IGNORED

How to get cheap flights to Thailand

dan_j123

Hello, I have seen a similar post on here but it seems to be specific to Australia. Apologies if this annoys anybody.

I live in England and will be flying from any London airport and plan to spend 13 nights from 21-DEC-2011 returning on 03-JAN-2012. Last time I went to Thailand was in June 2010 and I paid £450 round trip from LHR with Kingfisher (Would recommend) and only had to change once which I thought was a great deal, although I understood this time (June) to be low season in Thailand.

Using the same comparison website as my June trip last year (www.moneysupermarket.com) I was shocked to find that prices have doubled to get to Thailand for the dates specified above.

My results are as followed;

£830 - £950 = at least one stop on average 22 hours each way

£951 - £1,050 = one stop on average 18 hours each way

£1,154 = direct flight with British Airways

Can anyone advise on any cheaper options;

Is this genrally what you have to pay to travel from England to Thailand this time of year?

Has anyone (English) travelled to Paris for example, or anywhere else in Europe and flown from there?

Am I searching too soon, would it be cheaper to book my flight say a month or even a week before my departure instead of now?

Thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated....

I live in England and will be flying from any London airport and plan to spend 13 nights from 21-DEC-2011 returning on 03-JAN-2012. Last time I went to Thailand was in June 2010 and I paid £450 round trip from LHR with Kingfisher

That is the difference between low season and extra high season.

You are looking to go over Christmas and New year which are the most costly times to go to Thailand. The flights will be more, the hotels will be more, even the girls will be more.

If you can postpone for a few weeks the prices are more normal. If not then you will just have to cough up.

Direct with Thai air is about £1000 for that period.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Unfortunately as you have just found out you plan on going at the most exspensive time of the year, not only do flight prices increase but also hotel prices too and even the bgs get in on this too. Dec /Jan months are very similar with all air lines, but keep trying cos you might find a little cheaper but not much, try www.ebookers.com.

Alot of my friends and bms never go around christmas time because these high prices for air fares, you can enjoy yourself alot more in June and can save hundreds of pounds on air fares and hotels, plus its low season so alot less tourists and more ladies :D

Hello, I have seen a similar post on here but it seems to be specific to Australia. Apologies if this annoys anybody.

I live in England and will be flying from any London airport and plan to spend 13 nights from 21-DEC-2011 returning on 03-JAN-2012. Last time I went to Thailand was in June 2010 and I paid £450 round trip from LHR with Kingfisher (Would recommend) and only had to change once which I thought was a great deal, although I understood this time (June) to be low season in Thailand.

Using the same comparison website as my June trip last year (www.moneysupermarket.com) I was shocked to find that prices have doubled to get to Thailand for the dates specified above.

Is this genrally what you have to pay to travel from England to Thailand this time of year?

Has anyone (English) travelled to Paris for example, or anywhere else in Europe and flown from there?

Am I searching too soon, would it be cheaper to book my flight say a month or even a week before my departure instead of now?

I just booked my flights to BKK: 8 Dec'10 out ---> Returnung to LHR 3 Jan'11 with one stop over with Jet Airways for £750

I just booked my flights to BKK: 8 Dec'10 out ---> Returnung to LHR 3 Jan'11 with one stop over with Jet Airways for £750

:wacko: fly out 8th December 2010 return 3rd January 2011 ???

Yes flying between 10 Dec & 1 Jan attracts a premium. I've always used travelsupermarket (aka money supermarket) & have always got a good price. I flew out with Jet on, I think, 13 Dec 09 & paid the think end of £1000.

I was looking at flights from Sept, as I was expecting some money to come through & all the prices were as cheapish (~£600) for those dates. However, the money was delayed by 2 months & I had to pay the higher premium as I booked in Nov. Bugger!

Things may have changed since then, but my advice is wait until Sept (no longer!) & the price may come down; booking early also, strangely, attracts a premium. :Dunno1:

Good luck. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

Just keep looking ...

Bucket shops seem to get their allocations on Mondays and then the price can drop significantly.

Unfortunately as you have just found out you plan on going at the most exspensive time of the year, not only do flight prices increase but also hotel prices too and even the bgs get in on this too. Dec /Jan months are very similar with all air lines, but keep trying cos you might find a little cheaper but not much, try www.ebookers.com.

Alot of my friends and bms never go around christmas time because these high prices for air fares, you can enjoy yourself alot more in June and can save hundreds of pounds on air fares and hotels, plus its low season so alot less tourists and more ladies :D

My last trip to Thailand was in June and was superb, everything I thought it would be, never made it to Pattaya in the end but plan to visit both this time around, Pattaya for the bulk. The only thing missing from my visit in June was the weather - hot but cloudy and random rain.

I've kind of got my heart set on these dates tbh and will just have to pay the price, not just beacuse the weather will be better but the idea of spending yet another lame xmas with my family instead of sitting by the pool, having fun, with some rum in the sun is a very sad thought....

Thanks!

Things may have changed since then, but my advice is wait until Sept (no longer!) & the price may come down; booking early also, strangely, attracts a premium. :Dunno1:

Good luck. :GoldenSmile1:

Yes! I've noticed this too...

Just keep looking ...

Bucket shops seem to get their allocations on Mondays and then the price can drop significantly.

Interesting... thanks

Very expensive as earliest high season price comes in 9th december and the rest on the 11th December for the Christmas trade.

My last trip to Thailand was in June and was superb, everything I thought it would be, never made it to Pattaya in the end but plan to visit both this time around, Pattaya for the bulk. The only thing missing from my visit in June was the weather - hot but cloudy and random rain.

I've kind of got my heart set on these dates tbh and will just have to pay the price, not just beacuse the weather will be better but the idea of spending yet another lame xmas with my family instead of sitting by the pool, having fun, with some rum in the sun is a very sad thought....

Thanks!

Depends on your view of the weather being better. December can be decidely cool at times with sun low(er) in the sky and some of the swimming pools somewhat chilly !

I just checked Travelpack they were £791 for your dates via cairo, not a lot better but at least in the right direction :)

You're a long time dead

I just checked Travelpack they were £791 for your dates via cairo, not a lot better but at least in the right direction :)

just tried opodo £657 it gets better the more you look

You're a long time dead

Check out the following search engine. It does not sell tickets but has specific instructions regarding purchasing through agents (dial a flight opodo etc )

Matrix

Gulf are showing at £670 on your dates and Opodo has some flights at £657 with BMI/Transaero.(total journey duration quite reasonable for an indirect flight ) You could always give Aeroflot a call as they quote from £440

alright mate i payed £600 in february for my xmas flights with royal jordanian airlines the price now is £1555 you haveto get in there quick pal,hope you get one mate.

• 7 years later...

You intend to fly during the high season, it's not likely you'll find cheap flights for that time. If it is alright with you, you can try booking a flight out on the day itself. 

Or fly budget airlines for a cheaper price on your ticket; flying red-eye might also help save on the cost of travel.