IGNORED

Want To Buy Star Alliance or Eva Air miles (Thai Air or Eva Air)

bestmate

Hi, Looking to purchase a one way ticket from Bkk to London for end of this month or early Sept and cheapest deal i can get at present is around 18k bht one way.

Now, if you have spare/expiring points you do not need then i will buy them off you (transfer points or issue me a 1 way ticket and i will pay in cash) for around 10k bht. You get cash for expring points and i get a cheaper ticket for trip to London.

Note: Please do not offer me the points at Star Alliance rates as i could easily buy them direct myself. this is for someone who doesnt need the points and happy to exchange them for cash.

Thank you.

I can sell you some miles, but not enough for your ticket back, so you'd have to purchase some off me and some off another person. I currently have 4,584 miles. If you're interested in them, I'll give them up for 3,500 baht.

Edited by Shivers

I can sell you some miles, but not enough for your ticket back, so you'd have to purchase some off me and some off another person. I currently have 4,584 miles. If you're interested in them, I'll give them up for 3,500 baht.

At that rate it would cost me 37,000bht to get a one way on points!!

As i already mentioned in my notes, please do not offer me what is essentially Star Alliance rates to 'buy/top up points' as its actually cheaper and less hassle to just buy a ticket!

prob there isnt anyone but just wondered if there was someone who had points they DO NOT need and will exchange for cash. I would even go higher than the 10k i offered but not going to pay 37k bht for the points when a ticket is cheaper!

Cheers.

Edited by bestmate

I did read you didn't want to pay the same rate you could purchase them for, which is why I offered the much cheaper rate (would cost you over 5k baht for my points if purchased directly from Thai Airways). I'd say my offer was quite a nice one. But, I see your point about how much it's going to cost to get back to England, so I can't help you out. Best of luck though.

Hi

I have 35429 Eva Air miles that I can exchange for cash,how much do you want to pay me for those,

Thanks

Paul

At that rate it would cost me 37,000bht to get a one way on points!!

As i already mentioned in my notes, please do not offer me what is essentially Star Alliance rates to 'buy/top up points' as its actually cheaper and less hassle to just buy a ticket!

prob there isnt anyone but just wondered if there was someone who had points they DO NOT need and will exchange for cash. I would even go higher than the 10k i offered but not going to pay 37k bht for the points when a ticket is cheaper!

Cheers.

I did read you didn't want to pay the same rate you could purchase them for, which is why I offered the much cheaper rate (would cost you over 5k baht for my points if purchased directly from Thai Airways). I'd say my offer was quite a nice one. But, I see your point about how much it's going to cost to get back to England, so I can't help you out. Best of luck though.

Hi, no worries, i would prob just get a cheap Air India one way ticket back.

BTW i think i built you a website a while back?

Hi

I have 35429 Eva Air miles that I can exchange for cash,how much do you want to pay me for those,

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for offering some points. However just checked with Eva Air and they only do round trip redemption's at 100k points so the points would not be enough and i would have to buy round trip. Which is not necessarily a bad idea since i am coming back)

I think i will just go get a deal at a travel agents.

Edited by bestmate

Hi

You may be pushing it with EVA to transfer the Miles as first you will have to add Named Person to your list supplying details and of course I think the Total Named Persons one can have is Six.

They in turn will be having to add you and this of course takes a little time as well .

The other point to note is if they buy your ticket etc then on both parts a risk arises and whilst I understand wanting a cheaper ticket IMO I would not do this.

I have not noted your Departure Country but maybe an indirect flight which is cheaper could be the way to go.

Best wishes

Hi

You may be pushing it with EVA to transfer the Miles as first you will have to add Named Person to your list supplying details and of course I think the Total Named Persons one can have is Six.

They in turn will be having to add you and this of course takes a little time as well .

The other point to note is if they buy your ticket etc then on both parts a risk arises and whilst I understand wanting a cheaper ticket IMO I would not do this.

I have not noted your Departure Country but maybe an indirect flight which is cheaper could be the way to go.

Best wishes

Hi, i already posited It was Bkk to London and also posted i will just buy a one way or even a return (since im coming straight back) at a travel agents as it seems to be less hassle.

Cheers.

For those who like to use points/miles I would say avoid EVA air - I've had thousands of air miles with them and they have always shifted the goal posts when I have tried to redeem them for something, putting it just out of my reach until the points eventually expire...

I still fly with them, I just ignore the points as a gimmick....

Sorry this is a bit off topic but I wanted to inform people but didn't think it deserved a whole thread :)

BARGIRLS CAN FAKE AN ORGASM BUT I CAN FAKE A WHOLE RELATIONSHIP

Massic Travel second road near Soi 6 have been great for me in the past with some very good one way Air fares.

:001_Sawasdee:

Massic Travel second road near Soi 6 have been great for me in the past with some very good one way Air fares.

:001_Sawasdee:

Thanks for the tip.

For those who like to use points/miles I would say avoid EVA air - I've had thousands of air miles with them and they have always shifted the goal posts when I have tried to redeem them for something, putting it just out of my reach until the points eventually expire...

I still fly with them, I just ignore the points as a gimmick....

Sorry this is a bit off topic but I wanted to inform people but didn't think it deserved a whole thread :)

I have to agree. I have 79K with them and now they're just slowly expiring. I think with that amount I can almost buy a segment upgrade for a short hop. I liked EVA but now look elsewhere.

I just check with sunnyonline.com and they have this

From Bangkok To Heathrow

Airline Eva Air

Ticketing period 08 August 2011 - 30 September 2011

Travel period 06 September 2011 - 20 December 2011

Conditions Minimum stay 1 day(s).

Maximum stay 30 day(s).

Class B

One way fare from*

Adults THB 15,500.00

http://www.plusibe.com/IBESTDWebTH/PromotionSearchMaster.aspx?Search=Search&Source=BKK&Destination=LHR&Triptype=O&AC=BR&id=8522062d-5672-4af2-acc7-a3e323b1c7bb&SC=PYXTG2501

I just check with sunnyonline.com and they have this

From Bangkok To Heathrow

Airline Eva Air

Ticketing period 08 August 2011 - 30 September 2011

Travel period 06 September 2011 - 20 December 2011

Conditions Minimum stay 1 day(s).

Maximum stay 30 day(s).

Class B

One way fare from*

Adults THB 15,500.00

http://www.plusibe.c...bb&SC=PYXTG2501

Is that a one way or rtn fare? cause it excludes taxes

Will call them tomorrow to confirm the Rtn fare with max 30 days (thats all i need in the UK anyway)!

sent you a pm already...i'm interested in buying your miles...let me know if you want to sell them....

I have to agree. I have 79K with them and now they're just slowly expiring. I think with that amount I can almost buy a segment upgrade for a short hop. I liked EVA but now look elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you can transfer Star Alliance miles between carriers, but you can book a flight on a Star Alliance carrier with them.

I hoard my miles, so I can't help you, BUT US Air is running a promotion now where you get a 100% bonus on purchased miles, so long as you buy in increments of 10,000 miles (in other words, 29,000 miles gets a 20,000 bonus, but 20,000 gets the same 20,000 bonus). Miles are 2.7 cents each, but 20,000 miles (with a 20,000 bonus) would net you 40,000 miles for $550 (or about 16,500 baht). I think a one way coach ticket is 35,000 miles, assuming you can find one that is available.

Doesn't sound like that does the job for you, but just passing along the option.