IGNORED

Looking for a cheap BKK hotel/guesthouse close to Nana P

Chief General

I have never done Bangkok before but have decided to do one night straight off the plane.

Can anyone recommend somewhere half decent around 1000-1400 baht a night that is close enough to walk to Nana Plaza - bare in mind I don't know my way around BKK

Also, what is the best way to get from the Airport to BKK?, I don't fancy being stuck in any traffic.

thanks all

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

I have never done Bangkok before but have decided to do one night straight off the plane.

Can anyone recommend somewhere half decent around 1000-1400 baht a night that is close enough to walk to Nana Plaza - bare in mind I don't know my way around BKK

Also, what is the best way to get from the Airport to BKK?, I don't fancy being stuck in any traffic.

thanks all

For hotels, you can check www.agoda.com. Short list to Sukhumvit area. There are many hotels within your budget.

If your travelling light, best way is to use the Airport Sky-Train. Cheap and free from traffice jams.

Edited by stmapede

Your best bet is Nana hotel itself at 1490 baht includes breakfast and right in the action but be prepared to spend more than double for an evening that you will in Pattaya.

Then pop onto the BTS up the road a little, nana station to Ekkamai down the stairs to Ekkamai bus station, 117 baht to Pattaya or flag down a cab at Nana and offer 1000 baht to Pattaya, they may ask you to pay the motorway toll about 160 baht

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Come on, I just don't understand the appeal of the Nana other than location. Try Majestic Suites, Ibis, Heaven@4, City Lodge 9, Dynasty, Omni etc. All are solid ***s, clean, and in your budget. The Nana is nasty and has been for quite some time. wj

Come on, I just don't understand the appeal of the Nana other than location. Try Majestic Suites, Ibis, Heaven@4, City Lodge 9, Dynasty, Omni etc. All are solid ***s, clean, and in your budget. The Nana is nasty and has been for quite some time. wj

Sorry

I've asked a few people and was told if you only got one night in Bangkok then do Nana Plaza,

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Sorry

I've asked a few people and was told if you only got one night in Bangkok then do Nana Plaza,

Well they're incorrect ! Soi Cowboy is still far superior. Nana's getting better though & Soi 4 is a good area for daytime action. So it's a good area to bunk down. You're only a km & 1 BTS stop from SC too. I was referring to the 'Nana Hotel' (not Nana Plaza) and it's pretty shabby. Stay at Majestic Suites, Ibis, or Heaven@4. They're all in your price range. ps: Just found this place - http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/eightville/reviews.html?tgrp=0#reviewTop Brand new and it looks pretty damn good for 900B. wj

Edited by wackyjacky

• 2 weeks later...

Have stayed in Majestic suites and would recommend - As for site seeing i agree with wackyjacky - soi cowboy is like a concentrated mini Walking Street full of gogo - u will deffo find some stunning looking girls there (baccara / tilic )

But nana plaza can b fun as well - rainbow 4

if u have time check out thermae / gullivers /beer garden

have fun

• 1 month later...

1st Pick - DAWIN hotel

2nd Pick- The Aspen

3rd Pick- Majestic Suites

For a first time in Bangkok I would almost suggest Majestic Suites booked via Agoda- Print the Voucher- Show Address to Taxi when get to Airport. Walking distance to NEP, plus you can get to Cowboy easy from there.

• 2 weeks later...

I would certainly suggest Soi Cowboy if you only have one night to spend, but then again, you could do Nana Plaza from 20:00-22:00 and Soi Cowboy from 22:00-onwards to get impressions. But if you are going to choose, I would go to Cowboy, because the atmosphere there is nicer, less roomy, but more overwhelming.

To each his own, but I did find Nana more simpatico than SC. The few times I compared them on a same night basis, there were a lot more good-looking women at Nana, and the scene is just funkier. In a good way. Prices are way high compared to Patts in both places.

Definitely use the trains, unless you're hauling around big luggage.

City Line to Phaya Thai. Change to BTS On Nut. Get off at Nana (if that's your choice, exit southeast), or Asoke if you're headed to Cowboy.

Exit to the northeast and take the tunnel under Asoke. No point in threading your way through insane traffic.

Good advice about Ekkamai, but you can also go back on BTS toward Mo Chit and get off at Victory Monument. On the southwest side of the station, you'll find a gazillion commuter vans waiting to take you wherever you want to go for a very modest sum.