Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Question about english courses

chuchwow1968

Hey all.

I got an email from a girl asking for money for a school that teaches English.

Just curious if anyone know what the "actual" prices are for learning English in Pattaya .

From the email I got she's asking for about 30,000 baht total.Seems like a whole lot of money..and i will have some emergency car repairs that will prevent me from sending any money,,and if my car ain't broken i will bust it up myself.

Thanks in advance

Chuck

Hey all.

Just curious if anyone know what the "actual" prices are for learning English in Pattaya .

From the email I got she's asking for about 30,000 baht total.Seems like a whole lot of money..and i will have some emergency car repairs that will prevent me from sending any money,,and if my car ain't broken i will bust it up myself.

Thanks in advance

Chuck

I'm not to sure, but my girl asked the samething, but she only asked for 8000baht. I think she said it was for 20 hours of school. 30000 seems like alot to me. My girl is a BG, but I actually trust her..she has never asked for money besides that...I would ask her how long the school is and is there anything cheaper...do you trust her?

I'm not to sure, but my girl asked the samething, but she only asked for 8000baht. I think she said it was for 20 hours of school. 30000 seems like alot to me. My girl is a BG, but I actually trust her..she has never asked for money besides that...I would ask her how long the school is and is there anything cheaper...do you trust her?

She said it takes about 6 months..and No i don't really trust her..just met her this past trip..don't trust any of them really.

I will ask her about cheaper prices..seemed wayy high to me for an English course

Hey all.

Thanks in advance

Chuck

Chuck - depends how long the course is. My wife did a 9am-3pm, 5 days per week course for 9 months. That was 20,000.

If its a one year course with similar hours then 30k might not be too far off the mark. She had mixed teachers (some Thai some English) and it was a classroom scenario.

As a guidline its worth remembering that many Thai Universities are only 20,000 a year but individual tuition can pump this up.

If she is getting 1 on 1 private tuition that is more expensive. Also English teachers are more expensive than Thai teachers.

Let us know a bit more "detail" and we can be a bit more constructive in the answers.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Hey all.

Thanks in advance

Chuck

saying your car needs repairing tells me your not trusting wot she says

more info on how long you known her how many times you seen her

has she asked for money before ????

Edited by pauljo

พอล

babydollsaddict.gif

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/38.jpg&text=the%20party%20starts&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=11&day=21&hour=15&minute=30&second=27&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

on my last trip in aug,a girl told me it is about 4000 thb for 20 hours of english.

hope that helps.

ever figured she's bullshitting you??

that's what i'm thinking!

why don't you ask for the details of the school and pay them directly that way she's not tempted to spend the $ on something else. Maybe offer her an incentive and tell her you'll pay her another x amount if she does well.

Thanks for the replies,

Yeas I did figure she was bullshitting me ..LOL

Good idea ,I'll ask her about the school and see if she can give me the info on what school it is and the contact information.

Chuck

No i don't really trust her..just met her this past trip..don't trust any of them really.

Then why in the world would you consider sending her money?

I don't think I'm going to send any..I think of it as more of a part of the game..

I would like to keep in contact with her.but as it goes..they always have some kind of problem to deal with that requires you send money.

Maybe i just shouldn't ask for emails..How do you guys deal with the ones asking for money?

the EasiLearn Language School in Soi buakaow near my apartment charges 50 baht per hour for english lessons in a class of upto six. From memory, its 110 baht per hour for one on one. this is for 20 hours. they are very good and I know a couple of people who have been there (including me for thai lessons)

a lot of guys who have paid for six/9 months find that the TG gets bored and chucks it in. they dont want to do the homework and drop out. It may be an idea to get her a 20 hour one on one course and see how she copes with it??

How do you guys deal with the ones asking for money?

Some guys immediately break off ties when they get asked for money, I personally don't mind. I don't fool myself about what they are and what they see in me, If I was in their place I'd probably give it a try. When asked for money I just tell them I'm a poor farong and can't spare it. I have never sent a girl money.

yea i really don't wanna lose contact with some of these girls,but in the same respect if they get money from me it will delay my trip back...and that shit ain't happeneing!!