is plenty.

Yes, pay no more than 2k, another trick i fell into is that the boat driver ushered us into his mates bar when we got there, it was to close to where all the speed boats arrive and had a lot of fumes in the air, and the service was terrable! my fault for not thinking quickly enough and lesson learnt, so get off the boat and walk at least 300 meters up the beach.:Moon2:

<p>

i paid 1,500 , whilst it was just myself and my mate going out , coming back their was about 12 on the boat.

I much prefer the ferry, i love being on the water so a nice the ferry is a nice relaxing trip

Regular price is 2500 B. Important influence are how many people go and what beach name you want visit. Samoe beach is more expensive than Taewen beach

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Slow boat's fine , full of Russian totty and fantastic view of sin city coming back at sunset .

The speed boat dudes collaborate with each other and will kettle you and people off other speed boats into one boat so they can return to Pattaya to ply for more punters .

Edited by gullible

was wondering how much the speedboat to koh larn was myself. i think 2000 baht return would be fine if we could get 4 of us to chip in. i know myself and serpentine are gonna be going to koh larn in the first 2 weeks in september, anybody else fancy joining us.

Isn't there a 300 baht speedboat fare from Bali Hi Pier? Take the slow boat myself ......

How many can sit in the boats and would it still be 2-2.5k for 8 people? I rented one in Phuket a couple of years back for the day. Payed 9 thousand for it.

I think the ferry is god awful.. 40 baht, really cheap and you get what you pay for.. You get to wait in line and swelter at the pier. Then if your lucky you get herded onto the first boat. That's besides the walk out onto the pier and the travel to the pier how ever you get there. Then the rush for a decent seat and some times people do stand. Then usually it is an engine smoke filled ride to the dock. One time I had to take small boats from the ferry to the beach.. Then the worst part is doing it all over again on the way back except this time you are smelly, wet, tired, drunk and ready for a nap and then to be packed in like sardines is not an good end to a nice day.

Spend the money, get a small group and layout 2000 baht for 4 to 6 people. Less for 4 or less.. Negotiate.. Thais love to negotiate.. Nothing is free but everything is cheap..

Take the ferry it's so much more relaxing and only a 45 minute journey. Relax man relax!!

Slow boat's fine , full of Russian totty and fantastic view of sin city coming back at sunset .

The speed boat dudes collaborate with each other and will kettle you and people off other speed boats into one boat so they can return to Pattaya to ply for more punters .

:Agree1: save the 2000 baht and use the ferry. I'd rather spend the 2000 on an extra LT or taking 2 girls when I would have had 1

Thanks for the advice.

Seems 2000 baht is the maximum I should cough up. I do appreciate that many BM's prefer the ferry, but having been out to the pier a few times on an earlier trip for a dive course, the extra cost is fine by me.

There is a lot of waiting, walking and queuing involved in the ferries.

i know myself and serpentine are gonna be going to koh larn in the first 2 weeks in september, anybody else fancy joining us.

I'll be in Pattaya the first two weeks as well, so let me know when you're going. I may go more than once.

Oh, and as far as I know, you can still see the sunset from a fast boat.

Cheers,

toomuch

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

Thanks for the advice.

Seems 2000 baht is the maximum I should cough up. I do appreciate that many BM's prefer the ferry, but having been out to the pier a few times on an earlier trip for a dive course, the extra cost is fine by me.

There is a lot of waiting, walking and queuing involved in the ferries.

I'll be in Pattaya the first two weeks as well, so let me know when you're going. I may go more than once.

Oh, and as far as I know, you can still see the sunset from a fast boat.

Cheers,

toomuch

do you have a thai no, will call you and let you know when we are going.

Ferry's OK I done it a few times, last time I looked about a month ago the fare was 30Bt one way. If going solo or with a bird then ferry's way to go. But if got a group then sure take the speed boat.

I did it last year for Bt2,000. My tilak just asked the beach vendor where we were sitting close to Soi 13 and he arranged a boat for the next day at 11am. The boat stayed with us until about 4pm when we waved him in to pick us up. Much easier than the ferry.

Are there beaches on islands near Ko Larn that are completely private? Is it possible to get a boat to talk a couple to a secluded beach for a little nude swimming? if so, where and how much? I might like to try that with a gf in a few weeks.

I did it last year for Bt2,000. My tilak just asked the beach vendor where we were sitting close to Soi 13 and he arranged a boat for the next day at 11am. The boat stayed with us until about 4pm when we waved him in to pick us up. Much easier than the ferry.

I think it was really good price. Oh yes your teelak make price. How many people went to island please? Only you and your TG? Provided that only two persons I understand this low price.

1500 baht near the Dolphin

Really? What name of beach you has been visited? How many people and what time you go comeback? I made price 1 K but before six or seven years

Really? What name of beach you has been visited? How many people and what time you go comeback? I made price 1 K but before six or seven years

Went in a group of 3, I spent a good 30 mins walking the beach and asked most beach workers, most asking for 2000, some wouldn't take 1500 but had a guy accept 1500 for group of 3 and this was December 2010 high season

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

In my opinion its worth doing when in a big group s it does not work out to be too much if your sharing. Also hate waitng for the normal boat. its too sloooooooooooooooooooooow