Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Help translate ปา�ดี (Bpaak dee)

lavezzi

ปากดี bpaak dee seems not to mean "good mouth".

Could some1 explain me the meaning cause my thai girl actually is unable to do :P

Edited by lavezzi

Man is the only animal that can establish a friendly relationship with his victims

"when people say something that you shouldn't say or give opinion that you should not give, or give the opinion in a bad way, and make that person not so happy ... it can be used as someone being sarcastic, or flippant, or loose-mouth."

"when people say something that you shouldn't say or give opinion that you should not give, or give the opinion in a bad way, and make that person not so happy ... it can be used as someone being sarcastic, or flippant, or loose-mouth."

Interestingly, I read this thread yesterday and soon afterwards went out for the day with mia noi (GF not around) in a taxi, driven by a personal friend of ours. Now the lady I was with, has this thing about look after. Weather a bit warm, I keep getting a water bottle thrust at me - gin naam, get up in the morning, or just before bed I have to take my medication so it's gin yaa Fuss, fuss, fuss. (Not complaining, I love it) We'd just stopped at a garage to fill up with petrol, I'd popped out for a quick cigarette, get back in the car and had the little bit about too much suu buurii, then gin naam, so the driver lady starts laughing gin naam, gin naam. and then says to me Thip (name of mia noi) bpaakdee. I would not have understood if I hadn't read this thread! So it also means nag, or a person who nags, but kind of in a good well meaning way in this situation

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

You just gotta love these Thai sayings.

You learn the language and then you have to re-learn it to understand it.

I have never heard this before but it makes sense in a Thai way. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

You just gotta love these Thai sayings.

You learn the language and then you have to re-learn it to understand it.

I have never heard this before but it makes sense in a Thai way. :)

Same here, this is new to me.

• 5 weeks later...

It means to speak good about someone. Or you could say "bpaak\ may^ dii" to bad mouth someone.

It relates to gossiping or giving an opinion about someone.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

There's also the famous 'bpaak waan' = 'sweet mouth', meaning flatterer or sweet talker, which also means the opposite of the literal translation.

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

some 1 say to you: "alai wa?" (WTF YOU WANT)

you say:"paak dee"

imho "paak dee" seems to mean "dont speak bad"

Man is the only animal that can establish a friendly relationship with his victims

• 4 weeks later...

in certain situation it could mean 'talking shit' or 'running your mouth'

it could be used in a playful way to convey 'you're not gonna do what you're saying'

LOS!

its a negative... it means to speak arrogantly. to talk a good game or be over confident in your words.

It seems to come from guard dogs that bark well - หมาปากดี - forum thais talk about it

that forum says it basically means the same as ปากเสีย which is defined in thai and english here

longdo dict

According to my Thai translator it means -"a good pen"!

ปากดี - A good pen.

pen is ปากกา It means literally crow's mouth or beak, refering to the nib that old fashioned pens used to have. so good pen is ปากกาดี

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

pen is ปากกา It means literally crow's mouth or beak, refering to the nib that old fashioned pens used to have. so good pen is ปากกาดี

Nice one matey. Now I know what to say to my 14 year old students when they keep using a pencil. :Disease:

sgu_banner.gif