IGNORED

Mr T taxi service from airpport

jayboat

Hi folks,

Leaving for pattaya next week and have always had someone sort my taxi out for me, i normally have agirl come and collect me but i fancy going from the airport alone this trip. I have emailed Mr T and asked for a taxi form the airport to pattaya, they emailed me back with a price quote of 1000baht which sounds pretty good to me. Just wondering if anyone else has used this service before. If so, do the drivers talk english, will they stop at a 7/11 for a few beers. Dont really care about the actual car to be honest as long as it gets me there.

Keep it creammy !!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jojomecanic

• On Borrowed Time

• thailearner

• Seedy

Used Mr T quite a few times now, not expensive, cars okay , drivers on time and not too mental, I'm sure stopping off not a problem

Just booked him for my next trip

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I've only used Mr T three times, but never had an issue.

The driver may not (probably won't) speak English, but stopping for beer should be no problem. Just ask them.

I think Mr T provides a good service - the car may not be a limo, but they do what they say, which is big step sometimes.

Cheers,

toomuch

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

Mr T taxi service? look at my TR i'll never use him.

Hi folks,

Leaving for pattaya next week and have always had someone sort my taxi out for me, i normally have agirl come and collect me but i fancy going from the airport alone this trip. I have emailed Mr T and asked for a taxi form the airport to pattaya, they emailed me back with a price quote of 1000baht which sounds pretty good to me. Just wondering if anyone else has used this service before. If so, do the drivers talk english, will they stop at a 7/11 for a few beers. Dont really care about the actual car to be honest as long as it gets me there.

Hi , In 2008 My mate and I in Bangkok , I arranged a pick up from dynasty hotel soi 4 to take us to Hua Hin cost 1800 baht from Mr toom, I had asked a regular red taxi and he had quoted 2000, both reasonable , but hired mr toom , driver turns up in an old top of range volvo.

Well having a last fling in BKK I woke up with my head up my arse and threw my shit together and checked out, about an hour after( my mate says longer} negotiating BKK traffic and hitting the freeway, I realised I had left my Fucking Wallet in the room safe, Cash T cheques and rest of credit cards, other than what was in my money belt which I paid the hotel with,so the driver turns off and drives back to hotel through loads of street short cuts, I retrieve

wallet intact in the safe still, with the cleaning girls laughing at me.

On arrival at Hua hin I expected the driver to ask for more than 1800 , but he said no problem, and I had to insist he take 200 for his extra trouble a good deal for me.

FYI the receptionist boyfreind, at the hotel we stayed at I cannot remember the name of did unofficial taxi runs to Pattaya which cost 2000 baht at the time, that LPG is cheap, anyway Mr tooms is good in my experience.

I'd guess they are used to stops at 7/11 etc,

I've used Mr T twice and have always had a driver waiting on time, last time I got an 8 seater people carrier

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Mr T taxi service? look at my TR i'll never use him.

Can't you just tell us your problem

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

I have used him from BKK , on time with a sign, no problems. For a 4 hour drive around to Nong Nooch and similar, no problems, to Bangkok to a hotel there, no problems, and when I left Bangkok he sent a car to the hotel, picked me and my ying up went to airport, took her back to Pattaya.

1000 for all trips, 1200 for the hotel/airport/Pattaya thing, and 250 per hour around Pattaya and points outside.

The driver may ask you if you want to stop, if not just wait for the huge left side of highway shopping plaza and say 7-11 as there are two of them there.

He's picking me up in two weeks as well.

Just write at least 48 hours before you arrive as he is no speed demon on the e-mail.

Thanks for the replys folks. Im gonna email them back in a few days to get it sorted then as most of your feedback seems to be ok.

Keep it creammy !!!

I used Mr. T many times and never any problems. I expect they will stop if you want and tip should reflect their accommodating any special requests. Always clean cars and decent drivers in my experience.

Common sense is not very common.

I've used Mr. T on my last 3 trips to Pattaya. Great service. I also use him going from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi.

I found most of the times I'm in a taxi to patts from the airport there's this place you pass through where there are lots of fast food shops and gas stations, 7-11s and Thai food shops, I don't know what the place is called, it's roughly half way and the drivers always ask me if I want a piss stop.

I.ve used mr.t taxis on the last 2 trips & found the service & price to be very good, like someone has already said he is not very swift on his email response,[ but give him a couple of days """]. Also used him when my girlfriend came over here last summer , pre arranged it with him to send the driver up to the room to carry her 2 cases down the 5 flights of stairs """, [ and they are steep """""]

Can't fault Mr T after my first experience with his service last trip.

BKK to Pattaya, driver was waiting where arranged. Had to stop for petrol on the way, so the driver bought chicken nuggets for me out of his own money as an apology for the slight delay. Delivered to the door of my hotel with no problems at all.

What really caught me was the day I was leaving Pattaya. I had a cab booked for 04:00 to catch an early flight, but around midnight the skies had opened, and you know what happens to the Soi's when it just keeps raining......

As departure time approached Soi Buakhao had turned into a knee deep river, and the flood was lapping over the top steps of my hotel. The only things moving by that stage were the occasional baht-buses, and it was getting a bit deep out there for them too. I figured I was rooted, as there was no way an ordinary car was going to get me out of there, I doubt that a car would have the reached the hotel in the first place. What did Mr T do? He sent a mini-bus, which backed up to the flooded steps so that I could climb in through the tailgate without getting wet. All for exactly the same price too.

Good service, good value, I'll be using Mr T again.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

i have just booked them for the first time but with all the good reviews i think it should be ok

Can't you just tell us your problem

He doesn't want to tell us his problem, he wants you to read his TR :P

Ok, summary :

as we approach motorway he began to drive so slow which was annoying told him to put his foot down he replied “that will cost you more money”.

i have just booked them for the first time but with all the good reviews i think it should be ok

I had no issues. when I arrived in BKK I saw 3 Mr T drivers waitin for customers (I didn't go with them then)

Then on way back, I walked across to their office the morning of departure, and they sent a driver over at 2pm (I was waiting from 1pm and he turned up at 1:20pm). So his early rival could have put some people out, but I was happy to go, and he was able to get a 3pm fare back to Pattaya.

Also note that it is now very easy to take a taxi meter. you can get it for 1,200b + highway toll (60b).

It is realy stressless.

What ever the day / time you arrive, just go one level at the escalator as you come out, and it is just there. The girl will tell you 1,500b to Pattaya, and just say 1,200b+60b. The driver is just next to her and will tell her it's ok if he sees you know the price. There are Taxis 24h, no need to book.

Used him twice and would use him agian no problem's at all they were on time. when i arrived immagration was packed he phoned to make sure i was there and waited patiantly no problem 1000baht including tolls from airport to pattaya

Hi , In 2008 My mate and I in Bangkok , I arranged a pick up from dynasty hotel soi 4 to take us to Hua Hin cost 1800 baht from Mr toom, I had asked a regular red taxi and he had quoted 2000, both reasonable , but hired mr toom , driver turns up in an old top of range volvo.

Well having a last fling in BKK I woke up with my head up my arse and threw my shit together and checked out, about an hour after( my mate says longer} negotiating BKK traffic and hitting the freeway, I realised I had left my Fucking Wallet in the room safe, Cash T cheques and rest of credit cards, other than what was in my money belt which I paid the hotel with,so the driver turns off and drives back to hotel through loads of street short cuts, I retrieve

wallet intact in the safe still, with the cleaning girls laughing at me.

On arrival at Hua hin I expected the driver to ask for more than 1800 , but he said no problem, and I had to insist he take 200 for his extra trouble a good deal for me.

FYI the receptionist boyfreind, at the hotel we stayed at I cannot remember the name of did unofficial taxi runs to Pattaya which cost 2000 baht at the time, that LPG is cheap, anyway Mr tooms is good in my experience.

Mr.Toom and Mr T are 2 different companies.

I emailed Mr Toom a few days before my last trip,got no response.

Edited by PattayaFanatic

Is it really necessary to organize a taxi to meet you at the airport? I never do and always have struck a deal within minutes of walking out of the arrival hall. I think last trip, 4 months ago, I paid 1200Bt to Patts, no extra charges. I was dead tired as I'd come off a night flight so I lie'd on back seat and dozed off, woke up in Soi Buakhao. lol...

Is it really necessary to organize a taxi to meet you at the airport? I never do and always have struck a deal within minutes of walking out of the arrival hall. I think last trip, 4 months ago, I paid 1200Bt to Patts, no extra charges. I was dead tired as I'd come off a night flight so I lie'd on back seat and dozed off, woke up in Soi Buakhao. lol...

I'm honestly thinking the same thing. I normally clear immigration and get my bags within about 15 minutes of stepping foot off the plane (power walk to get ahead, rarely have to line up more than a minute at immigration, and bags come quick) The last two times I've stood waiting for 30-40 minutes for my driver to show up (I think they usually wait turn up 45 minutes after flight arrival). It really fucking annoyed me to be standing there like a sap at 11:30pm at night.

I think I'm going to take my chances and walk straight downstairs and grab a regular taxi. 40 minutes of my time is worth more than the 200 baht difference

From all the reports of Mr T's service on this site, and others, I must say he gets a glowing tick of approval. I expect I will be using this service in Feb when I arrive in Patt's.

I'm honestly thinking the same thing. I normally clear immigration and get my bags within about 15 minutes of stepping foot off the plane (power walk to get ahead, rarely have to line up more than a minute at immigration, and bags come quick) The last two times I've stood waiting for 30-40 minutes for my driver to show up (I think they usually wait turn up 45 minutes after flight arrival). It really fucking annoyed me to be standing there like a sap at 11:30pm at night.

I think I'm going to take my chances and walk straight downstairs and grab a regular taxi. 40 minutes of my time is worth more than the 200 baht difference

That would piss me off big time standing around waiting for the taxi man. Did you pre-pay this guy? I don't like being locked into things, like to feel free to go here or there whenever it suits me.

That would piss me off big time standing around waiting for the taxi man. Did you pre-pay this guy? I don't like being locked into things, like to feel free to go here or there whenever it suits me.

Didn't prepay, but they were two different services (neither Mr T).

I thought about ditching them for a taxi, but was convinced they'd be here in a minute..... Never was...

Might just taxi it next time to Patts and use Mr T on return