IGNORED

LK Renaissance or Tim Boutique?

capricorn

Hi guys,

Like every trip, I'd like to end in style and spend the last week in a nice hotel. I have never stayed at either, which one do you guys prefer? (Please restrict recommendations to these two places only, thanks)

Hey Capricorn,

I haven't stayed at LK Renaissance but was looking into last time. I ended up staying at Tim's Boutique. I liked it, it was up to the standard of Western hotels. Here's a link to the review. Hope this helps.

My link

Can't fault Tim Boutique. Stay there all the time in low season. Over Christmas / near year however prices are a joke!!

I have stayed in both and in my opinion Tims is the pick of the two.

The pool is much better in Tims and I found the rooms in LK are stating to look a little worn.

They are both in a great location and by no means is LK a bad hotel but I prefer Tims.

JD

Tim Boutique was the first hotel I ever stayed at Pattaya and never been back. I am a big fan of LK Renaissance, however it does have its problems as well.

Before, I continue I should say what is important to me in a hotel in order of priority and you can adjust accordingly:

1. Clean bathroom and bedroom

2. Good solid Internet for work purposes (plus streaming sports as I am big baseball/US football fan and want to watch my games via internet)

3. Strong Air Con

4. Big and soft bed (must fit at least 3)

5. Jacuzzi a big plus

6. No Joiner fees

7. Decent breakfast

Tim Boutique is a bit hard to find as it's nestled away from the street while LK Renaissance is right on Soi Diana. Actually, if you look for Tim Beer Bar/Go Go, Tim Boutique is right behind it and wished I knew the first time I went to Pattaya. I paid for a AOT driver from the airport and the driver did not know pattaya and took us too much time to find it. I recall the WiFi/Internet being very bad and something that you had to pay for. This was back in 2008/9 mind you. They might've upgraded by now. Internet is important for me per above. Breakfast was decent. Bed was a bit hard and I found the room dated. Jacuzzi was ok. Remember, this was the first hotel I ever stayed at in Pattaya and have not been back since primarly because overall impression was not bad just I found others I preferred.

LK Renaissance has a couple of different style rooms. I usually get the one-bedroom suite because I liked the extra space (so do the girls). I have stayed in all the other room as well and have always come back to the one-bedroom suite. As others have mentioned, LK Renaissnace has gone downhill a bit since I first stayed there. The water pressure can be weird and hard to know when the water is hot or cold. However, It's usually good enough. Everything seems a bit better at LK in terms of above and I like the idea of the Family Mart directly across the street from the hotel entrance. The only exception would be breakfast as Tim is probably a bit better.

I don't recall bringing more than one girl to Tim but LK Ren has no problems with number of girls you bring. I often bring 2 or 3 and like I said having the extra living room works our perfectly as I have an overflow room if the bed is too small.

Hope this helps! If you wanted to end in true style there are other hotels that are much better than these two and can be had for an slightly higher price especially in low season.

Both very good & have always been fine for me but tim is the number one out of the two IMO.

:001_Thank_You5:

Thanks for the input, guys. Seems like it'll be Tim, then. I wanted to stay there last year but there was some construction work next door so I didn't want to sleep with some noise nearby.

I stayed at Tim my second time to the LOS. The room I had was alright....nothing spectacular.

On the other hand...I really enjoyed all of my stays at LK Renaissance. This is now my hotel

of choice whenever I am in Thailand. Their 1-Bedroom suites seems to be popular with a lot

of BMs. Good rates, excellent staff!!

I stayed at Tim my second time to the LOS. The room I had was alright....nothing spectacular.

On the other hand...I really enjoyed all of my stays at LK Renaissance. This is now my hotel

of choice whenever I am in Thailand. Their 1-Bedroom suites seems to be popular with a lot

of BMs. Good rates, excellent staff!!

What he said :)

I have stayed in both hotels in different rooms and have no problem staying in either.

I do prefer LK myself. I like the bigger rooms, better tv, stereo, bigger fridge

and for me the staff in LK is great.

Regarding bringing back more than one girl I have done that in both hotels without

any problems – only reaction have been smile and thumbs up :ThumbUp6:

We actually meet shortly in July in sapphire and Pattaya Beergarden. To bad you didn’t

mention this as I was on a one month stay in LK one bedroom (my favorite) and you where

just around the corner.

You would have been welcome to stop by have a look.

Regarding rates be sure to contact the hotel directly.

Hope you are still enjoying your trip :Party1:

Tim Boutique was the first hotel I ever stayed at Pattaya and never been back. I am a big fan of LK Renaissance, however it does have its problems as well.

Before, I continue I should say what is important to me in a hotel in order of priority and you can adjust accordingly:

1. Clean bathroom and bedroom

2. Good solid Internet for work purposes (plus streaming sports as I am big baseball/US football fan and want to watch my games via internet)

3. Strong Air Con

4. Big and soft bed (must fit at least 3)

5. Jacuzzi a big plus

6. No Joiner fees

7. Decent breakfast

Tim Boutique is a bit hard to find as it's nestled away from the street while LK Renaissance is right on Soi Diana. Actually, if you look for Tim Beer Bar/Go Go, Tim Boutique is right behind it and wished I knew the first time I went to Pattaya. I paid for a AOT driver from the airport and the driver did not know pattaya and took us too much time to find it. I recall the WiFi/Internet being very bad and something that you had to pay for. This was back in 2008/9 mind you. They might've upgraded by now. Internet is important for me per above. Breakfast was decent. Bed was a bit hard and I found the room dated. Jacuzzi was ok. Remember, this was the first hotel I ever stayed at in Pattaya and have not been back since primarly because overall impression was not bad just I found others I preferred.

LK Renaissance has a couple of different style rooms. I usually get the one-bedroom suite because I liked the extra space (so do the girls). I have stayed in all the other room as well and have always come back to the one-bedroom suite. As others have mentioned, LK Renaissnace has gone downhill a bit since I first stayed there. The water pressure can be weird and hard to know when the water is hot or cold. However, It's usually good enough. Everything seems a bit better at LK in terms of above and I like the idea of the Family Mart directly across the street from the hotel entrance. The only exception would be breakfast as Tim is probably a bit better.

I don't recall bringing more than one girl to Tim but LK Ren has no problems with number of girls you bring. I often bring 2 or 3 and like I said having the extra living room works our perfectly as I have an overflow room if the bed is too small.

Hope this helps! If you wanted to end in true style there are other hotels that are much better than these two and can be had for an slightly higher price especially in low season.

Holy crap man,this post could have been written by me!!...even down to when you first stayed there!!..lol

I...well i was going to say pretty much the same as yourself.

But you forgot to mention that the wifi at LK is great and the cleaning ladies are very understanding about when and when not to come knocking...not to mention they are very nice and friendly too(in a purely platonic way!!)

Room service is great quality,and you can get your complimentary b/fast delivered for free.

I really miss the pool at Tims,as i like to swim laps in the deluded belief that this classies as "keeping fit" in my world...no matter how much i drink the night before.

I tend to stay at least 3 weeks,and my major word of advice is DONT get a girl from the Beer bars over the street early in your stay...the guilt got to me evry time i pranced a Walking Street stunner past my second night Isaan paddy princess every night ):

Definatly booking LK next time.

Holy crap man,this post could have been written by me!!...even down to when you first stayed there!!..lol

I...well i was going to say pretty much the same as yourself.

But you forgot to mention that the wifi at LK is great and the cleaning ladies are very understanding about when and when not to come knocking...not to mention they are very nice and friendly too(in a purely platonic way!!)

Room service is great quality,and you can get your complimentary b/fast delivered for free.

I really miss the pool at Tims,as i like to swim laps in the deluded belief that this classies as "keeping fit" in my world...no matter how much i drink the night before.

I tend to stay at least 3 weeks,and my major word of advice is DONT get a girl from the Beer bars over the street early in your stay...the guilt got to me evry time i pranced a walking street stunner past my second night Isaan paddy princess every night ):

Definatly booking LK next time.

Yes the wifi at LK works well enough. I absolutely agree about the cleaning ladies. They are all great and no problems giving me extra towels for all those extra guests!

Have stayed at both...

Tims is good but LK is great

I pay the extra and get a suite....