Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bay Breeze Hotel

Scand

I am presently staying at the Bay Breeze Hotel, located in Soi Honey Inn near Second Road. This is quite a good location, close to both Soi Diana and Beach Road, and only a short distance from Soi 7, Soi 8 and the cheap bars at New Plaza. The rooms are clean, spacious and inexpensive (700 B, with a lower weekly rate). I am very pleased with this hotel and can recommend it to other members.

Edited by Scand

I was thinking about trying this hotel, but it gets some pretty bad reviews on TripAdvisor. Some call it "hotel of Horror" and some says it's not clean, full of bugs and mice and very noisey. Are you sure you want to recommend this hotel? The location is good though.

I think there is a lot of better options around these days, unless they have spent some money on it.

... it gets some pretty bad reviews on TripAdvisor. Some call it "Hotel of Horror" and some says it's not clean, full of bugs and mice and very noisy.

This sounds like unjustified criticism to me. The Bay Breeze is a clean, well-run hotel with a friendly staff. I have seen neither bugs nor mice, and it's located on a relatively quiet soi, with no blaring bar music, for example.

Edited by Scand

Have used the Bay Breeze a few times

But not lately,

The location is good Soi Honey can be fun, most of the staff are fine

They used to have in room safes, now the are behind reception

And they have installed cctv cameras all over hotel

I was reading on line that one of the staff was seen on camera entering a room and stole

from the room ,he was seen on camera and no action against him was taken

ps be careful opening and closing the wardrobe doors . they usually fall off

Overall the hotel is ok, in a good location

I don't think it is a good idea to leave unlocked valuables in the room at any hotel. But I am satisfied with the security at the Bay Breeze: they have safety deposit boxes in the reception that allow you to use your own lock, and the boxes are accessible at all times. The reception is open 24 - 7, and girls normally leave their id's before going up to the rooms. - I agree that the wardrobes ought to be upgraded, as the sliding doors sometimes do not open smoothly. But they have not actually fallen off in the rooms I have stayed in.

Edited by Scand

• 1 month later...

But I am satisfied with the security at the Bay Breeze: they have safety deposit boxes in the reception that allow you to use your own lock, and the boxes are accessible at all times.

Sounds like you were lucky. There are numerous reports of theft by staff members from this hotel.

bb69

Stayed at Bay Breeze the first 2 years to Pattaya, but now stay a Jasmine hotel. off Walking St. Close to the action, cheap, around the 550 to 1050 baht per night off season, clean, good staff (IMHO)

babydollsaddict.gif

i have stayed here on every trip too pattaya, have never had a problem, but on one occasion did here of something gettiing knocked off by a staff member, i guess it could happen in any hotel in thailand.

i don't know if i'm too lazy too find another hotel but at the moment i will continue to stay here, never seen rats or had a problem with bugs and the staff here are friendly enough.

• 2 weeks later...

bay breeze is a shit hole . rude bitches on the reception . a security fat gurad who thinks hes a cop and maids who rob from the fridge and its added in the guests bill!

stay away!

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel in September.....l thought it was really good value at 700bht a nite.....only complaint l had is it took a while for them to finalise the end bill, but as l was not in a great rush l was not too bothered.

The reception staff don't appear to be the sharpest knives in the kitchen, that has to be said.....but l wouldn't say no to staying there again.

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

bay breeze is a shit hole . rude bitches on the reception . a security fat guard who thinks hes a cop and maids who rob from the fridge and its added in the guests bill!

I stayed there for four weeks in August and do not recognize this description. The people in the reception were always polite and friendly, the security guard - who was not fat - just attended to his business, and the maids were hard-working, pleasant and helpful, hardly the type that would take food from anyone's fridge. I found the Bay Breeze to be a completely acceptable accommodation in Central Pattaya.