Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Anyone been questioned in detail at your home country airport immigration after vacation?

QuotaMan

Just wondering if anyone else has been questioned in detail (at your home airport immigration area) after a Thailand trip.

This last trip was the first time in 7 trips to Thailand where the immigration officer questioned me in further detail about my trip. Previously, the officer just checked my passport and form, and sent me on my merry way. This time the guy asked me how long I was in Thailand, and he seemed a bit taken aback that I only had my backpack for the trip. I told him the truth, that I buy my clothes in Thailand to save having to check in and lug another baggage around. He also asked me what I was doing in Thailand and I said it was a holiday vacation (which it was). So then he sends me to another area where another officer asks me more questions and thoroughly inspects my backpack. He asked the same sorts of questions, what I was doing in Thailand, etc. I told him I was visiting a girlfriend, which was sort of true.

I'm just wondering if it's now considered 'suspicious' to visit Thailand around twice a year. Are they cracking down on 'sex tourists?' I know some countries are cracking down on underage sex in foreign countries, which I wholeheartedly welcome. But what if if they tried to 'coax' out of me that I was on a mongering trip? Is it that bad or suspicious that I choose to visit a country I enjoy vacationing in? Are they looking for drug mules?

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pubstud

• THAJEC

• QuotaMan

• kansuwan

Yes I was stopped & searched 10 times out of 12 trips on the bounce some time back.

They went through every thing & even asked about my private life.

:001_Sawasdee:

Yes I was stopped & searched 10 times out of 12 trips on the bounce some time back.

They went through every thing & even asked about my private life.

Wow that's a lot.

I wonder what they are suspecting? Drugs? Trying to get us to admit we are mongering?

Official Pattaya Song

Wow that's a lot.

I wonder what they are suspecting? Drugs? Trying to get us to admit we are mongering?

Paedophile profiling in action.

there is law that bush signed into law with condi rice smiling about it,that says basically if you go to another country and disobey the american laws in a foreign country, they can if they want prosecute you in america. this was lauded as a wonderful way to crack down on pedophiles but in reality it could be used to prosecute you for sex tourism..

this was signed without much fanfare and i cannot believe that it will ever be used for anything except underage sex stings, but it could be.

So if you fit a certain profile, old, fat, balding and going to enjoy life too much i would watch what i said to these nazis that can look at your computer, can bust your secret codes, and look at stuff that you erased if they are so motivated to do so..

Remember a little power in a little person, can be dangerous.

I'm guessing that now the US have put Thailand on the "terrorist" watch list it's gonna get a whole lot worse (particularly for US citizens and her allies e.g. the UK)

Expect to be searched more frequently is what Im expecting....

DIEU ET MON DROIT

Wow that's a lot.

They go for guys who fly loads as they must think we are Mules or smugglers I think.

They never asked about my sex life just my money & finances.

They also wanted to know why I travel alone but carry Ladies clothing in my Suite case.

They looked so pissed of that I was a Mr Clean & they said thank you & on your way.

That said a few times they did piss me of & keep' t me for fucking hours.

Now I shit in my pants & make sure I have enough pairs so they get the message that there is no shit with me just shit in my suite cases. LOL.

I never had some problems with immigration officer i my country. Reason is also that my country is second country when I coming home. Usually I enter to European union in Austria or Germany.Some question I got from customs officer about import goods every time. But common questions nothing special.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

you no if there giving you a hard time at customs coming back home you dont have to answer any of there questions. they can not refuse you entry back home.they will bring you out back ransack your stuff try to intimidate you.under the us constitution you have the right not to incriminate yourself so if there giving you a hard time and have time to kill tell them your not going to answer any more questions

you no if there giving you a hard time at customs coming back home you dont have to answer any of there questions. they can not refuse you entry back home.they will bring you out back ransack your stuff try to intimidate you.under the us constitution you have the right not to incriminate yourself so if there giving you a hard time and have time to kill tell them your not going to answer any more questions

I no recommend this way. It is same as start play game with fire. If you want next stonewalling and investigation from customs and immigration up to you.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I get it about every other trip. pulled aside and have all my bags emptied and gone through. one time they even tore the lining out of my bags! I also get interviewed by about 3 to 4 different agents during this time-asking the same questions over and over again. I usually go for a month and somtimes 2-they seem to fine this curious. always get asked how I can do this with work. I don't work I tell them. they don't seem to like that response (I'm 52). one guy asked me where I get my money. I responded, "the bank, where do you get yours?" that got me sent right over to the search lane.

One thing I found was if I put that i am declaring nothing upon return (on the customs form) it will get me searched for sure. after so many trips to thailand I've bought just about all of the souvineers I can use. To stop this, I usually put down a few things like shirts/hats etc.

It's never any fun but now I always make sure I have at least 2 hours or more of lay over time. feels like I'm on the list.

worst thing I've got in the bags is some dirty knickers....

a real waste of time on their part.

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

yes last time back to the states in April this year ,Got the guy a little pissed off and he called his boss on me . Asked how long I was in Thailand ---I don't know maybe a few weeks . Asked me "you don't know how long you was gone --No maybe 14 days or so . How much money do you have --maybe a few grand . So you don't know how much money you have --I said a few grand ,I don't keep track . How many times you been to Thailand --you have my passport look it up . What was you doing in Thailand --drinking and partying . How many times have you been ---I said look it up your going to do it any way ..................Then he called the boss and I told him lets go to the back room here and I will get naked and you can toss my bag and we will get this over with . He told me to leave the area and calm down . I told him his boy had no right to ask me any thing like he did ,and the offer still stood about me getting buck ass naked and tossing my bag . He then told me to move on he did not want to look in my bag and there was no need for me to get naked -------------------------- Still mad at that little fat ass dick head in Detroit

Edited by dinger

None

Had all my stuff rifled through coming home through Seattle once. I always makes sure to not do laundry the last week I'm there so ALL my clothes have some tropical funk just in case these guys decide to hassle me.

Never had any hassle comping in thru SFO though.

Last time I refused point blank to answer an investigators questions I ended up with a 15 month stretch !! (true)

If you've got a perfectly innocent story then for fucks sake speak up !!

You must be courteous and cooperative with customs and immigration, in Australia these people have extraordinary powers, piss them off and they can make your arrival a misery, order a cavity search, fine you on the spot for trivial shit.

Usually my arrivals back at Perth are hassle free but every now and then some asshole will scribble some shit on my arrival card and I get the works. What pisses me off most is how they pull all your stuff out of your cases/bags, find nothing, and say on your way, and expect you to be off just like that. I'm usually there for another 10 minutes repacking.

Yea I try to be as calm and cooperative as possible.

I know we have rights but I let these immigration guys do their jobs with as minimum hassle as possible.

Looks like a fair share of us do get chosen from time to time.

Official Pattaya Song

"Looks like a fair share of us do get chosen from time to time"

I thought I was a bit of a target coming back from SE Asia frequently. But recently my 89 year old mum came flew from a holiday in UK and got every bag opened, every item of clothing taken out, all her meds looked at, she was questioned about all her meds. It makes you fucking wonder. Yes mate - 89 year old ladies travel with a suitcase full of meds - that's how come they're still alive at 89.

You must realise that for most of these people, a sex tourist is a paedophile. It's got nothing to do with legal age. They know they cannot prosecute you for having sex with 18+, but it is a kind of perversion for them, and they think it is only a matter of time until the day the law will enable them to arrest you for these pervert acts.

Thanks to the medias, nowadays having sex while traveling = sex tourism = paedophilia for most people.

I'm lucky, France custom is "no hassle" for this (up to now). We've still got the right to meet girls for money overseas, but won't last long...

Edit : BTW, how many FBI are reading along this board ?... I'm sure we're under survey.

Edited by jojomecanic

Hmm, must be lucky. Multiple trips to Costa Rica, Melbourne OZ, and now 7-8 trips to LOS and never had so much as a delay, YET.

I always am polite and humble to customs and Immigration, both directions.

Chat them up a little bit if they don't have a nasty look on there face. Most of all, I always say

"I had a great holiday, but there is no place like home" or some such statement. One time I noticed that one male had a millitary looking laptop case. Turns out he was a afgaan vet, mentioned my service and was on my way with a "Thank you for your service" I replyed in kind.

Just what has worked for me so far.

PS all trips to CR were via Miami, and trips to OZ and LOS were from LAX.

PPSS To mil vets well active retired, the USO is fantastic at LAX, free, food, showers, a quiet place to rest if ya have a long lay-over, TV, internet, free soda coffee, and open 24/7

Edited by marko456

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

Over the last 10 years I have not had much hassle, first few trips I only had crry on bag going through customs one cocky young officer says to me "how was the golf" my reply good, I nearly got a hole in one.

twice they have opened my carry on but just looked in with no rummaging through the contents.

Another time was funny the Customs officer goes through the drill

Officer: "Did you sign this declaration Sir"

Me: Yep

officer: " Ok I need to look in your bag"

he has a look in there and find one of those toys shaped like a tomato that you throw on the floor and they go flat , then regain their shape that the street hawkers sell, lol he apologised and sent me on my way.

I think they are mainly looking for drugs and couriers and people taking money out of the country to purchase or setting up deals. IMHO.

I'm a blues musician and one time I had a small case with about 10 harmonicas in it, all in different keys, Mr Custom man was stumped on that and asked why I had so many. I told him - different keys. He still had trouble with that and kept looking at them and said - I can't understand why you have so many. This guy also pulled me up for having 2 watches - one being a divers watch and the other a dress watch. I sometimes wonder about the IQ of some of these customs officers in Australia.

When I come back from Thailand usally just a few questions maybe afew more the last time, but no big deal. Once I went to Myanmar,

my bags were the 1st ones down the shoot I grabbed them went right to customs making a statement about being the 1st one out. They

were questioning me, made a big deal out of a steak knife with a fork and spoon, checked me on coputer, and going through everything.

About 3/4 of the way through the boss said never mind let him go. Other than that they have treated me well and the only other times I had to get checked were when I declaired something. Even then they seldom searched much just enough to verify what I declaired.

I always try to be polite and respectful.

One time when I was leaving they came out asked how much money I had, then if he could count it, I said sure go ahead. Good thing I knew what I had and was honest. He could of had my checked bag pulled out if he suspected more than 10 large. Coming home you can waste time, going there you do not want to miss your flight.

I've always found when getting questioned by customs/police/authorities it pays to act a bit dense. The last thing they like is a smart ass. So I usually be quiet, say the absolute minimum, and act a bit simple. I think it works.

Many years ago we met a couple on their honeymoon in Bali. We found out later that he was a Federal Cop and his missus worked in the payroll section of customs. He had a subsidised trip and his job was to observe people before they got on the plane. When it arrived he was first off and sat watching on CCTV. There was one arsehole on our flight who was married and had 3 kids. He spent the entire trip making a cunt of himself. He would tell girls that blokes were sneaking around behind their backs or that a bloke was carrying VD. Basically nearly everyone of us at some time wanted to smack his fucking head in. Anyway he tried to sleaze onto this blokes missus when he was off with me hiring motorbikes. His wife , at least 15 years younger than the slimeball, told her husband. When they went through customs Gary told his customs mates and they started with a few questions and true to form he was a smartarse. They then proceeded to let his missus and kids through and told her that they would be some time. So she pissed off and left him (they lived 2 hours drive away}. Toothpaste etc was examined, every shirt ripped, shoes cut up, cavity searches etc. They kept him there until 4.am and then Gary walked in and told him to be a bit more selective about who he tried to chat up

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.